Oasis of the Seas Photo Review ~ October 12, 2013

Cupcrazy

Napoli is the kid of one of our recently retired lieutenants so were kinda pulling for Boston here at the station.

I don't think anyone in Toronto wants Boston to win because of how John Farrell left the team. Go Cards!

The Cantilevered Whirlpools on deck 15 forward outside of the Solarium.....

are these for adults only? are they open in the evenings?

Thanks

I don't believe I saw any signage saying adults only. The 16+ is for the Solarium and these are just outside of that area.

They are open all night unless closed for cleaning. A couple of the ladies in my group went up at 4am to watch the sunrise. They said it was a pretty cool experience.

After taking some time to walk around the ship it was time for the Muster Drill. The drill began at 4:30. Our Muster station was in Studio B on deck 4. You will find your station on your Sea Pass Card, mine was E3. It is also on the back of your stateroom door. I like how RCCL executes the drill. Everyone goes to their respective stations where you can sit, relax and a 10 minute video is played. You don't need to being a life jacket with you, nor do you need to get up and try it on. The whole drill is about 20 minutes and is all in English. They then cram all of that 20 minutes into about 20 seconds in 6 other languages.

After the drill it was time to head up top for sail away. We were the only ship in port that day as most others were still in the Mediterranean. That was too bad, as I like seeing other ships and was looking forward to seeing how much bigger Oasis is than every other ship.

IMG_0657_zps2cd1bf9e.jpg

IMG_0658_zpsc51fe2a2.jpg

IMG_0708_zpsa1f7bf93.jpg

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six. Home to the Ft. Lauderdale Webcam

IMG_0706_zps8c4cf3e4.jpg

I always love how the small US Coast Guard boats have machine guns on the bow

IMG_0709_zps738e47eb.jpg

IMG_0705_zps950ff5a7.jpg

Everybody always takes a picture of this house and puts it in their review with the caption "My future house." So here it is...

IMG_0710_zps0c3d39cc.jpg

This has always been my favourite house along the inlet. It has a Flowrider on the right side

IMG_0711_zpsc304fd71.jpg

I wonder how this guy felt Paddle Boarding next to a gigantic ship

IMG_0712_zpsf7ab4ec1.jpg

This condo is home to the Port Everglades Webcam

IMG_0715_zps55ff06e1.jpg

You can see the webcam hanging from the top of the 3rd floor balcony on the very left.

IMG_0714_zpsbcaf2010.jpg

IMG_0716_zpsa84e1d19.jpg

IMG_0724_zps23c97d8e.jpg

IMG_0725_zps3e3d677d.jpg

When we got back to our cabins Keston had opened up the partition between each balcony. This gave us all what seemed to be a really big balcony. It worked against us though when Aaron would come pounding on our door at 8am. Oy!

IMG_0729_zpscf71e530.jpg

Because we had a late lunch nobody was hungry for dinner, so we decided to stay in our room and watch the sunset. We all ordered something from room service. I had the turkey & swiss cheese panini and spinach & artichoke Dip. Dave had the caesar salad. I completely forgot to take a picture of the room service menu so I am borrowing this one from CC member NorbertsNiece. The food was good, not great.

IMG_0229.jpg

Sun setting over Miami

IMG_0730_zpsa17c339b.jpg

We Popped open a bottle of wine to enjoy watching our first sunset on board.

IMG-20131012-01193_zpsf3e70e20.jpg

Really great thread. Very informative. Thanks you :D

Thanks!

Fantastic review so far!

Thank you!

Cup you have put a lot into this review thanks for a lot of great pics. Hope we can cruise together someday soon.

PARTY ON

Thanks! We had a great time

Loving this detailed review. Keep it coming.

Thank you!

Love your review and pictures,we are going on Oasis in May.So glad that you took the time to do this. Diane:)

Thanks Diane! You're going to love this ship

I have 15 months until our winter escape on Allure. Thanks for all of the info and pictures.

Oy, 15 months! Hopefully this review can help pass the time for you

Edited by Cupcrazy

Can't wait to board. We leave in two months and are staying in the same room as one of your friends. Were the rooms quiet? They look like a great location. But, I think being on a cruise is the most important thing. I can have fun anywhere. Thank you again! Can't wait to try out Giovanni's and some of the other food options. I appreciate seeing the menu's.

