Souks & sangria cruise & stay 1st time

spicylady1

Hello,Just wondered if anyone could answer a few questions for me?I want to book an AI for my birthday (The big 60!)next May that is not too expensive.I found this one for next April on the IE which seems reasonable about £900 each outside cabin with stay in Majorca.Has anyone done this one and have any advice or tips?Is it best to cruise and then stay??Also has anyone stayed at the Santa Lucia or Talayot hotels as not sure which to book!:Lastly..what's the weather like in April and is it best to book sooner or later?Thank's any info appreciated !

Hello,Just wondered if anyone could answer a few questions for me?I want to book an AI for my birthday (The big 60!)next May that is not too expensive.I found this one for next April on the IE which seems reasonable about £900 each outside cabin with stay in Majorca.Has anyone done this one and have any advice or tips?Is it best to cruise and then stay??Also has anyone stayed at the Santa Lucia or Talayot hotels as not sure which to book!:Lastly..what's the weather like in April and is it best to book sooner or later?Thank's any info appreciated !

First, I would check the weather carefully for April in Majorca. You might be lucky but one year we went to Palma Nova in April and the weather was cool and wet. I wouldn't want you to be disappointed for the sake of waiting a couple of weeks. You should find good prices if you wait until around 5 weeks before sailing at that time of year if cost is important. We've done a cruise and stay and much prefer to cruise first as the cruise is a busy week with a lot of walking and sightseeing at all the stops. It's surprising how tiring it is, there's a lot to do on board and never enough time to do it all. After that it's great to just relax and rejuvenate. I know a lot of people think it's a downgrade to stay in a hotel but we all know what we're getting on a hotel holiday, completely different. I would advise booking a cabin midships on the IE as there's less movement and on the middle decks at that time of year as the sea can be choppy. Anything between the bottom 2 decks and the top 2 decks. The bottom 2 are too close to the sea if you have an outside cabin and the sea seem to be rushing by too quickly and looks to be very close. Also, the crew quarters are down there so there is a lot of coming and going as well as the gangplank being there. That means there are a lot of passengers clogging up the corridors. After all that I'm sure you'll have a great holiday on the IE, we did.:):)

Jan

Archived