Single man wanted!

Melli

Hi Robert,

what a pleasure to hear from you! Yes, you are right - one never should judge a book by the cover. So I think it's great that you wrote back - as more than 1000 cruisers have just been reading this thread without writing back....

Well, I have never been on on one of the HAL ships. Have you got a favorite ship? And I really would be interested if you have already been on an Alaska cruise cause I'll be on one in summer and would like to hear about your cruise experience...

Have a great day, Robert!

HI Melli: I have been to Alaska 4 times. First cruise was the Inside Passage = the last 3 Alaska Cruises were southbounds on HAL Ships. Seward to Vancouver. I like that itinerary as it is very smooth with the wind to our backs! Lot's of Glaciers, History of Alaska in Sitka, Juneau, and Ketchikan and the Totem Pole Climbers.

As I mentioned earlier I am booked on my favorite ship, the Ryndam = 1250 passengers and very easy to get around. The Ryndam is 1 of 4 HAL Ships that hold 1250 passengers. You have to try it soon. I think the Ryndam is going to Europe again next Summer, I believe the Statendam will be doing Alaska next Summer. Try it, but NOT alone.

Still have room for the 12/1/2013 cruise = give it a try?

Robertmnch:)

HI Melli: I have been to Alaska 4 times. First cruise was the Inside Passage = the last 3 Alaska Cruises were southbounds on HAL Ships. Seward to Vancouver. I like that itinerary as it is very smooth with the wind to our backs! Lot's of Glaciers, History of Alaska in Sitka, Juneau, and Ketchikan and the Totem Pole Climbers.

As I mentioned earlier I am booked on my favorite ship, the Ryndam = 1250 passengers and very easy to get around. The Ryndam is 1 of 4 HAL Ships that hold 1250 passengers. You have to try it soon. I think the Ryndam is going to Europe again next Summer, I believe the Statendam will be doing Alaska next Summer. Try it, but NOT alone.

I'm looking forward to Alaska! Can't wait!Thanks for the information, Robert!

Enjoy your cruise on the Ryndam!

Have a great day!:)

HI: Another thing I thought about if you are still going to Alaska. Passengers were complaining "why was there so much fish on the Menu! Answer: Well, you're up in Alaska, home of the Halibut and Salmon! In the 1980's and 1990's, they would bring the BIG King Crab Legs, already split!The legs would be piled about 12" to 18" high!:p

HI: Another thing I thought about if you are still going to Alaska. Passengers were complaining "why was there so much fish on the Menu! Answer: Well, you're up in Alaska, home of the Halibut and Salmon! In the 1980's and 1990's, they would bring the BIG King Crab Legs, already split!The legs would be piled about 12" to 18" high!:p

....cause I'm a seafood lover! :):D;) There can never be enough fish on the menu! On my last cruise to Norway RCCL seemed really to avoid the seafood on the menu.....:mad:

To all the single male cruisers out there:

Hi,

my name is Melli (37) and I'm an absolute cruise lover, my favorite lines are NCL and RCCL and for the last four years I've cruised solo...so where are all the single men on the cruisecritic boards who like to chat with me a little bit about cruising and perhaps would like to find a woman who shares the love for the ocean and the ships!?

If it's you that I mean - just say hi!;)

Hello,

My name is Thomas. I am 43 also. I did my first cruise in 2010. My first few cruises where with my brother and his family. This year I got tired of waiting for people who wanted/were able to cruise with me so I just decided to book my cruises and go solo. I have been on 6 cruises so far this year with another 2 coming up in a few days.

I have only cruised on Carnival. Next year I am looking at cutting back and only doing 4 or 5 cruises.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Hello,

My name is Thomas. I am 43 also. I did my first cruise in 2010. My first few cruises where with my brother and his family. This year I got tired of waiting for people who wanted/were able to cruise with me so I just decided to book my cruises and go solo. I have been on 6 cruises so far this year with another 2 coming up in a few days.

