Looking for good ideas for food to bring to the beach!

canadarocks

Is this just a Princess thing? Hubby & I have been on 14 cruises between the 2 of us and we have never been asked to see our bags when getting off the ship in port (previous cruises with Carnival & RC).

its for every ship, they dont want you taking food off the ship

we have been getting on a tender and immigration have been at the tender port checking bags, you must have been lucky

Is this just a Princess thing? Hubby & I have been on 14 cruises between the 2 of us and we have never been asked to see our bags when getting off the ship in port (previous cruises with Carnival & RC).

I also don't remember seeing it anywhere in the Caribbean and we've mostly sailed Princess.

There are parts of the world , mostly where they are worried about certain insects being introduced to island nations, where they do it.

As I said in a previous post, it's ALWAYS been on the front page of the cruiseline's newsletter for that particular port day.

Edited by chamima

As others have pointed out Island residents depend on tourist dollars so if we are eating on land we prefer to support the locals. We were unimpressed with a group who carried food from the ship to a hotel beach and then settled into hotel owned chairs. When the hotel staff came by to collect $5.00 per person, they simply moved to towels on the sand and continued their picnic. Very pleased with themselves for having saved all that money. :mad:

They had no idea how ugly they looked!!

The local authorities had a dog sniffing bags for food when we left the ship in Cozumel last week.

That said, even though the Patter almost always has that notice and they announce it over the PA, in reality they seldom actually check.

Still not something I would try to get by with.

I was told by quarantine...if it goes in your mouth...then it is food....declare it.

kind regards, Lorraine :):)

you go ahead and declare your tums, gum, breath mints toothpaste. Use some common sense about these things. The best advice is to check with the ships personel and read your daily patter. Many diabetics and hypoglycemics have to have food supplies with them and know which ones to bring. Edited by cruzsnooze