Allure passingers should get a credit $ for the shorter times in port

Wow, I'm not sure who is whining more, the OP or the people responding who have never done this itinerary and no plans to. :rolleyes: The OASIS class stop in Nassau is already one of the shortest and most worthless in RC's list so this just makes it worse. Personally I'd rather leave 2 hours earlier and have the full time in St Thomas that is where there are some lengthy excursions.

Actually I only came to this thread looking for another typical predictable post of little value of someone saying, "The ship is the destination!" I'm surprised it wasn't here, so I'll say it. :) The ship is the destination. To all those who have said it, I doubt RC could sell a 7 day cruise to know where. I've done Allure twice and enjoyed each port with Nassau being the least on that. Fortunately this will be resolved before I go back on Allue, 2016 at the earliest.

I agree, the ship IS the destination! They could leave the port and just float around in the jet stream and I'd be just as satisfied ! I'm certain they could sell cruises to nowhere. I'd be first in line for that!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Honestly, if you were going to Blue Lagoon just for a beach day.. it's not that big a loss! Just hop a cab over to Paradise Island and enjoy one of the free beaches over there that are equally as nice as those on Blue Lagoon.

Or just come to Florida and enjoy our great beaches. That will help your miserable daily lives.

Edited by cruzincurt

I agree, the ship IS the destination! They could leave the port and just float around in the jet stream and I'd be just as satisfied ! I'm certain they could sell cruises to nowhere. I'd be first in line for that!

That's the way I feel - they could sail ten miles out and drop anchor for a week and I'd be perfectly happy. Nassau, I can totally live without and have no issue staying on the ship.

Oh, and, joeski, sometimes it actually has the audacity to rain - what kind of compensation would you expect for that? Have been to Bermuda more than once when there's been cool rainy weather - life goes on.

That's the way I feel - they could sail ten miles out and drop anchor for a week and I'd be perfectly happy. Nassau, I can totally live without and have no issue staying on the ship.

Oh, and, joeski, sometimes it actually has the audacity to rain - what kind of compensation would you expect for that? Have been to Bermuda more than once when there's been cool rainy weather - life goes on.

Yes, I think as long as we are away the jobs and housework I don't even care about the weather! Oh and by the way, I meant the gulf stream NOT the jet stream, it's Friday and I'm tired! Lol! I think you get the picture, though!

Girl! You made me giggle, loudly, at work and now I have to try and explain myself!

Sorry Yaya! :D giggles with you...

Joeski... From the info on Blue Lagoon ... You can cancel and get your money back as long as you're not 24 hours prior to day of arrival..... It doesn't sound like you're "stuck" if you can get a refund.

But I have to ask .. isn't the reduced time in Nassau only 1 hour? It sounds like you don't lose too much and can still enjoy Blue Lagoon.

Edited by Pebbles468

Don't have an opinion on this but I will hijack this thread a bit. Was just glancing at the online insurance policy for my next trip (provided by TA). I saw a section that said there is reimbursement for missed port or ports. Anyone ever experience this? Thanks.

Back in September, the Allure missed Nassau altogether because they were searching for a passenger who fell overboard...

In all seriousness... Doesn't the Cruise Line reserve the right to modify and change the intinerary as necessary... if there was a storm coming and needed to bypass an entire island, I think there is some "fine print" and they don't have to do anything to compensate you further.

I agree with the previous poster... I feel worse for those who are booked in February and must cancel entirely.

Yes they do. You hit the nail on the head!

Wow, I'm not sure who is whining more, the OP or the people responding who have never done this itinerary and no plans to. :rolleyes: The OASIS class stop in Nassau is already one of the shortest and most worthless in RC's list so this just makes it worse. Personally I'd rather leave 2 hours earlier and have the full time in St Thomas that is where there are some lengthy excursions.

Actually I only came to this thread looking for another typical predictable post of little value of someone saying, "The ship is the destination!" I'm surprised it wasn't here, so I'll say it. :) The ship is the destination. To all those who have said it, I doubt RC could sell a 7 day cruise to know where. I've done Allure twice and enjoyed each port with Nassau being the least on that. Fortunately this will be resolved before I go back on Allue, 2016 at the earliest.