I have only cruised on Carnival. Next year I am looking at cutting back and only doing 4 or 5 cruises.

You are so right! Why should you stay at home and wait for others to decide if they want to go on a cruise or not?! Just go on a cruise!!:D:)

That's what I've been doing the last 5 years and I always had a great time!

But of course it's nice to have someone to join during dinner or on the excursions....my favorite cruiseline is NCL - never been on Carnival...wow six cruises! How cool is that!?:) What's your favorite port?

Have a great day!

Had a great time in Ensenada, but that could be because I met a great group on the ship and we hung out in Ensenada.

Barbados had one of the best beaches I have been to.

Corzumel is always fun.

Got some new ports coming up.

I do agree that sometimes it is nice to have someone on a cruise with you, but solo cruise us way better then no cruise.

Already have a couple of cruises planned for next year. February doing a 4 day out of New Orleans returning March 3rd with the 4th being Fat Tuesday. Staying in New Orleans for a couple of days to check it out.

Got a 3 day cruise out of Los Angeles over Easter weekend, hoping some of my California friends can make it.

Hi Melli.

I'm 43, male, and single.

After remembering about three years ago how much I enjoy cruising, I've been on two cruises, an eastbound TA on the Norwegian Epic last year, and a seven dayer on the Carnival Glory this past summer to New England and Canada out of Boston. They both were with family members, but not shared rooms.

I thoroughly enjoyed both, although I cared less about specifics such as itinerary or ship characteristics. I'm usually really happy just to be on a ship, and everything else is just icing on the cake. Plus, I'm a low maintenance passenger, as I usually just go about my business without needing anything from the ship service staff.

Last week, I decided to take advantage of a last-minute deal, and booked my first truly solo cruise, nine days out of Barcelona on the NCL Spirit this Friday!

Thanks for starting this thread, and I hope you have a great day, too.

Sent from my Asus Fonepad using the Cruise Critic app.

Hi Melli.

I'm 43, male, and single.

After remembering about three years ago how much I enjoy cruising, I've been on two cruises, an eastbound TA on the Norwegian Epic last year, and a seven dayer on the Carnival Glory this past summer to New England and Canada out of Boston. They both were with family members, but not shared rooms.

I thoroughly enjoyed both, although I cared less about specifics such as itinerary or ship characteristics. I'm usually really happy just to be on a ship, and everything else is just icing on the cake. Plus, I'm a low maintenance passenger, as I usually just go about my business without needing anything from the ship service staff.

Last week, I decided to take advantage of a last-minute deal, and booked my first truly solo cruise, nine days out of Barcelona on the NCL Spirit this Friday!

Thanks for starting this thread, and I hope you have a great day, too.

Sent from my Asus Fonepad using the Cruise Critic app.

Great to hear from you!:) I myself I guess I am also a "low maintenance" passenger as I have never needed anything from the room service so far..:)

NCL Spirit out of Barcelona sounds great!! I would like to hear how the cruise was once you're back!;) I've been on several cruises departing from Barcelona - it think it's a beautiful city!

This April I will be on a Cruise on the NCL Jade departing from Civitavecchia - the cruise will also go to France, Spain and Italy...Can't wait!

A cruise to New England is also on my list for the future - I think it must be amazing! Did you have any favorite places there?

Already have a couple of cruises planned for next year. February doing a 4 day out of New Orleans returning March 3rd with the 4th being Fat Tuesday. Staying in New Orleans for a couple of days to check it out.

Got a 3 day cruise out of Los Angeles over Easter weekend, hoping some of my California friends can make it.

New Orleans is one of my favorite cities! I stayed at the Monteleone hotel which was an amazing and very old fashioned in a positive way place.

Never been there before. Looking forward to it. I want some good cajun food.

I guess you'll find good food in the French Quarter wherever you are...I remember the very yummy crabcakes....:)

• 1 month later...
To all the single male cruisers out there:

Hi,

my name is Melli (37) and I'm an absolute cruise lover, my favorite lines are NCL and RCCL and for the last four years I've cruised solo...so where are all the single men on the cruisecritic boards who like to chat with me a little bit about cruising and perhaps would like to find a woman who shares the love for the ocean and the ships!?

