Regular cabin or Concierge Verandah cabin?

bzv143

What are the cabin numbers on the Marina that have extended balconies? I am unable to tell from the deck plan.

Really :confused:

When you look at the deck plans on deck 7 the deck widens fore & Aft

Forward cabin numbers 7000 to 7009

Aft cabin numbers 7108 to 7131

the 4 that are open on the side as well are 7008, 7009, 7108, 7111

Then you have the 4 aft PH ones 7128, 7135, 7133,7130

Edited by LHT28

PaulChili--we have all but given up large cruise ships. Our cruise line of choice has been Windstar. My TA has been pushing us to try Oceania, however, as she says that like Windstar, Oceania is not "stuffy"--more country club casual. And DH would prefer a somewhat larger ship for any kind of trans-ocean adventure. The particular cruise I just booked has lots of sea days, and most important for me (bucket list!), an overnight at Easter Island. Wow!

We did that itinerary in the reverse - great cruise on a wonderful ship.

Enjoy!

There are several concepts to consider. First is I want the best and biggest I can afford, Suites and verandas butlers and the whole 9 yards.

The second concept is The smaller and cheaper the cabin the longer and more exciting the cruise.

Would you rather have 14 days in a palace to 60 days sailing half way around the world?

Having had everything for Holland AMERICA insides for a month to Regent penthouses for a month My wife And I came to an interesting conclusion .

For us what we get to see from the cruise is more important that having more on the cruise. In the final analysis, once out of the cabin pretty much everyone is treated to the same service and quality /ambiance.

The real function of any cabin is a place to sleep, shower and store your stuff. nothing more

Extras , while nice are , well, nice but really not all that necessary unless you plan on staying in the cabin and entertaining all the time.

Where as getting out and about, having more experiences and taking in more sights and doing it for wonderfully long periods ...( like months rather than weeks) My next cruise will be 66 days on Nautica in an inside ( Tokyo to Lisbon) for about the same as 28 days in a veranda or 14 days in a suite.....

So ask yourself why is it that I seek to cruise...

And then there are those of us who have been there, done that and want the space and service of a suite with butler for several long cruises a year.

We hardly care where our ships go as long as we don't have to take 8 or more hours flights to get to and from where we're going.

May be an age factor.:rolleyes:

hi cool cruise!

which sailing(valparaiso to tahiti) is it that you can get free internet/grat. and $1500 obc?

thank you,

maria

Hey, Maria. We are now booked on the 12/17/2014 Oceania Marina, Valparaiso to Tahiti. 18 days--over next Christmas and New Years. Currently, Oceania is offering free internet, prepaid gratuities, and "free" airfare. (By the way, when I looked into doing the air portion on my own, it came to $5600 for both of us. Yikes!)

Our TA is giving us a total of 1200, 600 before and after, and by using AmEx Platinum, we get another $300. Spa, here I come!

And then there are those of us who have been there, done that and want the space and service of a suite with butler for several long cruises a year.

We hardly care where our ships go as long as we don't have to take 8 or more hours flights to get to and from where we're going.

May be an age factor.:rolleyes:

I am with you on the 8 hour as I am tired of doing 20 to 24 hours of flying.

I have too been there done that, but to me going back to the same places , with so many more awaiting seems less than satisfying

(. 3times to the Carribe and once to South America was more than enough.) Hence finding a cruise that is all new ports of at least 75% are new is very important.. that and in safe areas is foremost. My wife is Tahiti-ed and Europe out

From my perspective, the older I get the less I need or want.. I.had a butler for a month with Regent, and to be frank found it intrusive this guy hanging around waiting for me to try and find something for him to do was a running joke. . I understand you wants are different... and I wish you the best in that quest.... I tried it but received little satisfaction from that path

Hey, Maria. We are now booked on the 12/17/2014 Oceania Marina, Valparaiso to Tahiti. 18 days--over next Christmas and New Years. Currently, Oceania is offering free internet, prepaid gratuities, and "free" airfare. (By the way, when I looked into doing the air portion on my own, it came to $5600 for both of us. Yikes!)

Our TA is giving us a total of 1200, 600 before and after, and by using AmEx Platinum, we get another $300. Spa, here I come!

In selecting you cabin, I would get an ocean view tops... no veranda,

That time of year, the crossing, and the weather is going to present very little time on your veranda.. Hot/very Humid and daily rain, some big will be the rule. Try it September or April but Dec-march is going to be wet:o