purchase insurance or not?

~Christie~

Yes, yes and yes. My fourth cruise is coming up next month and is the costliest to date. I have always used Travelguard and thankfully have never had to file a claim. I hope I never do, but I can't imagine not having it. I don't think it's mandatory as an earlier poster stated.

We don't leave home with out it!

Many factors to consider in making this decision, but when I fell and broke my foot while in France it paid everything. Even follow up MRIs and surgeon consults.

We have had to cancel for family medical problems - the insurance paid every penny back to us.

fwiw....................:)

Over a period of eight years, DH and I had to cancel three cruises for medical reasons after final payment. I also have had to visit the medical center on three cruises and my husband on one, and all of these visits were necessary and valid. We just disembarked a cruise a couple of weeks ago, and my one visit to the medical center for a severe upper respiratory infection I got on board cost $171 total, including an antibiotic. I have never gone on a cruise without insurance, and I cannot imagine doing so.

Incidentally, if your cruise embarks or disembarks in a foreign port and you spend any time there, Princess insurance will not cover you for anything that happens before or after the cruise. For that reason, I always get a different insurance when spending pre or post cruise days in a foreign port, and I have the insurance cover me from the date I leave home until the date I am due back home. For cruises that start and terminate in the US I do get Princess insurance, as we get the complimentary upgrade to Platinum.