Celebrity drink packages

sonomawiner

Booked on the Celebrity Eclipse for the 2/22/14 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise. We're trying to decide if the prepaid drink packages are worthwhile. Any input on the per drink costs without the package will help. We enjoy good wine and spirits.

Booked on the Celebrity Eclipse for the 2/22/14 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise. We're trying to decide if the prepaid drink packages are worthwhile. Any input on the per drink costs without the package will help. We enjoy good wine and spirits.

Depending on what you are drinking and the cost of the package, you usually have to consume 6-8 alcoholic beverages each day (this includes port days).

• 2 weeks later...

WE always get the premium package. Yes, it costs more, but the peace of mind is SO worth it. It includes all premium beverages, bottled water, gourmet coffees, sodas, smoothies, most wines by the glass, martinis from the martini bar and cocktails from the Molecular Bar.

Attached is the most recent drinks calculator. Hope this helps!!

Drink Calculator.xls

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed the Summit in July. Bought the drink package and Celebrity lost money on us. Besides alcohol it includes specialty coffees and bottled water. Great deal. The extra buns is you don't have to constantly sign the slips

WE always get the premium package. Yes, it costs more, but the peace of mind is SO worth it. It includes all premium beverages, bottled water, gourmet coffees, sodas, smoothies, most wines by the glass, martinis from the martini bar and cocktails from the Molecular Bar.

[ATTACH]292256[/ATTACH]

The Drink Calculator is great! Thanks.

• 1 month later...

We do not even drink alcohol and this package was great. Granted the package came free as a perk. We were spoiled on specialty coffees, teas, frozen drinks (non alcohol) and even soda pop! Loved it! Just wish all cruise lines offered this.

We do not even drink alcohol and this package was great. Granted the package came free as a perk. We were spoiled on specialty coffees, teas, frozen drinks (non alcohol) and even soda pop! Loved it! Just wish all cruise lines offered this.

If on your next trip, you don't get the package for free, consider the Premium Non-Alcoholic package. It gives you all the non-alcoholic drinks you got, plus some premium sparkling water, for about $18/day.

• 1 month later...
What is the currency in the beverage calculator? I live in Australia so do I have to covert it. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Check with Celebrity for exchange rates. Whilst I live in NZ I paid for my upcoming cruise through an Australian travel agent in Aussie dollars. What I have found out since is that if one buys OBC through the Aussie Celebrity office they will do a $A1 =$1US exchange rate. I don't think they have change the rate since the $A was worth more than the $US. With the high $NZ against the $A at the moment I am well ahead of the 8 ball.

When calculating a rough estimate in USD for the different packages - it seems like you get your money's worth when you drink 4 or more items a day. For example, if you regularly want to have some type of nicer drink/wine/soda/specialty coffee/bottled water with every meal/show/by the pool/after a port/before bed - it probably is worth it. There are differences in prices between each package so it really is a matter of figuring out what will cover you best.

I used to do the soda package because I drank a lot of soda, and yes, that sometimes meant even drinking more than 1 soda at a meal since it was by the can. I also found myself buying a bottled water (or two) but usually not more than 4 total on a trip. I don't do alcohol and rarely drink juices. The soda package was fine even with the cost of a few extra bottles of water because those weren't daily.

However, I gave up soda in the past 9 months. I'm still trying to figure out if a package is worth it now. I drink coffee but I didn't drink it during the past cruises so I never got a chance to evaluate the "free" coffee on the ship. Otherwise, it is water with most meals. Bottled water is nice but tap on the ship was fine. I still don't drink alcohol. Would I really drink 4 or more coffees/bottled waters a day? Decisions, decisions... :confused:

[ATTACH]292256[/ATTACH]

Thanks this is helpful! :)

• 8 months later...
Can I buy daily packages for just sea days once I get on the ship?

No. The package cannot be purchased for "sea days only". It is for

every day and yes, you may purchase it after you board the ship.

Thanks. I was hoping to buy them daily since I will only drink enough to compensate on sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which is exactly what Celebrity counts on:). Folks, if these packages didn't make money for the cruise line they would not offer them. Some people of course do save money on the deal. For most, I think it is a matter of convenience, and the fun of being able to 'test run' a bunch of different kinds of drinks you might not normally order. If you have a lot of port days, then unless you are a fairly heavy drinker (of whatever type - alcohol or not) then you are probably better off - financially speaking - to pay per drink.