Loved the Carnival Triumph

huntm

IEmbarkation we used Faster To The Fun. It was quick and smooth. Debarkation really wasn’t bad. We met in the Rome Lounge at 9am. About 9:30 or so they told us we could leave. There were still self assist passengers debarking and you had to try to fit in the line with them, but overall it went well.

Wow Marci, sounds like you had a wondeful time! Thanks for taking the time to share the info, can't wait to be on her in 59 days!

In Galveston, is the check-in for FTTF well indicated? Or are FTTF people just lumped in with Priority?

Thanks!

Wow Marci, sounds like you had a wondeful time! Thanks for taking the time to share the info, can't wait to be on her in 59 days!

In Galveston, is the check-in for FTTF well indicated? Or are FTTF people just lumped in with Priority?

Thanks!

All priority boarding is mostly together. The lines to get through security are well marked. You will check in on the computers to the far left. There is plenty of staff to help direct you.

If you get there early enough to have to sit in the chairs I believe FTTF is separate from the other priority boarders. Galveston is very easy to get through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

"We did the Beginner’s Scuba. I am terrified of water and I thought this excursion was great!"

How terrified of water are you? I am EXTREMELY terrified but I would like to do some type of looking under the water. What made you feel comfortable?

Thanks

I have been able to scuba before... However, I panic. I am ok above water, but do NOT want my head under it!

The instructors are very patient and good. I just put my face in the water and first and saw that I could breathe. Then we practiced sitting down in shallow water so that my head was submerged and breathing. We didn't head out until all of us were comfortable.

He stayed with us the whole time and constantly made sure we were ok. It was a really good time!

Embarkation was a breeze, got to port @ 10:30 and we were in line at Chopsticks @ 11:30! Parked inside at Park N Cruise, $45. Everything in-between was great, which is why we going again in 3 weeks.

Did you have FTTF? Wondering what time does the terminal open and how busy was it at 10:30?

Also thinking of using Park N Cruise. Is this where the ant infestation happened (this may be a question for huntm)? Was it as convenient as they say getting from the parking lot to the terminal? And can you walk across the street or do you have to take a shuttle from the parking?

If you get there early enough to have to sit in the chairs I believe FTTF is separate from the other priority boarders. Galveston is very easy to get through.

I don't recall seeing in your review how early you got to the terminal. What time did you arrive and how fast did you get on the ship once you arrived? Were the porters pretty observant of your FTTF luggage tags or did you have to let them know?

Thanks!!!

Yes, we sailed away and shortly after were informed that a guest was critically ill so we would be returning to Galveston where an ambulance would be waiting. Rumor has it.... Once again... only a rumor... That the guest passed away. I saw and heard zero grumbling about this. Only many guest saying prayers and concerned for all involved.

We did have FTTF. We arrived at the port about 10:30. The porters promptly took our luggage and there were zero problems. There was not a line at the security screening so we just walked on in. Upstairs we also just walked straight to the counter and were checked in. (There was a small line for non Priority). We were directed to the chairs and probably waited about 10 minutes there before we were called to board. I did not look at my watch, but it was early and we weren't even hungry for lunch yet. Our son promptly hopped in the pools and was the first one down the water slide :)

We have never used Park N Cruise before so maybe someone else can answer that one. The ant infestation happened at the Hampton Inn in Galveston.

Did you have FTTF? Wondering what time does the terminal open and how busy was it at 10:30?

Also thinking of using Park N Cruise. Is this where the ant infestation happened (this may be a question for huntm)? Was it as convenient as they say getting from the parking lot to the terminal? And can you walk across the street or do you have to take a shuttle from the parking?

I've used Park N Cruise twice--once this summer in late July--never had ants.

You cannot walk across the street from their place but I wouldn't want to. It's a very busy 4 lane boulevard. The shuttles have always been very quick. Never had to wait.

We have used Park n cruise a couple times and walked across the street with no issue. it is very easy from where you park to get across the street. We do drop off our checked luggage at the port first and than go park.

Edited by cruise.freak

• 3 months later...