Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

Since we are all still having issues with the X website and since the other thread saying the site is up is no longer accurate, I thought we should start a thread of the issues to better inform the X IT staff of what needs fixing.

Today, I still cannot do anything with my reservations other than get to the front page. When I attempt to drill down and check out shore excursions nothing happens. Nor can I access any other function such as on-line checkin, dining, etc. clicking on the buttons does nothing. Fortunately, I had already checked in before this debacle started.

I try to avoid that website as much as possible. I try not to pre-purchase anything. Try not to go with Celebrity excursions. Once I get my boarding pass printed and order my luggage tags I just breathe a sigh of relief. Often it takes trying 3 or 4 browsers to accomplish that (Safari, IE, Chrome and Firefox.) it shouldn't be this hard.

No online-check in possible - but we'll be leaving in 3 weeks time - so hopefully they'll have fixed the website by then? Not sure, though... But I have got my e-docs sent by the Celebrity office as a back-up.

When trying to view my reservations I still got different prices for the one I booked direct with Celebrity: 350 $ , 798 $ and 3.775 €uros - the most interesting thing is that I have already paid for that cruise in full. And neither amount was the correct one ... :eek:

They seem to have thrown me out of the Capatin's Club - it says: invalid loyalty number.:confused:

I stopped then , closed my "My Celebrity" account and have not tried yet to access shore excursions to find out which ones to book.

I've been trying to register for the Cruise Critic Connections party and keep getting an error message that my booking number can't be located.

If it contrinues to be down prior to your cruise just go to Guest Relations and ask for the location and time of the CC party. They want you to register so they have some idea of the size of the group so they know what venue to use.

Appears that nothing beyond the Reservations page is working. Perhaps all the "experts"are tied up with problems on another web site.

The only thing I have not been able to do is register for a connections party. Everything else I tried seems to be working.

The web site does have the higher gratuities listed and shows that I owe $11 on my next cruise. I called the captains club earlier this week and their internal system has the correct amount for both of our cruises. The notes on our Alaska cruise regarding an onboard credit are still in their system too.

Mary Lou

If it contrinues to be down prior to your cruise just go to Guest Relations and ask for the location and time of the CC party. They want you to register so they have some idea of the size of the group so they know what venue to use.

Appears that nothing beyond the Reservations page is working. Perhaps all the "experts"are tied up with problems on another web site.

Good call and thanks for the tip. I figured I'd be able to take care of it on board, despite the warning that it might not be possible.

We should all be grateful that the Celebrity website remains balky, inconsistent, annoying, intermittent, difficult to navigate when using and down much of the time.

The shock of having it all work smoothly and correctly would probably kill me.

;):p;)

When I tried to sign up for connections party:

Your application has generated an error

Please fix the issue before it has been released to production.

Request that failed: /cruisecritic/setParty.do

JSP that failed: /WEB-INF/jsp/layouts/global/BookingAmendStandardLayout.jsp

Status code: 500

Exception: com.ibm.websphere.servlet.error.ServletErrorReport: ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/includes/cruisecritic/CruiseCriticGuestInfoForm.jsp': null

Stack Trace: org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:927)

org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:465)

com.ibm._jsp._BookingAmendStandardLayout._jspx_meth_tiles_insert_9(_BookingAmendStandardLayout.java:2166)

com.ibm._jsp._BookingAmendStandardLayout._jspx_meth_c_if_10(_BookingAmendStandardLayout.java:2195)

com.ibm._jsp._BookingAmendStandardLayout._jspService(_BookingAmendStandardLayout.java:1055)

com.ibm.ws.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:99)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:668)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1188)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:763)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:454)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:178)

com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.servlet.GenericServletWrapper.handleRequest(GenericServletWrapper.java:122)

com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionServletWrapper.handleRequest(AbstractJSPExtensionServletWrapper.java:205)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.invokeTarget(WebAppFilterChain.java:125)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:92)

org.apache.logging.log4j.core.web.Log4jServletFilter.doFilter(Log4jServletFilter.java:59)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:192)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:89)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:919)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:1016)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:1384)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:193)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1083)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:295)

com.celebrity.tiles.TimingTilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TimingTilesRequestProcessor.java:75)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(TilesRequestProcessor.java:271)

