Can't seem to find any cruises..

callajl

We were wanting to do the Mexican Riveria for a change since we have cruised the Caribbean 7 times. School gets out on May 17, so I was looking to fly out on the 18th and then cruise after that. I assumed cruises were abundant from California but I can only find 1 Carnival 7 nighter. Any suggestions...

If it's any consolation, the Pride is supposed to be a very nice ship. My guess is that it's very hot in Mexico during summer months & the other ships are repositioned to do the Alaska itinerary.

This is true... Alaska is the spot of that time. We sailed in June and I believe only two ships were sailing (RCCL & Carnival). RCCL's Legend of the Seas has since been repositioned. Holland America will be doing the Mexican Riviera in 2006, but only after the Alaska season is over.

• 2 weeks later...

Our problem is that we have cruised the Caribbean MANY times and are kinda tired of it- what a problem! and my DH can't take the extra time to do Alaska this next year. I want to do a cruisetour because I know that this will probably be the only time we get to do Alaska. Our airfare to Seattle is $$$ from the panhandle of Florida, plus I know the excursions would be another $2000 for Alaska- that is why we were interested in doing something from California. Even though we would have $$ in airfare, that would be about it and we could do it in 10 days. My DH refuses to do Carnival so I guess we are out of luck. Thanks for the input.

Our problem is that we have cruised the Caribbean MANY times and are kinda tired of it- what a problem! and my DH can't take the extra time to do Alaska this next year. I want to do a cruisetour because I know that this will probably be the only time we get to do Alaska. Our airfare to Seattle is $$$ from the panhandle of Florida, plus I know the excursions would be another $2000 for Alaska- that is why we were interested in doing something from California. Even though we would have $$ in airfare, that would be about it and we could do it in 10 days. My DH refuses to do Carnival so I guess we are out of luck. Thanks for the input.

I just ran across the following thread that you might find interesting regarding those hesitant of booking on Carnival: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=207211. I've been on 2 RCI, 5 Carnival, with another booked on the Carnival Spirit this December & have had a great time on all of them.

I would not shy away from Carnival. I have enjoyed my Carnival cruises, even thought I like rrcl and Princess. My mother-in-law and her sister (both in their 70's) took the Pride and really enjoyed it. I was a little concerned because I know Carnival is a younger crowd, but they had a great time and also met several people their age. If you have young kids, Carnival is a great ship to go on. I know both my kids enjoyed the 24 hour pizza and all the activities on Carnival.

We have sailed on RCCL, HAL, Celebrity, and Carnival and our cruise on Mex Riv last Feb on the Pride was one of the best. Very nice ship and pretty good food and service. We are in our 50's and more interested in whats outside the ship and in the ports. Not sure what your husband is basing this aversion on, but we too were concerned until we did it. I would not hesitate to do again. I think the Caribbean tours may be different with more of a party mode.

Archived