"LIVE" - Legend of the Seas - Panama Canal 12 November 2013

PCWalton1

Thank you for the really great review of your cruise. Your photos made it seem as though we were there with you. We are looking at doing the same type of itinerary in 2015, not sure what line; will have to watch for the sales etc. But are considering doing it in January. We know it won't be as warm as February or March - but any thing south of the Rio Grande has to be a whole lot warmer than Minnesota.

The great thing about it - everyone asked the same questions that we

Your review has given us a lot to think about and even more decisions to make.

Again - thanks for the great review.

Barbara

Previous Cruises:

Alaska - Westerdam - September 2009 - 7 days

Alaska - Rotterdam - September 2010 - 7 days

Mexican Riviera - Oosterdam - September 2011 - 7 days

Alaska - Amsterdam - September 2012 - 14 days

Planning Stages: Panama Canal - 15 to 21 days - 2015

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed reading my review, we greatly enjoyed living it. :)

I hope you get the chance in 2015.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Hi all,

Sorry for being a bit quiet on this thread. I'm still planning on coming on this cruise. I'm in 2 minds as to whether I want to stay in San Diego or Fort Lauderdale. The main deciding factor will be whether there are any non-zoo based wildlife habitats. Whilst I would like to do other things, such as Architecture and some limited landscape shots, Wildlife is number one thing for me to do pre or post-cruise.

In San Diego, I've found http://www.fws.gov/refuge/san_diego_bay/. In Fort Lauderdale there is the Everglades Safari which I am keen on doing again. It's a tough choice and would welcome opinions from people who know San Diego well enough to point me in the right direction. I primarily want to avoid the tourist traps if I can, as I will be spending 2 weeks with a few thousand wonderful people, and a little quality time wouldn't go a miss.

Hi all,

Sorry for being a bit quiet on this thread. I'm still planning on coming on this cruise. I'm in 2 minds as to whether I want to stay in San Diego or Fort Lauderdale. The main deciding factor will be whether there are any non-zoo based wildlife habitats. Whilst I would like to do other things, such as Architecture and some limited landscape shots, Wildlife is number one thing for me to do pre or post-cruise.

In San Diego, I've found http://www.fws.gov/refuge/san_diego_bay/. In Fort Lauderdale there is the Everglades Safari which I am keen on doing again. It's a tough choice and would welcome opinions from people who know San Diego well enough to point me in the right direction. I primarily want to avoid the tourist traps if I can, as I will be spending 2 weeks with a few thousand wonderful people, and a little quality time wouldn't go a miss.

I think you may have responded to the wrong place. This cruise was last year. :p

• 2 months later...
I just found this! I am looking forward to a nice long read.[emoji4]

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Even better than the read was the cruise. We were on the APR 1 cruise out of San Diego. It was the absolute best!!! I found PCWalton's commentary very helpful.

Yes this was a very active roll call. :)

We will be going through the canal again in 2015 coming back from South America. DH said he is not planning on getting up at 5AM this time on canal day.

I've been through the canal 7 times and always get up early.

• 4 months later...
Since I will be taking cruise starting Nov 20, 2014, I just reread your review. I am truly excited about this cruise. Just for your info my cabin will be 8049.

Thank you again,

Mary Louise

Lucky you. I wish we were going back too, The cabin location was great for us, very centrally located. Hope it works well for you.

Have a great cruise. :)

• 3 years later...
Thanks Bill,

Since we were on board I never did look up the links to all the cameras. :oThanks for the reference.

And once again I want to say thank you to all of the people that posted webcam pictures during my cruise. That really made the experience complete. :)

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are cruising Carnival Legend Los Angeles to Tampa in October 2019 and are just beginning to plan. I was remiss in not thanking you for your Hawaii review that I reread several times while planning our trip there. I learned so much from your review that we put to use when we did Hawaii in April. We even ate macadamia nut pancakes at your breakfast spot near your hotel because of your review and attended the Old Lahaina Luau after your pictures and commentary. Our cruise was Carnival Legend Honolulu to Vancouver but we spent land time in both Maui and Waikiki Beachwalk prior to the cruise. I will be looking for your other reviews for future possibilities! You write and photograph so well! Best wishes to you and lovely Marie!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are cruising Carnival Legend Los Angeles to Tampa in October 2019 and are just beginning to plan. I was remiss in not thanking you for your Hawaii review that I reread several times while planning our trip there. I learned so much from your review that we put to use when we did Hawaii in April. We even ate macadamia nut pancakes at your breakfast spot near your hotel because of your review and attended the Old Lahaina Luau after your pictures and commentary. Our cruise was Carnival Legend Honolulu to Vancouver but we spent land time in both Maui and Waikiki Beachwalk prior to the cruise. I will be looking for your other reviews for future possibilities! You write and photograph so well! Best wishes to you and lovely Marie!

Thank you for the kind words and resurrecting my review. :D

Actually it comes at a coincidental time as we will be heading out on another Panama Canal cruise this coming November on Vision and I planned to report again. Especially since I noticed many of the pictures have disappeared from this review. Check back with us in November. :)

Thank you for the kind words and resurrecting my review. :D

Actually it comes at a coincidental time as we will be heading out on another Panama Canal cruise this coming November on Vision and I planned to report again. Especially since I noticed many of the pictures have disappeared from this review. Check back with us in November. :)

I certainly will! We have awhile to wait until it is our turn!