2 weeks before sailing, sudden unpaid balance & RCI threaten to cancel cruise

I'm glad that I'm not working in their accounting department today! :eek: I think they have a serious mess on their hands.

Actually the customer service reps are probably the ones taking the beating. Those guys in accounting work behind a wall and have no contact with the consumer. They don't even have direct communications with the CS reps.

orville, we have 3 cruises on the books, the March 19 , 13 NZ cruise which was paid in full earlier this month ( Dec 27th final payment ) April 10th 2014 Transpacific ( Final pymt Feb 4, 2014) & April 27th 12 Day Hawaii ( Finaly Pymt Jan 18th 2014 ) I have already received my invoice from my TA on our NZ cruise. I will check with my TA today to make sure my present invoices on all cruises are matching what I have on file. She sends me an update whenever I make a payment toward one of the cruises and I presently have the currant invoices. I actually had her verify all balances earlier but this was before many of you reported the problem.

It is amazing how RCI has people as paranoid as the IRS does about running afoul of payment deadlines. It would be interesting to see what recourse folks had if RCI did cancel cruises on people who had paid off their balances. Of course, no one wants to risk that happening when it comes to his/her vacation. But considering the reputation of RCI's IT department I would think that this should be causing A.G. a little loss of sleep at night.

This is another reason I prefer to use our TA, she makes sure our bookings are in order and we have no problems. She informed me that they as the Travel Agent, are caught up in the middle of RCCL putting in a new system thus glitches occur and to ignore the Web site for the time being. Our bookings are in good standing.

I've had the opposite (sort of) experience with this website update. I don't know how, and perhaps I'm reading the statement incorrectly, but I now show $500 OBC posted to my upcoming cruise (next week). I had asked for $400 to be applied from RC Rewards points. I called RC Visa because I had lost that card and wanted to have it replaced... so while on the phone, they transferred me to the Rewards folks who kindly took care of that OBC over the phone. The Rewards dept. told me that it would appear as two separate OBC's: One for $75/person, and another for $125/person, for a total of $200/person. I called RC a month or so ago, and confirmed that I did have $400 (total) OBC and it had been applied just as the Rewards folks said it would. I requested a confirmation email of that but never received one. I got busy and didn't think anything else of it until I started reading about all the glitches with the website upgrade.

Today I decided to call RC to verify (once again) what OBC they show for my upcoming cruise (Oasis, 11/9/13). Plus, I thought it best to have a printout of my paid reservation and my OBC with me when we board. When I called today, the RC rep said she could see $400 in OBC: one OBC of $75/person and a second OBC of $125/person. She said she'd be happy to send me an email for my records. We hung up, and a few minutes later, the email came thru. But instead of $400 OBC, it shows $500 total.

1st OBC line lists $125/person, 2nd OBC line ALSO lists $125/person. So somehow I've gained another $50/person in OBC. I don't understand how she was able to see $75/person, but when I received the confirmation, it read $125/person.

In any case, I'm almost afraid to call back and ask them to check on it because they may wipe it out completely! :eek: My guess is that it'll correct itself before we sail. I'm not trying to cheat the system mind you. We actually had enough points for an additional $100 in OBC. We just didn't think we'd use that much so didn't ask for any more to be applied. And since then, we have switched to a different rewards card, so I don't know that we will ever use those excess RC Rewards points. I guess I'll wait and see what happens, but at least I do have a confirmation email from RC showing that we have OBC available to use.

cruiserke;40473971']My cruise on the Allure' date=' which leaves next week Sunday and has been paid in full since August, now suddenly shows an unpaid balance of €2.10.

I wasn't worrying, after having read another thread on CC that other peole have noticed the same after this weekend's site upgrade, but now I just received a mail from RCI that if I don't pay up in 48 hours, my cruise is in jeopardy of being cancelled . Here's the mail in full:"

[i']Greetings from Royal Caribbean:[/i]

Your vacation experience is less than 2 months away. This is a friendly reminder that you have a balance due on your upcoming cruise. You can either pay it on our website at www.royalcaribbean.com or you can call our office in the USA (305) 341-0204. If we do not receive your payment in the next 48 hours, your reservation is in jeopardy of being cancelled

Very bad show! I'll give them a call later today, which is not cheap either as I'm in Europe, so the call may cost more than the €2.10 balance due they claim I have, but I'm not just going to pay up!

Sounds like an automatically generated email.

Wow this looks like a big glitch in their system somewhere. I have no way to check our paid in full cruise for March as it is thru our TA. I would hate for us to arrive in Sydney and find a balance awaits us.:eek:

I called my TA, and she requested new receipts on all our cruises. I always insist on a receipt with a zero balance before sailing.

I'm just going to let them work it out. Online, we have an outstanding balance of $6.30. Cruise is in December, final payment was in September with $0 balance....they will figure it out.

I just added a little more Visa OBC, and I will request a final invoice a few weeks before we sail.

Others said they called and had the small charge removed. They are probably inundated with phone calls. :)

Archived