Pics of RP leaving Port Everglades today!

eroller

I'm sailing on RP next week, but decided to get a preview and watched her sail out this evening. She played "The Love Boat" on her horn three times which was fun. Once while leaving the dock and two more times while passing the condos at the port exit.

Attached are some photos I took of her departure.

Ernie

10658267555_096a34305a_c.jpg

10658304384_c9e76fe489_c.jpg

10658275525_3ec131a9be_c.jpg

10658306726_c9317e2b72_c.jpg

10658313126_daf61a4368_c.jpg

Fantastic photos! I watched the Nieuw Amsterdam sail out but then took a nap.

I see the Port Fever archive hasn't got any Royal video on line yet-they are behind schedule, not for the first time.

Royal is a beautiful looking ship-on the outside and the inside but then beauty in this case is only skin-deep.

Norris

Thanks for the pics eroller! Royal Princess is quite stunning as she leaves port.

Have a wonderful cruise on her next week and if you have time for a few more pics or a review, it would be greatly appreciated.:D

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the photos! Don't worry, I'll be writing a full review (no sugar coating) and taking tons of photos.

I just got off the QUEEN ELIZABETH in Europe about a week ago so I'm working on that review and processing over 700 photos I took along the way! I'll just say upfront that the QUEEN ELIZABETH was near perfection as was the weather and ports.

I'm a big fan of the Celebrity Solstice Class, so it will be interesting to see how the ROYAL PRINCESS stacks up. As far as design, demographics, size, price, and itineraries I think it will be a fair comparison.

Ernie

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the photos! Don't worry, I'll be writing a full review (no sugar coating) and taking tons of photos.

I just got off the QUEEN ELIZABETH in Europe about a week ago so I'm working on that review and processing over 700 photos I took along the way! I'll just say upfront that the QUEEN ELIZABETH was near perfection as was the weather and ports.

I'm a big fan of the Celebrity Solstice Class, so it will be interesting to see how the ROYAL PRINCESS stacks up. As far as design, demographics, size, price, and itineraries I think it will be a fair comparison.

Ernie

They switched the sailing around today and are heading to St Marteen first and Princess Cay last do to high seas in the area tomorrow !

Hi,

Thanks for the pictures, as well. I caught the sail away last week on the Webcams. I followed her all the way out, even with the helicopter maneuvers!! That horn was something. I knew it was coming but to hear it was something else.

We have friends on board this week, as well. I'm sure they are enjoying themselves and will leave a note for me "somewhere" (Crooners?) LOL. I guess I'm dreaming. :)

We'll be aboard on Nov. 17--2 weeks from today and will probably be in bed by this time!! :D

Take care. Lynne

I'm sailing on RP next week, but decided to get a preview and watched her sail out this evening. She played "The Love Boat" on her horn three times which was fun. Once while leaving the dock and two more times while passing the condos at the port exit.

Attached are some photos I took of her departure.

Ernie

10658267555_096a34305a_c.jpg

10658304384_c9e76fe489_c.jpg

10658275525_3ec131a9be_c.jpg

10658306726_c9317e2b72_c.jpg

10658313126_daf61a4368_c.jpg

Great pics!

OP;

Great photos:). What type of camera and lens setup did you use.....

Bob

I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I don't use anything fancy. A fairly basic digital camera. The Olympus Stylus Tough-8000. It's a few years old at this point.

Ernie