Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

I've been trying to register for the Cruise Critic Connections party and keep getting an error message that my booking number can't be located.[/quote

:( Celebrity's website is the worst of any cruise line!!!!!!!

Too bad..... there are lots of unemployed web-developers. Get rid of all the glitz (and too much flash) and get back to the basics, get it to work.

I don't understand why everyone is having problems. I just checked my booked cruise in March and saw:

3 different prices

Message telling me my CC # is both wrong and correct.

My login password isn't valid and sometimes works and sometimes not.

I owe money for my cruise but can't make a payment. Does this mean I don't have to pay the balance?

On the positive side, I am pretty sure I can use the X website to sign up for Obamacare.

I hadn't realized that Medicare had branched out and was managing the X website.

Perhaps Andy can find out something?

Hi Richsea,

You know I always try my very best for our community, but I'm sensing that Celebrity does not wish to discuss the website updates. In case Celebrity reads this, I'd be happy to share any updates, should they opt to reach out to me.

Yesterday, we did the online check-in for our upcoming Eclipse sailing. Fortunately, all went smoothly. FWIW, I've logged into the "My Celebrity" module several times over the past few days, while I was experiencing the same pricing issues that others reported, that issue seems much improved. I have not tried to make any online purchases or reservations, though I am receiving "We're Sorry site under maintenance" messages, when clicking on those options.

Let's hope that Celebrity will share an update with us. I'm always available for them, if they contact me.

Edited by Host Andy

I called the Captain's Club yesterday since the website said my loyalty # was incorrect when I tried to access my reservations. Victoria was extremely helpful - she tried several things to try to get me into my reservations, but couldn't work any magic. She apologized profusely and said the website overhaul was the most extensive one ever - she was hopeful it would be up and running by the weekend, but wasn't sure.

She asked what I wanted to do since she was able to access my reservation. I made some dinner reservations through her and she said to feel free to call back with anything I needed to do with my reservations if I still couldn't access them online.

Interestingly, the total cost for my 16 night TA in a sky suite on Reflection is now listed on my reservation as $700. :)

Thank you, Andy. I did think that if you could have, you would have let everyone know if there were any news.

I kind of understand they they would be reluctant to be proactive in keeping their customers informed. They must be pretty embarrassed about this debacle, & I guess that someone will be in very deep doo doo over it. I wonder how much revenue they have lost over this, or maybe they've made additional revenue by selling some of the outrageously overpriced cabins to unsuspecting guests!:eek:

In the spirit of Halloween, I'm scared to check our two 2014 reservations. :rolleyes:

Betsy

Took a deep breath and went to the =X= website to check the status of our two reservations. One seems normal in that I could proceed to check in. The other shows this message: We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later.

Hope they get their act together by April.

Betsy

As I said in the other website thread: I have had no problem accessing my reservation and excursions since the weekend "shut down". I use IE 8 at work and Google Chrome at home. Both allow me to sign in with no problems.

Also we have booked a post-cruise excursion through the website with no problems.

Since I'm booked, paid, confirmed and have received my luggage tags for my cruise in 4 weeks I can look at the site with amusement.

My booking appears with the right cabin but the total cost is now stated as $700 on the front page. When I view my reservation the real amount I paid is accurate but the cost is listed as $7 more than what I paid and I now have an amount due of $7.

I decided not to purchase any excursion or addons to avoid having to call and only pay the amount of the add on.

I think the $7 price difference might be a difference in gratuities. As the quoted price for Select gratuities $168 is different than what they quoted in the fare $175. I have no explanation for the $700. LOL.

If $700 is the real price...I want a refund of more than $1800! hahaha!

I have the £700 showing too , .well every other time i sign in , which is really weird

Last night I was on the phone to my sister while we tried sychronising our bookings , mine was straightforward .....ish . She was having a breakdown, it kept defaulting to a booking for one , when she finally convinced it she wanted a guest it kept kicking her out . It must have taken her 30 minutes or more , for some reason she didnt find it funny:D

I spoke to someone today at the Captains Club. She was very nice and I could tell that they were taking a lot of heat for the issues. She explained that the site was still a work in progress and there was no expected date for the issues to be resolved but they would be working through the weekend.

I suggested that RCCL place a message on the front of each website explaining about the upgrade to the site and the opportunities that existed were being worked on. I told her that an apology for the inconvenience would go a long way. Be proactive in place of reactive. Not an area that RCCL is strong in.

But then ...........have you ever tried phoning them :eek:

Have just spoken to Celebrity regarding the fact that the online check in system is down. Was told that the system has been down for 7 days and will not be up for at least this weekend if not longer. In addition, manual input by Celebrity was not possible. I was told to be patient. Now 'ain't' this fun...?

As I said in the other website thread: I have had no problem accessing my reservation and excursions since the weekend "shut down". I use IE 8 at work and Google Chrome at home. Both allow me to sign in with no problems.

Also we have booked a post-cruise excursion through the website with no problems.

This is clearly not a browser issue.

Signing in does not appear to be the problem. Doing anything on the site after is.

Signing in does not appear to be the problem. Doing anything on the site after is.

Same here. I can sign on but once I try to access any part of my reservation I get the website maintenance message. One week on and its still not fixed. What a shambles.

Edited by Bobal

Looking at a cruise for March of 2015. Cabin price shows $909 per person. Tried to look at cabins, first it gives a per cabin rate of $1818 but then in the booking process it doubles it again to $3636 before adding taxes:eek:.

Guess I'm not booking that!