Thoughts of Oasis from fellow cruisers.

merknerk

;)Hello Everyone

We will be boarding Oasis in February and are so excited! This is our 12th cruise and I know she is the largest ship we will have been on so I want to get in everything we can the week we will spend on her. Any thoughts and ideas on what not to miss would be appreciated. Also I just read the latest review and was surprised to see that someone had to pay an extra $15.00 charge for filet mignon in the main dining room? Could that be true? Maybe it was ordered on a night when it wasn't on the menu? Thanks for all the replies.

Happy Cruising Everyone!

;)Hello Everyone

We will be boarding Oasis in February and are so excited! This is our 12th cruise and I know she is the largest ship we will have been on so I want to get in everything we can the week we will spend on her. Any thoughts and ideas on what not to miss would be appreciated. Also I just read the latest review and was surprised to see that someone had to pay an extra $15.00 charge for filet mignon in the main dining room? Could that be true? Maybe it was ordered on a night when it wasn't on the menu? Thanks for all the replies.

Happy Cruising Everyone!

They pd the charge because it was a special cut cooked just for them. Oasis has plenty of other steaks at no charge.

You need to find the show itinerary for your sailing (eastern or western) and then include quest, love and marriage game, ect into the schedule. All can be done with either seating, early or late.

The passenger in question chose to pay extra, as stated. There is a sirloin available every night if you want, at no extra charge. My son had one in addition to his entrée each night and loved every bite. :)

Here is an extensive Oasis tips/hints thread already running; please look at post # 115 in particular.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1425147 <---click here for thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29676395&postcount=115 <--- click here for post 115

The passenger in question chose to pay extra, as stated. There is a sirloin available every night if you want, at no extra charge. My son had one in addition to his entrée each night and loved every bite. :)

Here is an extensive Oasis tips/hints thread already running; please look at post # 115 in particular.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1425147 <---click here for thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29676395&postcount=115 <--- click here for post 115

Some excellent tips, thanks for reposting :-)

I glanced at the "tips" and one correction is Johnnie Rockets has a $4.95 cover charge (well worth it). Go to Vintages and get a glass of wine and some Tapas. A small charge for Tapas (it varies per what you order), but the cream cheese stuffed pimiento peppers are awesome!

Ride the carousel and zip line (take closed toe shoes for the zip line).

For a great evening dine at 150 Central Park. You can split the wine pairing (just tell them), and for us, it was plenty of wine.

Eat breakfast at Johnnie Rockets (it is free).

Take a night stroll through Central Park.

Book B2B cruises so you can do it all! :)

DH and I just got off of the Oasis two weeks ago and Carnival Breeze yesterday. Don't miss any of the shows especially Hairspray. We ate at the Chop Grill and the Japanese restaurant both were excellent. Ride the carousel and do the zip line. We had MTD and our server was a wonderful person named Fred if he is still there during your sailing try to request for him. Enjoy your cruised

;)Hello Everyone

Happy Cruising Everyone!

I was on Oasis last week and ordered the extra charge filet on Friday night. It came from Chops and was 10 oz; very tender and tasty -much better than the steak that is offered for no extra charge, IMHO. I thought it was a great deal - I got a delicious steak for 1/2 the price of going to Chops and was able to eat a "lighter" meal than I would have if I had gone there.

We were on the Oasis a few years ago and then did a b2b in August ... We still haven't done it all!!! I missed a tour of the paintings as I went to the tour of central park and the landscaping ... next time I would love to see all the different pictures ... every time we wandered there were great pictures/paintings/murals to see. Jan

Archived