Voyager price drop

Liliny

Hey all,

Just checked to see how the vacancies were going on the cruise I'm going on.

There's massive price drop for the same type of suite I booked for the same cruise.

Am I entitled to be refunded the difference, even though I booked through a T/A?

Your advice, much appreciated.

Liliny ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hey all,

Just checked to see how the vacancies were going on the cruise I'm going on.

There's massive price drop for the same type of suite I booked for the same cruise.

Am I entitled to be refunded the difference, even though I booked through a T/A?

Your advice, much appreciated.

Liliny ;D

I would ring them and ask them if you are entitled to a refund. It would great if you do get one and let us know.

Ok, going to call now.

No RCI don't honour price drops in Australia - another reason we book through a US agent because they do.

If you haven't made final payment, then you have the option to cancel.

Cheers

Di

It can be done, but it would all depend on my T/A terms and conditions.

I would have to cancel my booking and rebook to get the cheaper price. Saying that it might cost me a lot more for cancellation fees.

The tickets are $373.66 cheaper ;€

Yeah the refund would not be enough to cover the fees. Not really worthwhile. Oh well

Sorry to get peeps excited.

The kind lady said if I booked through RCC, the cancellations would be allowed outside the 150 days before cruise departure. I'm sure there would be cancellation fees for that too.

Was worth a try.

Liliny ;D

It can be done, but it would all depend on my T/A terms and conditions.

I would have to cancel my booking and rebook to get the cheaper price. Saying that it might cost me a lot more for cancellation fees.

The tickets are $373.66 cheaper ;€

Yeah the refund would not be enough to cover the fees. Not really worthwhile. Oh well

Sorry to get peeps excited.

The kind lady said if I booked through RCC, the cancellations would be allowed outside the 150 days before cruise departure. I'm sure there would be cancellation fees for that too.

Was worth a try.

Liliny ;D

Liliny - if your TA is going to charge you cancellation fees - you know what that means!!! NEW TA:D

Just to clarify - you would have to cancel your booking and rebook which can only be done outside the 150 day period (75 if booked through a US agent). The risk of course (minimal) is that you would lose your chosen cabin. You don't have to have booked directly with RCI - you can have booked through your (local) TA and as I said before - if your TA is going to charge you cancellation fees, you need a new one.

Can I suggest you ring your TA. On your invoice, does it show cancellation fees? Most TAs will have that on their invoice anyway but a TA who wants repeat business won't charge it.

Cheers

Di

Have you thought about going up a cabin category? For example if you have a JS move up to a GS and so forth.

When final payment is made they will have a better idea of availability & its easier for them to sell the cheaper cabins than the more expensive at the last minute.

Try & move up I'm sure they will be happy to take your money & you can enjoy the benefits of a higher category cabin

Hey Di,

I went through my T/A conditions, the agent goes through another agent that's like a portal to an unknown dimension that books our cruise. Within those conditions if we cancel, we have to pay $165 pp for cancellation fees.

Btw the actual agent I have spoken to face to face, tried to rip me off an extra $100. I told him the costs of those tickets do not match up to the rcis.

Yeah why did I continue to book...ni. First time holi..felt a tad insecure.

Thank you soo much for your feedback/help ;D I think I'll go in and see the T/A on Saturday.

In regards to losing my cabin, I somehow think I like where we're situated.

Hey Elisef,

That's a pretty cool idea, if only I had the extra cash to up it. I'm only in a balcony.

Thank you anyway ;D

Cheers all Liliny ;D

Have you thought about going up a cabin category? For example if you have a JS move up to a GS and so forth.

When final payment is made they will have a better idea of availability & its easier for them to sell the cheaper cabins than the more expensive at the last minute.

Try & move up I'm sure they will be happy to take your money & you can enjoy the benefits of a higher category cabin

I think you will find if the she moves up a category, because she is already booked, they will hit her for the original price of the suite, or the price of the suite at the time of her original booking. She would have to cancel and rebook to get today's price.

Which Voyager cruise and what sort of suite are you talking about because there are a few out there with plenty of suites available - it is also possible you may get an upgrade, although you can't rely on that.

Quite frankly, we had an OS on the Voyager and although it was a nice suite, the noise from above was horrid - a lot of the GS and JS suites have the same problem (pool deck above) and the Concierge Lounge is awful - it's an inside lounge.

Oops I see our posts have overidden each other.

At least you have learned a lesson - this is a very good place to get advice and information as I'm sure you'll find out.

Cheers

Di

No, no cancellation fees when direct through RCL - aside from meeting the cut-off dates and loss of deposit within that.

No, no cancellation fees when direct through RCL - aside from meeting the cut-off dates and loss of deposit within that.

I think the lady at RCI was referring to the TA possibly charging cancellation fees. If she was indeed inferring that RCI would charge a cancellation fee then her name should be given to a Team Leader.

Cheers

Di

Was worth a try.

Liliny ;D

To clarify, I was guessing there would be a fee.

Sorry about that.

Liliny ;D

Archived