Singles to get Double Points

Another one not knowing why the OP thinks she'll be flamed for her post, but oh well. Members have flamed for less. ;)

My only comment - RATS!!! Shortly after I booked the little 2 nighter on Vision someone mentioned the single rate for an ocean view with tax and port fees was $110. Not much more than what we paid per person. We could have had our own cabins and an extra 2 points.

:D:D I just checked my points, was on Allure with Molly Sep 22-29, received 14 points! :D:D And yes, I only paid 10% supplement! :o Hate the game, not the player!

Great for you! I am thinking maybe the IT system set it up and so rather than being effective for sailings departing on/after 10/3 it will post for anyone whose credits are posted on /after 10/3.

Totally agree....Hate the game not the player!!! (That was why I specifically said I wasn't questioning the poster....just found it curious that they posted the credits that way. Happy for you ! We all know the RC IT department is far from perfect! :)

Edited by skiiergirl

Sounds good. So, for my 13 night cruise (booked in July) that takes place in May next year, I'll get 26 points?

Regardless of extra points or not, I'll move from Gold to Platinum during the cruise. The T&Cs say that the points are applied after the cruise has finished, but is there any way to move tiers while still on board?

Maxwell, I helped you find cheapies a few weeks ago! ;) I found Enchantment over the weekend for a $1/day solo supplement - it has since gone up.:rolleyes:

Is there a "warehouse" to find these special solo cruises? or do we just find a cruise we like and then check the solo price? (I am a newly solo cruiser.)

Kathy

Great for you! I am thinking maybe the IT system set it up and so rather than being effective for sailings departing on/after 10/3 it will post for anyone whose credits are posted on /after 10/3.

Totally agree....Hate the game not the player!!! (That was why I specifically said I wasn't questioning the poster....just found it curious that they posted the credits that way. Happy for you ! We all know the RC IT department is far from perfect! :)

I think your theory is correct. I was thinking the same thing.

Is this official now?

I knew I liked you Merion Mom, when I met you on Oasis! Certainly making my morning.

This is certainly good news for me as I have my cruises in suites coming up now in November, but if they applied it just for 2013, I would have made Diamond in one year as I will hit 51 days total in 2013 the 'old fashioned' way as a single.

I finally have a cruise coming up where they even opened the 'W' guarantee to singles.

What is a "W" guarantee? Thanks for enlightening me. I'm a strong believer in saving money by booking guarantees.

Kathy

Don't mean to hijack the thread but can someone tell me how do you find cruises where the single supplement is only 10%. We always travel with my dad and pay double for the base cruise rate for his cabin.

I am happy that he will be able to get extra points for the Oasis cruise we have booked for Nov 30th. He will now reach Platinum at the end of that cruise thanks to the new policy giving 3 points for sailing solo in a JS or higher. Does anyone know what the balcony discount is once you reach Platinum? We have the Explorer already booked for May 2014 and I want to know if he will receive an additional discount on that cruise since he will be Platinum before I make final payment.

Thanks

I think your theory is correct. I was thinking the same thing.
Me, too.

I was also on the Allure 9/22 with Maureen and Molly, and I stayed on for 9/29. Yesterday, I was puzzling about why 14 points for the 9/22 sailing. I thought it was a mistake. Now that I know it is for real, I am very happy. the points for the 9/29 cruise are not yet posted. Assuming 14 points are given for that cruise, I'll have 215. So, I should be able to call in for an Allure crystal block, right? That would be a nice momento of a wonderful trip.

Too bad for the stateroom attendants who will only get tips from one much more often now. No need for those to respond who say we shouldn't worry about them. I'm just stating it's too bad for them.

Gina

I think giving double points to solo cruisers is the right thing to do expecially since it really costs RCI nothing. But do you really think it is going to be the determining factor that gets a lot of solos who are on the fence about cruising and paying a suppliment to make the move and book? I'm sure it will get some but I doubt that they will see solo cabins much more often now. The bottom line is finances and the bottom line is going to be the same for the solos whether they get points or not.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I just did an online chat with C&A....as usual,not everyone is on the same page......I wasn't about to tell her how some already got it.;) After all,she was just reading what was in front of her

30428.png

XXXXXRCCL: [08:13] Thank you for contacting the Crown & Anchor Society. My name is XXXXX. How may I assist you?

[08:13] Hello Kathy

Kathy: [08:14] Hi.......I heard that solo cruisers will now get an additional credit per night......is this true?

XXXXXRCCL: [08:16] Yes, This was a suggestion of a fellow cruiser and the managment team liked the idea, so starting October 3rd, every reservation that is entered into the system as a single occupancy, they will receive an additional point per night.

Kathy: [08:16] Is it anywhere on your website yet?

XXXXXRCCL: [08:19] It has not been released out by marketing yet, but there will be an official announcement. We have not been told what those dates are as of yet. It is currently in place though for any booking that was made beginning October 3rd. It will not be retroactive, meaning if someone booked October 2nd as a single they would not qualify. They would need to cancel and rebook at prevailing rates, but the program has been started.

Kathy: [08:20] So since I booked my next cruise(for Nov) back in Sept,I won't get the extra points? I thought it was for cruises AFTER Oct 3rd,not bookings

XXXXXRCCL: [08:22] "Starting October 3, any sailings entering the database with the SINGLE pricing type will receive one additional point per night." This mean the booking must be created on or after October 3rd.

Kathy: [08:22] Ok,thanks for your help......I appreciate it.Bye.

No if you stay in a suite you receive 3 points. Double points for the cruise and 1 extra point for the suite.

C&A doesn't even do points any longer, they do nights at sea. So would it not be 2 x (or 3 x) the number of nights?

Edited by Ocean Boy

I think giving double points to solo cruisers is the right thing to do expecially since it really costs RCI nothing. But do you really think it is going to be the determining factor that gets a lot of solos who are on the fence about cruising and paying a suppliment to make the move and book? I'm sure it will get some but I doubt that they will see solo cabins much more often now. The bottom line is finances and the bottom line is going to be the same for the solos whether they get points or not.

Yes I without a doubt and absolutely do believe it will push people off the fence and they will book as singles more often. I've met plenty of self-proclaimed "point chasers" in the CL and this is all they will need. This could be good for RCI in a way as they may not have to lower the single supplement so often in order to fill the rooms.

I wish RCCL would let us know that they were going to do this ahead of time. I have an 11 day solo cruise booked for Dec., I was going to do a B2B solo on the Majesty before this cruise to help me get to Diamond Plus. Then RCCL does away with Diamonds in December, so instead of the Majesty, I booked a 3 day cruise on a MSC ship with my GF. Had I known, I would have done the Majesty and been 1 point shy of the next level.

C&A doesn't even do points any longer, they do nights at sea. So would it not be 2 x (or 3 x) the number of nights?

Um, actually I think they are called points now. My page says "Completed cruise points:201."

They did away with credits.

Edited by Starry Eyes

I read that the cruise must be booked after Oct 3rd. That seems a little unfair, as I have 3 solo cruises booked already.

I can understand not giving credit for PAST sailings, but it should be applied to any sailings on or after 10/3