Meet and Mingle on MSC ships?

Kreuzfahrtneuling

We were on the Divina May 7 to 14, and never got any notice about m&m, but in the dailies for the 2nd day, they had a meeting listed, which was fairly well attended. There was a member of the staff, but no drinks or goodies. It did give an opportunity for people to talk about the line and get to know each other. It was at one of the lounges, but I don't remember which one.

Hey, have you and DK done the status match yet? If not, do the status match and join us on an MSC cruise!!

Love to see you guys again ;) :D

I have her status matched, working on mine. It seems to have gotten a little mixed up, I have two account numbers. We are looking at booking the Divina on Aug 13.

• 2 months later...

On our August 27, 2016 Divina sailing, one lady from our Roll Call had tried to set up a M&G shoreside with MSC and got nowhere. Emails and phone calls and never got anything concrete. So she told us on the Roll Call where to meet the 2nd day to hold one ourselves. Then someone who had sailed recently chimed in and said Divina has a meeting posted as a CruiseCritic Meet & Greet on the 2nd day...I think at 11 am and advised us all to check the dailies.

We did and it was listed. We went. There were perhaps 20 of us. The Cruise Director, Andre, and several officers were there. Trays of sparkling wine, cosmos, rum sours and something else were passed. Several times. The tables had chips and bridge mix. I was extremely impressed with Andre who seemed like much more than the over the top cheerful barker CDs normally are....but rather a roving ambassador for the MSC brand.

He asked everyone to go in turn saying one good thing and one bad about Divina. Some of the comments were very helpful...like the toaster in the buffet was in an inconvenient spot...while you waited for your toast you were creating a log jam. If it were moved to a quieter spot... Some were not, such as the lady who asserted that there was "no fresh food" in the buffet. The officers were all very professional and took notes of what was said.

So bottom line is MSC doesn't seem set up to handle arranging M&Gs pre-sailing the way NCL does or have an on-line way to register for one the way Celebrity does. But this is actually better, in my opinion. It will be listed in the dailies.

One thing I noticed about the roll calls is there is very little follow up. I usually read the roll calls for sailings around the time I'm going.

On other cruiselines you'll notice after the cruise is over people post things like:

"it was great meeting all of you"

"hope your trip home was great"

"didn't we have fun in ....."

Very little of that on MSC. I guess it's because there are less people on the roll calls. At least I hope that's it.

• 5 months later...
We were on the Divina May 7 to 14, and never got any notice about m&m, but in the dailies for the 2nd day, they had a meeting listed, which was fairly well attended. There was a member of the staff, but no drinks or goodies. It did give an opportunity for people to talk about the line and get to know each other. It was at one of the lounges, but I don't remember which one.

I was on the Divina in December 2016. We were provided with butlered cocktails and hors d'oeuvres (including caviar). During our ten night cruise, we had TWO meet-n-greet's in the Silver Lounge ... which included a myriad of ship's officers - including the captain.

One thing I noticed about the roll calls is there is very little follow up. I usually read the roll calls for sailings around the time I'm going.

On other cruiselines you'll notice after the cruise is over people post things like:

"it was great meeting all of you"

"hope your trip home was great"

"didn't we have fun in ....."

Very little of that on MSC. I guess it's because there are less people on the roll calls. At least I hope that's it.

Some of us swap contact information, and communicate via telephone, social media, or e-mail. Our group had a group-slot pull, and posted pictures on CC after the cruise.