Bahama Beach Wedding Diary

dcarter4

The Bahamas is on our list and I was, like you, in search of some information; particularly about the 24 hour residency rule. So, again, thank you for taking the time to post all of this great information!

You must be in the Bahamas 24 hours before you can get a license. It's much easier to do as Dwayne did, and get legally married at home first.

• 3 weeks later...

You two make a stunning couple. I enjoyed reading about the logistics leading to your lovely wedding. So much work and expense but if the photos are any indication, so worth it! I also admire your determination to pull this off without going into debt.

Enjoy your married life together! If you can survive planning a wedding like this, you can get through anything!

You two make a stunning couple. I enjoyed reading about the logistics leading to your lovely wedding. So much work and expense but if the photos are any indication, so worth it! I also admire your determination to pull this off without going into debt.

Enjoy your married life together! If you can survive planning a wedding like this, you can get through anything!

Thank so much for the kind words! We actually had very little drama in the planning and executing phase...due to our NO DRAMA policy. We actually had more drama post-weeding....some of which, still lingers til today.

Dwayne & Kel

Thank you so much for every bit of information and emotion you have shared with us

It is making me think a lot but the decision won't be mine so depends on when we decide first

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're more than welcome. Let me know if you have any questions!

Dwayne & Kel

• 2 weeks later...

Did you have anything happening after the ceremony? We are going with WITB as well at Sandyport and are having a reception on the ship. We are just concerned about beverages on the beach itself. Does the Poopdeck have drinks you can buy right after the ceremony? Or what did you do with that time for the guests?

Did you have anything happening after the ceremony? We are going with WITB as well at Sandyport and are having a reception on the ship. We are just concerned about beverages on the beach itself. Does the Poopdeck have drinks you can buy right after the ceremony? Or what did you do with that time for the guests?

Not sure how often Dwayne checks back here, but yes according to his review the guests were able to buy drinks and listen to music he and the lovely Kel had selected to be played while they were getting photographs. :)

**I know i hate the waiting game for answers so I took the liberty of answering. Hope you don't mind.* :o

You're more than welcome. Let me know if you have any questions!

Dwayne & Kel

I will have heaps as I am only on the start if my journey down this road and won't be formalizing much

Till December I expect

Too many questions and too little money. Hehe

Thanks

Greg :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure how often Dwayne checks back here, but yes according to his review the guests were able to buy drinks and listen to music he and the lovely Kel had selected to be played while they were getting photographs. :)

**I know i hate the waiting game for answers so I took the liberty of answering. Hope you don't mind.* :o

I don't mind at all! Thank you! I read through the whole review but it was long so I forgot a couple of the fine details. :)

Hey Guys!!

Yes..I don't check back as often as i should. I'm starting to plan our Honeymoon cruise..so i will be 'online' more often!!

Promise!!

I must admit...I really just checked in to see if anyone is still reading our "Diary"....and they are!!!:)

So DustinandStacy2015

Yes....The PoopDeck was open for drinks. Many of our guests bought drinks, while we had our pictures taken. We had music playing during that time, also...

One word of caution...about your reception. Make sure you allow enough TIME to get from the PIER to the SHIP (and your reception).

We were LATE arriving at our reception!! :eek:

Give yourself an extra 30 - 45min BEFORE your reception.

That pier is LOOOONNNGGGGG!!!! (and you have to walk through a crowded shopping area).

Hope that helps...and do yourself a favor...take some time to enjoy this moment....this day will be over with...SOOOo fast!!

<a href=IMG_1345.jpg' alt='IMG_1345.jpg'>

Congrats...

Dwayne and Kelly

• 5 weeks later...

Hi I love your story and have given such insight!!! I plan to elope in Nov 2014 Bahamas cruising carnival. Really wanted celebrity yet the dates just didn't work. I wanted to know how long did you finally receive the link for your photos. Was the photography included in package? Really thought u would get link and they would send u a wedding album.

Edited by toi121
Word

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats! There are very few men who post on this forum so it will be interesting to see how a guy's take is on planning a wedding. I hope you do find some information on a Bahamas wedding, sorry I can't be of help all my research went into St. Thomas!

I'm looking into St.Thomas for Dec 2015!!!! Any suggestions?!?!?

• 1 month later...
Hi I love your story and have given such insight!!! I plan to elope in Nov 2014 Bahamas cruising carnival. Really wanted celebrity yet the dates just didn't work. I wanted to know how long did you finally receive the link for your photos. Was the photography included in package? Really thought u would get link and they would send u a wedding album.

It was about 20+ days (to the day) when we received the link to our pictures.

It felt like forever. I liked the pictures...Kel...not as much. In looking back, i'm glad we only spent what we did...and didn't go over-board.

With everyone having a smartphone with camera, some of our best shots were candid pictures from our friends and family! We only really used 3 - 4 of the wedding shots. I still haven't edited our video yet...which I find more exciting than the still frame.

I hope that helps?!

Dwayne & Kel

• 2 years later...

Good chance you dint come in here anymore...but u still want to say THANK YOU! I will be getting married Feb. 2018 in Nassau and am also using WITB. I stumbled upon this post and just read all 10 pages non stop. So insiteful, funny, and needed. Especially the reception. I've been trying to figure out how to do it. It's not offered for free in RCI, but I will make sure to be there in time and may go ahead and extend to 2 hours. Thank you so much again. And years later, I bet you're still a beautiful couple.

• 6 months later...
Good chance you dint come in here anymore...but u still want to say THANK YOU! I will be getting married Feb. 2018 in Nassau and am also using WITB. I stumbled upon this post and just read all 10 pages non stop. So insiteful, funny, and needed. Especially the reception. I've been trying to figure out how to do it. It's not offered for free in RCI, but I will make sure to be there in time and may go ahead and extend to 2 hours. Thank you so much again. And years later, I bet you're still a beautiful couple.

Hi...sorry I don’t check here very often. I’m glad this article was helpful to you. I can’t tell you how therapeutic it was to write this article. It was the only thing to keep us sane! Sadly, we are still trying to do the Europe honeymoon... one day...

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi and Greetings Dwayne and Kelly, just found this today and spent the day reading and loving your blog. This has to be the best most well written ever. Hoping you are having just the best time together with tons of happiness and joy. BTW you have such a talent for writing.

• 3 months later...