Yes/ No - Steakhouse!

purplemusik

Steakhouse worth it?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Steakhouse worth it?

• Yes- totally worth it - even just for the experience
    • No- If you don't know the difference- why waste the $

Cruise food is not that gourmet, but it is okay. The steakhouse therefore is not in our plans, never has been. I don't pay 35.00 for a meal at any local restaurant, in fact, can't recall in 50 years I have ever paid that much for a meal? Since I save and save for a year or two to afford a cruise, I am not about to dump 35 bucks for a meal?

Maybe just my morals, I am a big drinker and in 3 cruises have never "bought" a drink, just can't get my head around paying more than 4 bucks for a freakin beer or drink?

You are on vacation! IF there was ever a time to loosen up the purse strings and live a little, that would be it.

:D

Not meant to be an insult, but I think you would enjoy yourself a lot more if you budgeted a few hundred more dollars to be able to splurge on treating yourself to an overpriced drink and a steak dinner.

We've eaten in the steakhouses at least once on every cruise (Legend, Freedom, Conquest). On the Freedom, we went twice the combination of service and food were so good!

There are other entrees on the menu so one shouldn't worry about not being a steak eater....and it's not all about the food - it's the experience of the service and food. Quieter than the MDR, much less crowded.

If you go on the first night, you'll get a "free" bottle of wine - no selection other than "Red or White".

Filet mignon and lobster tail:

IMG_1485_zps14203bfa.jpg

You are on vacation! IF there was ever a time to loosen up the purse strings and live a little, that would be it.

:D

Not meant to be an insult, but I think you would enjoy yourself a lot more if you budgeted a few hundred more dollars to be able to splurge on treating yourself to an overpriced drink and a steak dinner.

No desire to "splurge" on what we don't value. I guess if I do this, I'd better go zip lining or do the ropes too.:)

No desire to "splurge" on what we don't value. I guess if I do this, I'd better go zip lining or do the ropes too.:)

Good call :)

We do tend to splurge on our cruises and come home with a bunch of junk, typically pictures, that never see the light of day after we get back home.

We went once and will not go again. My husband had the surf and turf and liked it. I probably had the one everyone is talking about as it was bad. It was not unedible but its one of those things where it makes me not want to spend money on steak again for awhile. The little tastes they bring you should be both for each, its strange to have diff ones and try to share. If you do go you my as well go on the first night for the free wine. Better than nothing and if you don't finish you can take it with you.

Going on the Dream in Feb. and a few of us were thinking of doing the Steakhouse. My Mom is a HUGE steak person but my sister and I ( the two who would be going with her ) enjoy the main dining room options just fine. We wanted to try the steakhouse because I've only seen GREAT reviews. So, if I'm not a huge steak person ( I enjoy it but can't tell a difference in different cuts/ etc ) would it be worth it?

I voted No. From our experience, your Mom will probably enjoy it while you and your sister will wonder why you spent the money.

For starters, it's slow. Plan on spending two to two and a half hours in there. Plan on having a server come by every two minutes asking how you like whatever it was that they just put on the table. Plan on having the chef come up with some strange looking thing for you to try. Personally it looked like weeds on a bent spoon to me. I felt embarrassed because I didn't even know how to go about eating it.

Yes, the servings are huge. Did we really need that much food - No. Were we impressed - No.

The best answer is to give it a try for yourselves and then you'll know for sure if you feel it's worth it or not.

I did not vote because I think it is personal preference.

To me, I would never pay for it because I just do not eat that much.

I do not even get entrees in the Main Dining Room...I eat a couple of appetizers.

We did use all 4 Diamond free dinners...hubby took his Mom or our son.

Simple answer is yes. It's a great meal and I don't care land or sea it's one of the best meals that I've ever had. I also enjoy the main dinning room but the steakhouse is something I miss when I cruise on a ship that doesn't have one. People have different ways that they like to spend their money. I would much rather eat at the steakhouse than play bingo a couple of times. go and enjoy!

So that extra $5.00 put it out of the ball park for you? :(

It did for us. We've been many times in the past and enjoyed it. We also have our comfort level and $35 is more than we're willing to pay. The fact that we can well afford the $35 is irrelevant. The reason we can afford to cruise for around a month every year, is we watch the small things and to us, it's just not worth it.

Celebrity raised their premium restaurant to $45 each. We don't do that either :eek:

The key word there is US. We're all different. :)

Archived