Millennium - smoking areas

coordinator23

Quick question - brief answer please - with no lectures

where are people allowed to smoke on the Millennium - a family cruise to Alaska w/four cabins depends on this answer

As I recall, outdoors on the aft deck port side behind the buffet and also port side of the pool deck and the promenade deck.

Called reservations and they told me only left side of pool deck. Four cabins to go elsewhere. Not crazy about NCL, but they can accommodate the smoker in the group. (knew balcony was off limits, but didn't realize that basically the whole ship was too)

Called reservations and they told me only left side of pool deck. Four cabins to go elsewhere. Not crazy about NCL, but they can accommodate the smoker in the group. (knew balcony was off limits, but didn't realize that basically the whole ship was too)

They were wrong.

Smoking is also on port side, deck 4 or 5 I think. Like another poster mentioned it is also at the port side of the aft bar on 10.

All inside areas are no smoking. I think there is also a smoking area by the Mast bar.

Quick question - brief answer please - with no lectures

where are people allowed to smoke on the Millennium - a family cruise to Alaska w/four cabins depends on this answer

Millennium:

Deck 4 - Port Side

Deck 10 - Oceanview Bar - Aft - Port Side

Deck 10 - Pool Area - Port Side

Deck 11 - Small area - Mast Bar - Port Side

• Thanks 1

I thought Celebrity had restricted outdoor smoking more than this.

When you say "port side," do you mean a small portion of the deck or 50% of the deck?

Only 20% of people (or less) smoke. Smokers should not get an entire side.

Small portion

• 5 years later...
15 hours ago, delphis98 said:

Could anyone tell me as of summer 2019 where are the outdoor smoking areas on millenium, especially if there is one on deck 4 or 5, and whether port/starboard and midships or aft?   thanks so much!

WOW, this is an old thread.  Some things have changed from 2013.  Now there is no smoking at the Sunset Bar, back aft of the Oceanview Cafe on Deck 10.  On the M-Class, smoking at the Mast Bar, Pool deck port side, and promenade deck port side.

There should be a note in your stateroom on embarkation letting you know where the smoking areas are located.    🍷 

Edited by Wine-O

On 6/22/2019 at 8:01 AM, gimletgal said:

Double WOW! A six year old thread re-opened..........lots of changes since 2013! :classic_ohmy:

I know!  but i thought why start a new thread, when the title of this old thread still works. 

I'm wondering about where the outdoor smoking areas are on Millenium, because I want to make sure we don't reserve a balcony near a designated outdoor smoking area.  We made that mistake once.... if i can help it, that will be the last time 🙂 lol  

Smoking on outside covered deck area on deck 4 is the usual, but know that it can move to starboard side when there are high winds or when the ship is bunkering, or for various maintenance reasons.  Pick a higher deck on starboard side and you will usually be out of the way of smoke.

1 hour ago, delphis98 said:

I know!  but i thought why start a new thread, when the title of this old thread still works. 

I'm wondering about where the outdoor smoking areas are on Millenium, because I want to make sure we don't reserve a balcony near a designated outdoor smoking area.  We made that mistake once.... if i can help it, that will be the last time 🙂 lol  

Unfortunately, lots of people will see the title and open the thread, without even looking at the date, and “assume” the now incorrect information  is current. That just sets off a whole new slew of posts which could easily be avoided! Just sayin’. 

• Like 2