Spring Break?

sunshine-gal

Depends on the port your sailing from and length of the cruise. Spring break now lasts about 6-8 weeks and there is a lot of variation in how busy the ships are.

rvsullivan is correct.

The Spring Break for 2014 runs approximately from March 1 to April 15. Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge (geaux Tigers!) begins the second week in April. New Orleans is an hour away so those cruises will be loaded with Spring Breakers.

We have booked our cruise out of NOLA a week before LSU goes on Spring Break. Expect there will be a few Spring Breakers onboard, but nothing like the following week.

Here's a link to the college Spring Break schedule for 2014, you'll need to scroll down to see the list of colleges http://www.studentcity.com/blog/when-is-my-spring-break/

It is late for colleges and universities BUT it is the spring break for primary and secondary schools. It is our spring break here in Kentucky. And, yes, it will be a very popular time for families with children.

In New England most colleges take their spring breaks mid-March and the others who don't take them then will take them on the normal primary school schedules which are mid-February (week of President's Day) and then mid-April (Patriot's Day). I've done Spring Break cruising and it's a ton of fun!

The week of March 10 is the big week for the college spring break (2.7m).

Heres a link to the number of students Off on any given week .

Boy thats a lot ;)

http://studenttravel.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=studenttravel&cdn=travel&tm=41&f=00&su=p1090.11.200.ip_&tt=12&bt=2&bts=2&zu=http%3A//www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar.htm

March 30 2014 are there a lot of spring breakers this week? I notice the prices are a bit cheaper this week instead of the weeks before.

My experience indicates if the prices are down, the spring breakers are in school. The cruise lines certainly price their cruises on expected demand. Double check to make sure but the price is always an indicator.

March 30 2014 are there a lot of spring breakers this week? I notice the prices are a bit cheaper this week instead of the weeks before.

That will definitely be a spring break week for someone. When our son was school age we did a lot of cruises in March, but couldn't believe the difference in the feel of the ship once we started cruising outside of school holiday times. And the prices are so much better:) If you don't have kids and don't have to sail then, I wouldn't.

We are sailing on the Epic that week, primarily because it's Spring Break for our girls, who are middle school age. I agree it's late for college spring break but there will undoubtedly be a lot of High School and younger kids...

My experience indicates if the prices are down, the spring breakers are in school. The cruise lines certainly price their cruises on expected demand. Double check to make sure but the price is always an indicator.

I agree, the price is a big factor in determining if spring breakers will be sailing.

Archived