Triumph Oct 26 -31 just a few thoughts

AChris999

We had a great time on the Triumph. The ship looks great, our cabin (a suite for the first time) was awesome, and we really enjoyed the food.

Embarkation and debarking were both smooth and painless with priority boarding. We might buy Faster to the Fun next time if we can't afford a suite.

We had anytime dining and had the same wait team every night. The food was always served hot and the service was fast paced and friendly. Everything we tried was good.

We both really liked Guy's Burgers - ate one for lunch every day. Neither one of us was too crazy about the Blue Iguana Taco & Burrito Bar. Initially we were pretty excited about this new addition, but we didn't much care for the things we tried.

The pizza is much improved (in my opinion) and we had a slice at least once a day (had to do a quality check to make sure it was still good).

My one and only complaint is the music on board (mostly by the pool but really all venues with recorded music) was MUCH TOO LOUD for old folks like us. There were several times we had to leave an area of the ship because I just couldn't take the really loud music.

For the price paid, it is really hard to beat Carnival. They are not our favorite cruise line, but I am sure we will sail on them again, probably next year in fact. Can't wait to go again!

We were on the same cruise and had much the same experience. Staff was awesome, food wonderful and we lucked out with gorgeous weather the whole trip! (Except when we got back to Galveston on Thurs but the gloomy weather matched our mood that day ;))

Guys burger is GREAT and I am picky...had a few of them on this trip and the service was REALLY fast, never a wait. We love tacos and burritos and while we enjoyed the tacos we were not a fan of the breakfast burritos. (Personal preference probably) They could use some spicier salsa for us Texas folks but overall we thought this was a great addition. My hubby loved Red Frog beer and had a few of those. We really liked the new feel of the Lido with the 2 new bars. Much better flow than it used to be with the one always crowded bar.

I have to agree about the loud music...was almost painful at times. Other than that we mostly enjoyed the entertainment on board. We enjoyed the Cajun comedienne named Caroline (went to the adult comedy one night), she was HILARIOUS. The other lady we did not enjoy at all. (I cannot remember her name). Much of her comedy was just gross and tasteless but again personal preference. Really missed Jerrry (the singer) this trip. They had another guy who had a Kurt Cobain look and style. He was pretty good but not Jerry. :rolleyes: Jen does a great job as cruise director and we got a kick out of her. Carnival is a great value and Triumph (while she is showing her age in places) did not disappoint.

I loved the burritos!! Yum. I wish I had one now. Did you try the habanero over at the salsa bar? That one had a great flavor with a good amount of kick.

Glad y'all had a good time and good weather. We lucked out too a few weeks back and it was beautiful the whole time.

We were on the same cruise and had much the same experience. Staff was awesome, food wonderful and we lucked out with gorgeous weather the whole trip! (Except when we got back to Galveston on Thurs but the gloomy weather matched our mood that day ;))

Guys burger is GREAT and I am picky...had a few of them on this trip and the service was REALLY fast, never a wait. We love tacos and burritos and while we enjoyed the tacos we were not a fan of the breakfast burritos. (Personal preference probably) They could use some spicier salsa for us Texas folks but overall we thought this was a great addition. My hubby loved Red Frog beer and had a few of those. We really liked the new feel of the Lido with the 2 new bars. Much better flow than it used to be with the one always crowded bar.

I have to agree about the loud music...was almost painful at times. Other than that we mostly enjoyed the entertainment on board. We enjoyed the Cajun comedienne named Caroline (went to the adult comedy one night), she was HILARIOUS. The other lady we did not enjoy at all. (I cannot remember her name). Much of her comedy was just gross and tasteless but again personal preference. Really missed Jerrry (the singer) this trip. They had another guy who had a Kurt Cobain look and style. He was pretty good but not Jerry. :rolleyes: Jen does a great job as cruise director and we got a kick out of her. Carnival is a great value and Triumph (while she is showing her age in places) did not disappoint.

I loved the burritos!! Yum. I wish I had one now. Did you try the habanero over at the salsa bar? That one had a great flavor with a good amount of kick.

Glad y'all had a good time and good weather. We lucked out too a few weeks back and it was beautiful the whole time.

Darn, I must have missed the Habanero salsa! Guess I should have tried them all. When I was at the salsa bar there was a pushy girl breathing down my neck so I felt rushed. :mad: Will check it out next time for sure. I could go for some pizza for lunch today...that was addicting!

I heard the weather for the sailing after ours was rainy (they returned today), guess we did luck out!

I'm sorry, because it was really good. I found a new one at Walmart called Ms. Renfro's that is awesome too. I have been using it since I got home from our cruise :) That brand has a ghost pepper one as well, but haven't been brave enough to try that one yet :eek: Next time tell them to back off, haha.

Darn, I must have missed the Habanero salsa! Guess I should have tried them all. When I was at the salsa bar there was a pushy girl breathing down my neck so I felt rushed. :mad: Will check it out next time for sure. I could go for some pizza for lunch today...that was addicting!

I heard the weather for the sailing after ours was rainy (they returned today), guess we did luck out!

We were on the Oct 21-25 5 day cruise as well as the Oct 2012 cruise, so we got to see the upgrades and were pleased with them Guy's Burgers is good as well as Blue Iguana. I was not looking forward to brunch as opposed to regular breakfast in the MDR, but we actually liked it better as wife likes to sleep in, and we were not so pressed for time..Platinum checkin was really fast and easy...We had the same band in the theater as last year and they are really good..

Archived