Child Care on NCL Breakaway

Nikkimouse76

Hello All,

My family and I (3 children ages 7, 5, and 4) will be setting sail on the Norwegian Breakaway on Dec 1. My husband and I have not cruised since we were young and carefree, you know, the times where we did not even consider child care :). I am curious about the child care program on board, "The Splash Academy". Does anyone have any opinions, and or tips they care to share? Does the staff in the academy go through any type of background check? This will be my 6th or 7th cruise, however the last cruise I set sail on a cruise was in 2005, and cruising back then was much different than it is now, at least from what I have read. I look forward to your responses!

Thanks so much in advance.

the crew in the splash academy is very well trained and have had background checks. Most are well educated in early childhood education and some have degrees in it. I am a ver overprotective grandma and I had no problems with leaving my granddaughters in the program. The oly problem I had was getting them to leave!

my daughter is 3 years old, and she had an incredible time in the splash academy. me and my wife were concerned about dropping scarlett off with strangers, and were really impressed by the daily agenda, and the enthusiasm of the staff. the trip was capped off with a show consisting of all of the kids in splash academy, which took place in the breakaway theater. highly recommended.

my daughter is 3 years old, and she had an incredible time in the splash academy. me and my wife were concerned about dropping scarlett off with strangers, and were really impressed by the daily agenda, and the enthusiasm of the staff. the trip was capped off with a show consisting of all of the kids in splash academy, which took place in the breakaway theater. highly recommended.

My son is also 3. It generally takes him a bit to warm up to new faces. Are they pretty good about engaging children that are a little hesitant? It has been years since we've used the kids club and my girls were far more outgoing (like most, couldn't get them out of there) so it wasn't really an issue. I know my girls used to start bugging us when we were eating breakfast about when the club opened so they could go! Hoping that their little brother will take to it as well as they did.

Splash Academy was great!! My girls and my friends boys loved it! They do so much and the show on the last day is awesome--so cute--They do alot of activities and our kids stayed late night every night until 12:30-1am! The family night that they do face paintining they do great jobs!

We also tipped the staff since our kids went late night.

All kids are different but this was our second cruise and they enjoyed both kids clubs!

:) 77 days to go!!

Kerri Ann

NCL Breakaway Sept. 2013 Bermuda

NCL Star April 2012 2 night to NoWhere

NCL Jewel Oct. 2011 Bahamas/Florida

NCL Gem Feb. 2011 1 night to Nowhere

Disney May 2002 Bahamas

Princess Aug. 1987

Archived