If it's you that I mean - just say hi!;)

Hi! I would love to join you in April :)

Next cruise is Breakaway for 12 days from NYC to the Caribbean starting Jan 5

Edited by reallyme

Howdy! Room for one more at this party? :D My son and I have been cruising since he was almost 6, on DCL and RCI except for one voyage on Princess. Now that he's a teenager, I see precious little of him onboard, so I'm basically a solo cruiser at this point! Our next cruise is on Navigator of the Seas on 2/16, and I am SO ready.

Kinda bittersweet about this one though, since it'll likely be our last for a good long while at least until he's out of college. So I'm going to savor every moment on this next cruise and enjoy every minute!! :)

-gina-

TX, f, 47

Howdy! Room for one more at this party? :D My son and I have been cruising since he was almost 6, on DCL and RCI except for one voyage on Princess. Now that he's a teenager, I see precious little of him onboard, so I'm basically a solo cruiser at this point! Our next cruise is on Navigator of the Seas on 2/16, and I am SO ready.

Kinda bittersweet about this one though, since it'll likely be our last for a good long while at least until he's out of college. So I'm going to savor every moment on this next cruise and enjoy every minute!! :)

-gina-

TX, f, 47

Hey Gina!

Happy new year to you and enjoy the Navigator with your son! We all deserve a cruise from time to time!;)

Hey!

I'm booked on the NCL Jade April 12? Anyone out there with me?

Or anyone on the Sun in August 2014?

I chose the Getaway in 2015 not for the itinerary but for the ship itself - I guess it will be amazing!

Has anyone of you been on the Breakaway already?

You book really far in advance! I'm booked on the Getaway in October over Halloween. I'll let you know how it is for singles. I have already done Carnival and RCCL. Might do a NYE sailing 2015.

You book really far in advance! I'm booked on the Getaway in October over Halloween. I'll let you know how it is for singles. I have already done Carnival and RCCL. Might do a NYE sailing 2015.

I'm looking forward to hear from you!:)

-gina-

TX, f, 47

Enjoy it while you can. I took my 20 you son on a cruise and thought it would be great father/son bonding time. WRONG!! He made friends quickly and I saw precious little of him. :(

It would have been nice to have another ditched parent to talk to! :)

Joe

Edited by JoePatNYCT

Enjoy it while you can. I took my 20 you son on a cruise and thought it would be great father/son bonding time. WRONG!! He made friends quickly and I saw precious little of him. :(

It would have been nice to have another ditched parent to talk to! :)

Joe

I came across this thread as I am single going solo on the Freedom on the 5th of April (Yes a shameless plug). I am a single father of two daughters who grew up vacationing on Carnival...now that they are 18 and 20, I also seldom see them other then for dinner. So they insist I go away at the respectable age of 44 alone. Possibly a ploy to have the house to themselves.

Cheers

Mike

I came across this thread as I am single going solo on the Freedom on the 5th of April (Yes a shameless plug). I am a single father of two daughters who grew up vacationing on Carnival...now that they are 18 and 20, I also seldom see them other then for dinner. So they insist I go away at the respectable age of 44 alone. Possibly a ploy to have the house to themselves.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

don't worry - I think it's normal if they want to spend time alone at that age as they practise how to feel like adults;-)

nevertheless it's you who's paying for their cruise so they could be more "thankful" and not only have dinner with you....next time just cruise on your own and enjoy life or send them on vacation to a youth camp etc :-)) - they don't want to spend time with "old dad" anyway....;-) and who wants to be on a cruise ship anyway...;-)

Anyway, Mike, look at some parents on cruiseships and how stressed they are and enjoy the fact that you can relax and meet some nice people and go to the singles's meeting and you can do whatever you want! How cool is that!?

Hope I could cheer you up a bit...

melli