Next Cruise Certificate Question (?)

Thanks Clarea and Cruisenfever,

I just called RCCL and the NCC is not attached to my TA. Fortunately it's only been 59 days since it was issued so I just faxed the transfer form to RCCL.

Don't want to miss out on my OBC and free insurance.

Unless the rules have changed, you have 60 days from when you first assign an NCC to a cruise to transfer to a TA. So if the NCC is unassigned, then the time limit to transfer has not yet started,

Unless the rules have changed, you have 60 days from when you first assign an NCC to a cruise to transfer to a TA. So if the NCC is unassigned, then the time limit to transfer has not yet started,

It's still 60 days. RCCL said the 60 days is from when the NCC was issued not when you convert to a cruise.

I faxed the form and my TA will also be keeping an eye out for the change. We should be good. I like getting OBC and the free insurance from my TA. No dilemma about purchasing on my own which seems to cost about 10% of the fare.

It's still 60 days. RCCL said the 60 days is from when the NCC was issued not when you convert to a cruise.

I faxed the form and my TA will also be keeping an eye out for the change. We should be good. I like getting OBC and the free insurance from my TA. No dilemma about purchasing on my own which seems to cost about 10% of the fare.

That would be a significant change from what I understood before.

Patti, have you heard this?

Edited by clarea

I will have to check into this. Why would you transfer just a number to a TA that is not going anywhere??:eek:

The only situation I can think of is if you want to use your NC to book a cruise within final payment period, and you want your TA to own the cruise. In that case the NC needs to belong to the TA before the cruise is booked.

Thanks for checking.:)

I was told they are considered a reservation and need to go through the TA from the start. I had to change it within 60 days as any booking. Usually they linked to the TA from the start.

It makes sense you can't change TA's anytime you move a booked cruise to another week.

Why don't you call C&A 1-800-526-9723 since the NC/Open Booking concept is their can of worms and see what they say!!:D

I just called C&A and was told that you have 60 days after the NCC is converted to a actual cruise. They were absolutely certain of this.

I wasted a lot of time and sent in my transfer form because of what I was told this morning by another rep. It would have been easier to book through RCCL and then transfer the booking.

I just called C&A and was told that you have 60 days after the NCC is converted to a actual cruise. They were absolutely certain of this.

I wasted a lot of time and sent in my transfer form because of what I was told this morning by another rep. It would have been easier to book through RCCL and then transfer the booking.

I appreciate you taking the time to confirm this. :)

Thanks for posting. I thought you had 60 days from conversion and not from creation to transfer. Wish all the reps were on the same page.:(

So . . . I was on another thread yesterday asking about this. If I purchase a future cruise certificate on board using my TA's name, may I then call RC directly to book a Tuesday sale and my TA would be the agent of record? I trust all of your answers but I think I will talk to the LA when I am on Explorer next month. Whew!! This is confusing. (Or maybe I should purchase some certificates with and without the TAs name!)

So . . . I was on another thread yesterday asking about this. If I purchase a future cruise certificate on board using my TA's name, may I then call RC directly to book a Tuesday sale and my TA would be the agent of record? I trust all of your answers but I think I will talk to the LA when I am on Explorer next month. Whew!! This is confusing. (Or maybe I should purchase some certificates with and without the TAs name!)

If the TA owns the future cruise certificate, then the TA has to book the cruise.

I am pretty sure that the open reservation is good indefinitely but I also think that your deposit is non-refundable, so you do have to take another cruise with RCL one day or lose that deposit.

Not a problem for me, I love to cruise and am always planning my next cruise with RCL.