com.celebrity.tiles.TimingTilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(TimingTilesRequestProcessor.java:57)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:332)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:232)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:462)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1188)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:763)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:454)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:178)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.invokeTarget(WebAppFilterChain.java:125)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:92)

org.apache.logging.log4j.core.web.Log4jServletFilter.doFilter(Log4jServletFilter.java:59)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:192)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:89)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:919)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:1016)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:1384)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:193)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:295)

com.celebrity.tiles.TimingTilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TimingTilesRequestProcessor.java:75)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:396)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:347)

com.celebrity.filter.timing.AbstractTimingFilter.doFilter(AbstractTimingFilter.java:33)

com.celebrity.filter.timing.TimingFilter4SecThreshold.doFilter(TimingFilter4SecThreshold.java:25)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor319.invoke(Unknown Source)

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)

java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)

org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)

org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:80)

org.perf4j.aop.AbstractTimingAspect$1.proceed(AbstractTimingAspect.java:47)

org.perf4j.aop.AgnosticTimingAspect.runProfiledMethod(AgnosticTimingAspect.java:44)

org.perf4j.aop.AbstractTimingAspect.doPerfLogging(AbstractTimingAspect.java:45)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor318.invoke(Unknown Source)

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)

org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:621)

org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:610)

org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:65)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:161)

org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:91)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)

$Proxy230.doFilter(Unknown Source)

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:343)

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:260)

com.celebrity.filter.CookiePolicyFilter.doFilter(CookiePolicyFilter.java:38)

com.celebrity.filter.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:56)

com.celebrity.filter.ClickAndEditFilter.doFilter(ClickAndEditFilter.java:34)

com.celebrity.filter.ChinaFilter.doFilter(ChinaFilter.java:62)

com.celebrity.http.xss.XSSFilter.doFilter(XSSFilter.java:59)

org.apache.logging.log4j.core.web.Log4jServletFilter.doFilter(Log4jServletFilter.java:66)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3703)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:304)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:962)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1662)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:195)

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:452)

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:511)

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:305)

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:83)

com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)

com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)

com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)

com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)

com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)

com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)

com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)

com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1659)

Exception: com.ibm.websphere.servlet.error.ServletErrorReport: ServletException in '/WEB-INF/jsp/includes/cruisecritic/CruiseCriticGuestInfoForm.jsp': null

Stack Trace: org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:927)

org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:465)

com.ibm._jsp._BookingAmendStandardLayout._jspx_meth_tiles_insert_9(_BookingAmendStandardLayout.java:2166)

com.ibm._jsp._BookingAmendStandardLayout._jspx_meth_c_if_10(_BookingAmendStandardLayout.java:2195)

com.ibm._jsp._BookingAmendStandardLayout._jspService(_BookingAmendStandardLayout.java:1055)

com.ibm.ws.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:99)

com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.servlet.GenericServletWrapper.handleRequest(GenericServletWrapper.java:122)

com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionServletWrapper.handleRequest(AbstractJSPExtensionServletWrapper.java:205)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(TilesRequestProcessor.java:271)

com.celebrity.tiles.TimingTilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(TimingTilesRequestProcessor.java:57)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:332)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:396)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:347)

com.celebrity.filter.timing.AbstractTimingFilter.doFilter(AbstractTimingFilter.java:33)

com.celebrity.filter.timing.TimingFilter4SecThreshold.doFilter(TimingFilter4SecThreshold.java:25)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor319.invoke(Unknown Source)

org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)

org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:80)

org.perf4j.aop.AbstractTimingAspect$1.proceed(AbstractTimingAspect.java:47)

org.perf4j.aop.AgnosticTimingAspect.runProfiledMethod(AgnosticTimingAspect.java:44)

org.perf4j.aop.AbstractTimingAspect.doPerfLogging(AbstractTimingAspect.java:45)

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor318.invoke(Unknown Source)

org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:621)

org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:610)

org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:65)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:161)

org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:91)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)

$Proxy230.doFilter(Unknown Source)

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:343)

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:260)

com.celebrity.filter.CookiePolicyFilter.doFilter(CookiePolicyFilter.java:38)

com.celebrity.filter.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:56)

com.celebrity.filter.ClickAndEditFilter.doFilter(ClickAndEditFilter.java:34)

com.celebrity.filter.ChinaFilter.doFilter(ChinaFilter.java:62)

com.celebrity.http.xss.XSSFilter.doFilter(XSSFilter.java:59)

org.apache.logging.log4j.core.web.Log4jServletFilter.doFilter(Log4jServletFilter.java:66)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3703)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:304)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:962)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1662)

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:195)

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:452)

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:511)

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:305)

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:83)

com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)

com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)

com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)

com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)

com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)

com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)

com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)

com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1659)

Why are you complaining? Just fix it! :)

Plus all the other STUFF>>>>

I am getting the exact same error.

