When you book

We were on our 1st cruise to the eastern Mediterranean about a month ago. When booking we based our decision on the ports we where stopping in. This cruise was on the Navigator and when on the ship we loved the size and layout.

I mentioned to my wife that I would love our next cruise to be on the same size or the Freedom or ultimately the Oasis class.

I have found a great itinerary for our 2nd cruise. It’s in the Caribbean with most of the port we would like to see and only one day at sea. It’s on the Jewel of the seas…..this will be a smaller ship then planned.

When you are booking your cruises do you base your decision on the ports 1st or the ship?

We were on our 1st cruise to the eastern Mediterranean about a month ago. When booking we based our decision on the ports we where stopping in. This cruise was on the Navigator and when on the ship we loved the size and layout.

I mentioned to my wife that I would love our next cruise to be on the same size or the Freedom or ultimately the Oasis class.

I have found a great itinerary for our 2nd cruise. It’s in the Caribbean with most of the port we would like to see and only one day at sea. It’s on the Jewel of the seas…..this will be a smaller ship then planned.

When you are booking your cruises do you base your decision on the ports 1st or the ship?

If we're talking Europe, it is definitely ports. If in the Caribbean it is the price and then the ship. Rarely anymore it's the ports in the Carib which you are bound to Western, Eastern and Southern. Southern being the most desirable, Eastern the next I guess and Western the least. Price is #1 in the Carib JMHO...Ship might add into it if Oasis class comes into play at a competitive price.

Neither, price is first. If the price is not right, the rest does not matter. Then ports then ship

The price is the very LAST thing we consider. Other things are much more important to us. :)

There is nothing wrong with putting price first ... but we don't.

LuLu

~~~

Everyone has different goals and needs when travelling :)

For us, price and ease of getting to the port are usually the top concerns.

There are itineraries and ships we will pay more for, but not a ton more (for example, we keep putting off the Baltic--we can nearly always take two equally long cruises in the Med for the price of one Baltic cruise--we'd pay 20% more, but not double).

We actually like to mix it up and try all the different sizes of ships and have more variety that way. And we primarily sail Europe--where nearly every port is worth seeing more than once and has plenty of things to offer to fill several port days.

Personally, we used to sail the Caribbean a lot when we lived in the US, and all the beaches and beach towns are pretty similar--so I would look more at only price and ship and not at all at ports there.

Archived