Viking and United pre-reserved seats

smeyer418

Hello all. We are traveling on the Viking Njord on United flights operated by others. I tried to pre-reserve seats and I couldn't on the United site but I could when I called the airlines actually operating the JFK flights(Lufthansa and Austrian). Also on the United site says that all the flights have no meals. This isn't correct. The JFK flights do serve meals even in steerage.

We are on the November 9 cruise any one else joining us.

Also for those who have taken this river cruise before were ATM's readily available at the arriving flights airports and in towns or should I pre buy them here?

Thanks all

ATM's are available at airports as well as in most towns that you will visit. Some folks like to have euro's when they arrive so they don't need to search for the machines.

Your United flight is probably a Lufthansa plane. Your flight # s/b on your booking itinerary. You can use it to sign in to Luf and pick your seats. If you have a problem, call them.

We are flying Bos-Zurich-Nuremberg on Swiss Air and back to Bos from Frankfurt booked through United but on a Lufthansa flight.

We are flying from Newark to Munich on Lufthansa and it says we have a snack only. We depart at 8:30 p.m. That would be a long flight with just a snack. Have you done this flight before? We do have our seat assignments.

Thanks for any advice.

We are flying from Newark to Munich on Lufthansa and it says we have a snack only. We depart at 8:30 p.m.

No, you will get a meal and then breakfast/snack shortly before arrival.

Go to checkmytrip.com and enter your last name and LH confirmation number, and it will pull up your trip details.

I've observed United tends to hold back seats for premium prices, as you get closer to your flight time, seats may be released or you'll be assigned at the airport. For return flights within the EU, you may not be assigned seats until you arrive at the airport -- however your transatlantic flights should all have assigned seats.

We were on United last month, and I asked the gate agent about meals --as it's not evident on their websites. It's also good to know that on Lufthansa alcoholic drinks are complementary.

I'll have to look into the check my trip website. I didn't know about that one!

Archived