Unlimited Drink Plans

Nikkimouse76

You're not really supposed to share the UBP.

Is it "worth it" for you? Who knows... Think about how much you might like to drink on the ship and do some man.

Also, there are hundreds of threads here discussing the UBP and your questions have already been answered over and over. Maybe you should search for some of those.

I need opinions if these are worth it or not. My husband drinks like a camel (I don't mean alcoholic beverages :p). We were thinking to buy the unlimited beverage plan for him and have him share it with me. Is this worth it?

My thoughts

Soda Card:Totally worth it

Alcohol Card: No way its worth it (must drink 7-8 a day to break even!!!!!)

If I wanted to search for the beverage plan posts I would have done that. I don't feel like doing that :). Will anyone say anything if we share the beverage plan? How do they know if you share? Yes, I did the math on the alcoholic beverage plan, so not worth it for us.

Thanks for the insight so far.

I need opinions if these are worth it or not. My husband drinks like a camel (I don't mean alcoholic beverages :p). We were thinking to buy the unlimited beverage plan for him and have him share it with me. Is this worth it?

Yes, buying an unlimited soda card is worth it if you drink a lot of soda. No, it is not worth trying to split one between the 2 of you. You should buy 2, if you both want to drink from it. That's how it works.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

My thoughts

Soda Card:Totally worth it

Alcohol Card: No way its worth it (must drink 7-8 a day to break even!!!!!)

We had a alcohol plan on another line and because of the price I don't think there was a time that we didn't have a drink in our hand. (we probably broke even :D) The county where we live doesn't sell alcohol so we wanted to hang out and try many different drinks. It was good not to have to worry about trying and paying for one and not liking it. We are by no means alcoholics, but it is nice to hang out at a bar from time to time and try new drinks.

Edited by Dr_Obbins

FROM THE NCL WEBSITE UNDER TERM & CONDITION.

A15% gratuity plus any applicable taxes will be added to all package purchases. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable.

As others have said thousands of other posts on this subject. You can't share a package.

Depending on the type of drink you need to average around 7 drinks a day to break even.

Some of the frozen drinks are about $8 each so one day we tried 2-3 of those during the day, a cpl of $10 glasses of wine with dinner and then you just need 2-3 drinks with evening ents and that's it..

Just done a TA and 3rd time on UBP, one day I had about 14 drinks (inc sodas, frozen, beers and then mainly spirits in the nightclub/evening venues) , another day I just had 3-4 Sodas in the day and a cpl beers in the evening, so average more than broke even again :D

If you are talking about the soda plan, it can be purchased individually. You are not allowed to share and it is one drink at a time served in a glass (no cans of soda), so if you wanted two drinks at dinner it would be a problem. Since the soda package is so cheap, why not buy one each if you are going to want a soda now and then?

If your talking about the alcoholic beverage package, then all adults in the cabin must purchase it. Whether it is worth it or not is subjective. Soda's are about $2.25 each, alcoholic drinks are about $5-9.

If I wanted to search for the beverage plan posts I would have done that. I don't feel like doing that :). Will anyone say anything if we share the beverage plan? How do they know if you share? Yes, I did the math on the alcoholic beverage plan, so not worth it for us.

You know that it is an individual plan yet feel it is okay to share it. Interesting ethics.

You know that it is an individual plan yet feel it is okay to share it. Interesting ethics.

Yeah, I couldn't decide which took the greater amount of gall...that part...

...or this part:

If I wanted to search for the beverage plan posts I would have done that. I don't feel like doing that.

I mean... how inconsiderate.

We normally go for the UBP if there is one available on the ship we are sailing on but decided not to on the Spirit last week and went for the wine package instead. Glad we did as the seas were very choppy and we felt a bit rough, so didn't drink the amount we would normally do. We would have been well out of pocket. You just never know.

We had a alcohol plan on another line and because of the price I don't think there was a time that we didn't have a drink in our hand. (we probably broke even :D) The county where we live doesn't sell alcohol so we wanted to hang out and try many different drinks. It was good not to have to worry about trying and paying for one and not liking it. We are by no means alcoholics, but it is nice to hang out at a bar from time to time and try new drinks.

We are considering it if its offered on the Sun this Feb...we sometimes drink alot and other days not so much so I think either way we would come out ahead...Last cruise we had over a $400 bar bill .....

Edited by Twiz

Doing a google search is often the fastest way to find the info. You'll get lots of info and takes just a minute.

So you've done the math and you understand the costs. You should also understand at this point that you cannot share any of the beverage plans.

Each adult in the cabin must purchase whatever plan you choose. That's how the plans work and there are no exceptions.

We are considering it if its offered on the Sun this Feb...we sometimes drink alot and other days not so much so I think either way we would come out ahead...Last cruise we had over a $400 bar bill .....

If by "we" you meant you and your wife and your total bar bill was something over $400, but not much more, then if it was a 7 day cruise, you still did better with pay as you go, as the UBP would have cost over $770 for the two of you.

If 1 person in a room buys the liquer plan then every adult in the room has to also buy in. They do not allow just one

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Forums mobile app

That is great to know. I had no idea!!!! I have not cruised since 05 and things have changed SO MUCH!

I'd also like to add I am new to this group and I am shocked at the how rude some posters can be. I thought this forum was about asking questions, getting answers, and learning.

Edited by Nikkimouse76

I'd also like to add I am new to this group and I am shocked at the how rude some posters can be. I thought this forum was about asking questions, getting answers, and learning.

I personally think that answering like this...

If I wanted to search for the beverage plan posts I would have done that. I don't feel like doing that :).

...is very rude when you come here asking for help, so I don't blame people not feeling like being too polite either.

Doing a simple search before asking in groups, forums, etc is basic netiquette.

Edited by Demonyte

...is very rude when you come here asking for help, so I don't blame people not feeling like being too polite either.

Touche. Thanks making me feel welcome. I appreciate that.

Well, noone has mentioned that you may bring soda in cases on the ship. Just attach a luggage tag to it and they will deliver to your room with luggage. Also the same with water. I think Lousianna is the only port that won't let you bring it on. Not sure. Have a great time when you cruise.

:):)

It is better to not say anything if you don't want to help.:)