Honeymoon on Allure...Looking for some Suggestions!!

DCNadeau

Hello Everyone!

My fiancé and I are going to be honeymooning on Allure on the January 5th 2014 sailing and we can’t wait. We are looking for some suggestions from others more familiar with the ship on what we should do to celebrate onboard.

1) What special restaurants should we go to?

2) Should be book on board or pre-book?

3) Should we book a special dinning package rather than individual?

4) Are there any specials honeymooners can get on board?

5) What particular events on board should we make sure not to miss?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Dan

1) What special restaurants should we go to? We ate at Chops, Giovanni's & did the Chef's Table when we were on Oasis. Chef's Table is expensive but it was a wonderful evening!! That was how we celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary. It is a very small group of people and it was an exceptional evening!!

2) Should be book on board or pre-book? I would recommend pre-booking if there is something specific that you want to do to make sure you get the time that is best for you. That said, you would probably be okay to wait...the day/times might just not be the best.

3) Should we book a special dinning package rather than individual? Can't speak to this...it wasn't available when we sailed. We are considering it for our upcoming cruise on Allure.

4) Are there any specials honeymooners can get on board? Don't know.

5) What particular events on board should we make sure not to miss? The shows are FANTASTIC!! Don't miss them!! The entertainment on Oasis/Allure is amazing!!

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Dan

Hope that helps!

I would second the Chef's Table. We sat beside a couple that had just gotten married in New York while we were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. Everyone had a great time. This is definitely one of the things you should pre-book.

You might also consider some room decorations or flowers.

Congratulations!

Congrats!!! We honeymooned on the Allure in March. We didn't make any dinner reservations until on board and we were just fine, but it is better to be safe than sorry if you want a specific night and time. We didn't make it to 150 Central Park, but it looked very romantic inside. All the shows are a must, especially the Aqua show and Chicago. Hubby bought us the honeymoon package, it was a nice surprise of cupcakes, champagne, a frame, towel wraps and slippers. There is a honeymooners party with giveaways, cake, and champagne. I believe it was on the first formal night. The love and marriage show is also another must, very hilarious and you can even try to have them choose you to be the honeymoon couple.

Enjoy!!!

Membership in the balcony club is a must.

Why is it that anytime someone asked for certain suggestions, someone always tries to steer the thread into the "balcony club" direction?

Its like they are trying to turn the topic into their own bad version of Penthouse forum.

So lame..........

Hello Everyone!

My fiancé and I are going to be honeymooning on Allure on the January 5th 2014 sailing and we can’t wait. We are looking for some suggestions from others more familiar with the ship on what we should do to celebrate onboard.

1) What special restaurants should we go to?

2) Should be book on board or pre-book?

3) Should we book a special dinning package rather than individual?

4) Are there any specials honeymooners can get on board?

5) What particular events on board should we make sure not to miss?

Check out all the member reviews on this site.

They usually provide the best inside scoop of what to do on the ships.

Why is it that anytime someone asked for certain suggestions, someone always tries to steer the thread into the "balcony club" direction?

Its like they are trying to turn the topic into their own bad version of Penthouse forum.

So lame..........

And your advice is always so enriching and helpful:rolleyes:

So lame..........

I'm betting that everybody here will agree with me. We bow to your expertise. You are, without a doubt, hands down, the absolute and ultimate Cruise Critic expert on lame.

Judy

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

While I will second the Chef's Table as a great dining experience, you will be sitting with 10 new friends. For romantic dinners, I think CP150 is the hands down winner. Drop by anytime before your dinner to request the two top tables with the giant chairs. Makes you feel like you are by yourselves in the restaurant.

Note both Chef's table and CP150 are tasting menus, so if either of you are "picky" eaters it may not be up your alley.

Giovannis is nice but it is not in any way a quiet romantic setting. Chops is a lot quieter generally.

Champagne Bar is a nice place for a relaxed glass of wine or a cocktail. Or of course some bubbly to celebrate!

In any case, again, congrats and enjoy!

bobj

We are also going on honeymoon on Allure on Jan 5th!!

I pre-booked Chicago for the first night online. Going to have a look at the other entertainment options. Not going to bother with the speciality restaurants. Have cruised before and found main dining room food was perfect for us...

The honeymoon party sounds like fun!

Would love to get a surprise of the honeymoon package, i must start dropping some hints to himself!!

So lame..........

It makes my day when I can agree with Matj2000.

Sex on the balcony is not as delightful as it seems, especially for the person relaxing on the next balcony.

M

My wife and I will also be on this cruise celebrating our 1 year anniversary (the first night). We did our honeymoon last year on the Celebrity Reflection and had an awesome time!

I just booked the Chef's Dinner package (or whatever it is called) and we will do a more intimate dinner on our anniversary, Chops or 150 CP, and then do the Chef's Table on the 2nd night. I think for the price and what you get it is a pretty good deal.

It makes my day when I can agree with Matj2000.

Sex on the balcony is not as delightful as it seems, especially for the person relaxing on the next balcony.

M

Ahhh..someone finally elaborated on what the Balcony Club is. I had an idea, but I didn't know if my mind was just in the gutter.

I am honeymooning on the Allure as well in June 2014! It's also my fiance' and I's first ever cruise. So I appreciate all the advice. Someone told me to make sure they know it's our honeymoon and sometimes they surprise you with cupcakes or something in the room.

Thanks for all the advice!

Our wedding date is 12/28/13 so were going on our Honeymoon a Week later. I think we are thinking of doing the Chefs Table, Chops and Samba Grill for special dinners and try Gio for lunch one day. I was thinking of doing the Chefs Table on the Second night and then going to see Chicago at 1030, do you think we would make this time? I have read that Chefs Table can last up to 3hr.

Does anyone know if you book the Allure Choice dinning package if you can use it for Gio and Izumi at Lunch time?

Also would people recommend MTD or Late/Early? We have done cruises that we have done early and others late but i feel it depends on the ports and such. What have people had the best experience with on Allures Eastern Itinerary?

Thanks In Advance!!!

Archived