Next Celebrity Perk

wendyatpml

Does anyone know what the next one will be and when it will be announced. I just missed the Pick Your Perk by two days. We were on the Sept. 14 Italy and Greece 14 night and had $1000 OBC. I am ready to book another trip but I want to wait until there is an incentive. Any info would be helpful.

I received today a notice of all European X cruises next summer offering $999 STARTING airfare for US travelers and reduced deposit. I ASSUME tax/fees to be added and $999 would only be from major airports and/or the savings amount would be tied to cabin class. Runs thru late Oct. Good Luck

I received today a notice of all European X cruises next summer offering $999 STARTING airfare for US travelers and reduced deposit. I ASSUME tax/fees to be added and $999 would only be from major airports and/or the savings amount would be tied to cabin class. Runs thru late Oct. Good Luck

Included air is for veranda staterooms, if I read the fine print correctly

Does anyone know what the next one will be and when it will be announced. I just missed the Pick Your Perk by two days. We were on the Sept. 14 Italy and Greece 14 night and had $1000 OBC. I am ready to book another trip but I want to wait until there is an incentive. Any info would be helpful.

I am always amazed at how some people receive so much OBC. How did you do it? :eek:

There will be an on board credit offer connected with National Cruise Vacation Week at the end of October, according to an email that I received today.

Was this email from celebrity or your TA? We are looking for someone to come along with an OBC incentive so that we can transfer our Reserve Passage to a TA. Would like something more than a $50 OBC for a 12 night cruise, though.

I keep reading how people transfer their bookings to receive these incentives, but so far have not seen anything/anyone "out there" to transfer to. :rolleyes: Our time is running short, as we booked onboard the ship a month ago. According to the paperwork we received, we must negotiate the transfer before 60 days is up. We have 30 more to find a TA with good incentives. :eek:

Would be nice if perks were included for inside cabins!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin)

I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

Looks like prices dropped on a number of cruises since the pick your perk sale ended. The pick your perk really was more an advertising gimmick than a true sale IMHO - they just raised prices and built the cost of the perk into the fare. Actually works to Celebrity's benefit to get you to pay more and throw in the perk.

Was this email from celebrity or your TA? QUOTE]

I got this in an email from a travel agent - apparently this is in connection with National Cruise Vacation Week (October 20 - 27) and there are promotions coming from most cruise lines:

Celebrity Cruises will be offering onboard credit on all sailings 5 nights or greater on cruises to Alaska, Bermuda, Caribbean and Europe that sail between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2015.

Here is how the credits will work:

NON-Loyalty guests:

•$50 per cabin-inside and ocean view

•$100 per cabin-veranda

•$150 per cabin-Concierge class, Aqua class

•$200 per cabin-suites

Loyalty guests:

•$100 per cabin-inside and ocean view

•$150 per cabin-veranda

•$200 per cabin-Concierge class, Aqua class

•$250 per cabin-suites

Here are the details:

(Onboard Credit (“OBC”) Offer applies to 5-night or longer Alaska, Europe, Bermuda or Caribbean sailings departing Jan. 1, 2014–April 30, 2015. Cruise must be booked Oct. 20-25, 2013 (“Offer Period”). OBC based on stateroom category in the following OBC amounts: for non-loyalty bookings, $50 inside and ocean view, $100 veranda, $150 Concierge Class and AquaClass®, $200 suites; and for Captain’s Club bookings, $50 more than the corresponding non-loyalty OBC for each category. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking. New members may book onboardwithout a membership number but must provide the membership number by Nov. 10, 2013to be eligible for the Offer.

Offer limited to one per stateroom. Cruise portion of cruisetours eligible for Offer based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking.

Offer applies to Fivestar, Group X, and cruisetour program rates and price programs that begin with FST, TR, and GRPX.

Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully deposited during the Offer Period. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise.Cruise portion of Cruisetours eligible for Offers. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offers. Offers not applicable to contracted groups or chartered sailings. Prices and offers apply to residents of the U.S. and Canada only. Residents of any other country should contact their local Celebrity Cruises office or travel partner. Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offer is subject to availability, subject to change without notice, and capacity controlled. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, or price program, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, CHX, reduced air, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates, or discounted rates.)

Looks like prices dropped on a number of cruises since the pick your perk sale ended. The pick your perk really was more an advertising gimmick than a true sale IMHO - they just raised prices and built the cost of the perk into the fare. Actually works to Celebrity's benefit to get you to pay more and throw in the perk.

On some sailings this may be true, but I booked an S1 on the Century sailing April 2014 back in January 2013 and took the beverage package. The S1's today are priced $400 pp higher without any perks than I paid back in January. All depends on the sailing I guess.

Hi Everyone,

For those interested in the current Europe promotion, you can view the details by clicking here

Andy,

Do you have any details regarding the Caribbean Book & Go promotion, prices etc. on the 5 night Constellation packages?

Thanks.

Andy,

Do you have any details regarding the Caribbean Book & Go promotion, prices etc. on the 5 night Constellation packages?

Thanks.

Hi Villauk,

I've located the promo for you. Please click here . I hope this is helpful !

Hi Villauk,

I've located the promo for you. Please click here . I hope this is helpful !

Thanks, Andy, that's the one I was referring to. Unfortunately, I was looking at April and it appears it's only sailing up to February (even though it does state until April 19th in the T&C :confused:).

Thanks again :).

Is that really such a deal. I think you could get flights to England yourself for around that price

I agree, DW is flying to Cardiff, UK return from Toronto on KLM in two weeks time for a visit to see our grandkids for $930US including all taxes and fees. Going into London would have been even cheaper. ;)

Didn't this end already?

I can't find it anywhere on the Celebrity website. :confused:

It's on the Captain's Club part of the website, however Andy's link gives actual dates that the offer applies to. There are no booking between dates quoted to qualify though, so I'm presuming the offer is still available?

I was hoping for April dates as in the T&C they do state for particular sailings up to 19th April 2014. Andy's flyer only has certain select sailings up to February 2014 though, so I'm unsure as to why they would state the later dates when the qualifying cruises finish in Feb?

Transferring to a travel Agency depends on how much help you need. If you have complicated air or connection problems a good travel agent is best. Just call and they will send you a transfer voucher. If your reservation is not complicated then any of the online travel agencies is just a phone call away. Ususlly they will share part of their commission with you which will be in addition to the benefits you received from the cruise line. If I mention a specific firm I think they will delete my post so I would suggest that you try the owner of this cruise critic site. It has two three letter names.

Hope this helps.

I am always amazed at how some people receive so much OBC. How did you do it? :eek:

Was this email from celebrity or your TA? We are looking for someone to come along with an OBC incentive so that we can transfer our Reserve Passage to a TA. Would like something more than a $50 OBC for a 12 night cruise, though.

I keep reading how people transfer their bookings to receive these incentives, but so far have not seen anything/anyone "out there" to transfer to. :rolleyes: Our time is running short, as we booked onboard the ship a month ago. According to the paperwork we received, we must negotiate the transfer before 60 days is up. We have 30 more to find a TA with good incentives. :eek:

Archived