Thank you for your review. We will be boarding the Oasis on Dec 7. Looking forward to experiencing the ship ourselves. Keep those pictures coming, they are great.

Thanks!

Can't wait to board. We leave in two months and are staying in the same room as one of your friends. Were the rooms quiet? They look like a great location. But, I think being on a cruise is the most important thing. I can have fun anywhere. Thank you again! Can't wait to try out Giovanni's and some of the other food options. I appreciate seeing the menu's.

The rooms were great, very quiet. We booked the same rooms on Allure next year. You're going to love all of the food options.

Just got off Oasis 10/19-10/26 Eastern run. Great ship,crew food and entertainment. Only seemed crowded after muster drill and right after leaving St Thomas and St Maarten the Windjammer and Wipeout Cafe were packed. Several shows are really good and do not require reservations such as a afternoon diving show at the Aqua theater and a broadway show tunes concert by cast members from Hairspray in the Crown Viking Lounge.

Nassau- Did ship snorkeling boat tour with Oasis and RCI Majesty passengers. Reef had nice color and lots of fish but also lots of dual finned people in the H20.

St. Thomas- Took cab to Coki Beach and then to Sapphire Beach for snorkeling. Both scenic spots with decent off the beach snorkeling.

St. Maarten- Took Bernard tour #2 with about a 1 1/2 beach break at the La Playa Beach Club on Orient Beach and then on to Marigot and finally to Sunset Beach bar on Maho Beach by the airport. Only jumbo jet that day (Air France A-340) was already at the gate when we got there. Tour ended back at the dock at 3:30 for a 4:30 all aboard. Seemed to leave a few people behind who got to the dock as the ship pulled away. Lots of traffic around airport and Simpson Bay area so give your self lots of time to get back to dock.

Edited by rcipilot
spelling

We had reservations for the 8:45pm showing of Hairspray in Opal Theatre, deck 3, 4 & 5 forward (Only accessible from decks 4 & 5). This was by far the best show I have ever seen on a cruise. There was a funny moment when one of the female dancers lost her wig. She was very professional about it though, as she kept on dancing. Whoops!

IMG_0734_zps12d95319.jpg

This woman was trying to save 8 seats in a row right in the centre and the 6th row. I guess she missed the memo about not saving seats. People kept trying to sit there and she would say they are saved. Felicia was trying to get people to just sit there. It was pretty funny. Eventually only 2 people came and she gave up the other seats. All that for nothing? Ugh! If you're on Cruise Critic you've been caught!!!

IMG_0736_zps94582ad5.jpg

After the show I went for a walk around the ship.

IMG_0737_zps1b58a4f6.jpg

IMG_0739_zps9d57bfe3.jpg

This Shuffle Board Court is behind the Aqua Theatre screen on the starboard side. I didn't look to see if there was one on the port side too. I guess if you want to play you have to move to diving board out of the way?

IMG_0740_zps99aa2097.jpg

IMG_0744_zps8c1a4b3e.jpg

Deck 5 aft. During the day this is a really nice view and is usually very quiet. The jogging track wraps around deck 5.

IMG_0745_zps29259d8b.jpg

IMG_0743_zpsfec61368.jpg

Remember what I said earlier about the attention to detail and thinking about the little things? The signage is great.

IMG_0746_zps5d032600.jpg

IMG_0748_zpsbe0fbe2e.jpg

IMG_0749_zps97ece381.jpg

I didn't realize until debarkation that this is where you embark the ship. Welcome to Royal Caribbean

IMG_0754_zps60dd478c.jpg

There is an entrance to the jogging track directly from the Fitness Centre. If you look at the far right of this picture you'll see it says FITNESS CENTER on the wall. That's the entrance. There are a few stairs but hey, you're working out anyway right?

IMG_0759_zps3b0e2246.jpg

IMG_0747_zps1da0d5bc.jpg

IMG_0756_zps0bc84490.jpg

IMG_0762_zps1c724379.jpg

IMG_0761_zpsfabd547a.jpg

The lifeboats are hanging off this deck too. The Crew Chute

IMG_0753_zps7b888a9c.jpg