Plus when I try to print my luggage tags, it says something to the effect of "Sorry, that function isn't working, try again later".

:eek:

Since we are all still having issues with the X website and since the other thread saying the site is up is no longer accurate, I thought we should start a thread of the issues to better inform the X IT staff of what needs fixing.

Today, I still cannot do anything with my reservations other than get to the front page. When I attempt to drill down and check out shore excursions nothing happens. Nor can I access any other function such as on-line checkin, dining, etc. clicking on the buttons does nothing. Fortunately, I had already checked in before this debacle started.

Web Site is still showing "Site Under Maintenance". This has lasted about 7 days, and I still cannot complete my Cruise details. Come on Celebrity - get your act together.

Earlier today I got error message for whole site now under maintenance, I sail 7 weeks Saturday. I have e-mail UK Customer Services and they have advise IT Department, hope better they my work one as our IT fault reporting system is inop it has a defect for at least three weeks.

Communication is not one of RCCL's strong points. There should a message on each of their websites apologizing for the cluster and asking everyone to bear with them while they work to correct the site. A little thinking and action on their part would go a long way in helping people who have no idea about the upgrade.

Web Site is still showing "Site Under Maintenance". This has lasted about 7 days, and I still cannot complete my Cruise details. Come on Celebrity - get your act together.

Probably never as far as Celebrity's ability to fix their website. 7 Days is nothing in the case of Celebrity's website.

Why do I say that? Well, back on September 1st in 2010 poster Fixit2010 started a thread titled "Petition - Celebrity - Sort out your web sites.

On that same September 1st I posted the following on that thread:

No, wait - leave the website alone Celebrity, please, please, please.

I just love being miserable and frustrated each and every time I need to visit your website.

:confused::(:confused:

For three solid years now (and probably longer) trying to use Celebrity's website has been like a walk on the wild side. One never knew what would work and if it did work for how long.

All one has to do is to search this forum for website to see a long litany of posters frustrated by Celebrity's website. At this point in time I am no longer optimistic that Celebrity will ever get it right when it comes to website architecture and reliability.

:confused::mad::confused:

Yesterday, I was able to get on and complete and print our Xpress Pass for our 1/5/14 sailing. No problems. All my reservations showed up okay. Now everything is hosed. Unable to get to shore excursions or anything else.

I was in softare development of applications before I retired. The standard was that if after testing if there were problems you went to the previous version and didn't launch the new version until all of the bugs were fixed.

This is not the way to run a business.

It sure would be great if celebrity's rep on this board could come on & at least acknowledge that they are aware of ongoing problems.

While my upcoming cruises appear to be in order,I checked prices for one of them, & found that a 2B room is showing at 2700 whereas a CC if going for 1700. I went to an online agency & could book a 2B for 1700. Lord knows how many other sailings show screwed up pricing. It really is a joke.

Perhaps Andy can find out something?

As dodger1964 was kind enough to provide a prompt, I had a look at some of the source code for the new website (it's easy - just right click and select 'view source').

I made an interesting observation; in several places the two pages I had a nose at both featured instructions (presumably from developer to client) for where to add new content 'when there are more captains club levels to choose from' - or words along those lines.

Perhaps that long awaited announcement just got a step closer, now the website is equipped to handle the information??!

Since I'm booked, paid, confirmed and have received my luggage tags for my cruise in 4 weeks I can look at the site with amusement.

My booking appears with the right cabin but the total cost is now stated as $700 on the front page. When I view my reservation the real amount I paid is accurate but the cost is listed as $7 more than what I paid and I now have an amount due of $7.

I decided not to purchase any excursion or addons to avoid having to call and only pay the amount of the add on.

I think the $7 price difference might be a difference in gratuities. As the quoted price for Select gratuities $168 is different than what they quoted in the fare $175. I have no explanation for the $700. LOL.

If $700 is the real price...I want a refund of more than $1800! hahaha!