Allure Eastern last year, the ship was our destination. We didn't get off at any of the ports of call.. DH didn't know if we would cruise on one that big again and just wanted to enjoy. We'd been to all the ports, and wasn't anything we wanted to do this time. Like cruising, 23 days until the next one.

I may not feel that I deserve a credit or refund for time missed in port, but I'll be frank, we're pretty damned pissed that we're going to have to miss our #1 favorite beach excursion, which is Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau. We looked forward to that as much if not more than anything else, and now we're s*** out of luck. The St. Thomas part isn't as big of a deal, but the fact does remain that in Nassau by removing 1 hour from the stay you are eliminating about 15% of the total port time, which is quite a bit.

Oh, and what's worse is, we can't even get our TA's excursion desk (who we booked that excursion through) to confirm that it will have to be cancelled, because if they did, I can actually move forward with buying a beach pass at one of the local hotels. Nothing like having some unexpected stressful vacatino crap to deal with right before actually going on vacation.

You creat your own stress, would you like a bit of wine with that cheese....:rolleyes:

We should get a credit $ for the shorter time in the ports because of the problem with the ship ' date=' It is not a weather issue ..[/quote']

You know that lengthy cruise contract at the end of your cruise documents, you need to go read that. Sorry Charlie, no compensation nor IMHO do I think you should. I hope your post was a joke

6. CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER:

Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination, lodging or any activity on or off the Vessel, or substitute another vessel or port of call, destination, lodging or activity. Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including but not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.

I may not feel that I deserve a credit or refund for time missed in port, but I'll be frank, we're pretty damned pissed that we're going to have to miss our #1 favorite beach excursion, which is Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau. We looked forward to that as much if not more than anything else, and now we're s*** out of luck. The St. Thomas part isn't as big of a deal, but the fact does remain that in Nassau by removing 1 hour from the stay you are eliminating about 15% of the total port time, which is quite a bit.

Oh, and what's worse is, we can't even get our TA's excursion desk (who we booked that excursion through) to confirm that it will have to be cancelled, because if they did, I can actually move forward with buying a beach pass at one of the local hotels. Nothing like having some unexpected stressful vacatino crap to deal with right before actually going on vacation.

Blue Lagoon is your favorite beach excursion? I am a beach person, I have done it and was not that impressed. Never been much impressed with Nassau at all. Loosing one hour there is not a big deal.

I have been on Allure twice and it is the ship that is the real destination when you go on Allure of the Seas. You don't and should not be booking it for the ports. No reason to be stressed out. There is more to do on the ship that can be done in a weeks vacation.

I personally wouldn't be bothered at all but it does not mean everyone has to feel like I do. If someone's favorite excursion is affected, it IS affecting their cruise. Some posters here seems to think just because they don't mind the change, nobody should.

I think a small token credit like $25 or even $10 or $20 would be nice. Not necessary, but nice. Maybe a little more for those whose excursions are affected, but they will have to contact RCCL themselves. It's not an automatic.

But from RCCL's point of view I don't think they need to pay more than a token to all cruisers. Let face it, it is well known these are destination ships and more than average percentage of cruisers are there for the ship and likely won't be deeply bothered by the slightly shorter port time. Obviously RCCL calculated that it would be a waste to automatically give out any amount. Those who truly feel let down are a small portion and they can talk to RCCL on a case by case basis. Overall I agree with RCCL's position.

Still, it does not mean those who do feel let down have no right to feel that way.

Edited by mdwcruises

They should give a credit' date=' that could be used towards another cruise.[/quote']

I quite agree.

Each affected passenger should get a future cruise credit redeemable for a cruise on the Empress of the Seas, the Monarch of the Seas, or the Sovereign of the Seas.

Blue Lagoon is your favorite beach excursion? I am a beach person, I have done it and was not that impressed. Never been much impressed with Nassau at all. Loosing one hour there is not a big deal.

I have been on Allure twice and it is the ship that is the real destination when you go on Allure of the Seas. You don't and should not be booking it for the ports. No reason to be stressed out. There is more to do on the ship that can be done in a weeks vacation.

This is all personal choice....you can't criticize someone because they like something that you don't....losing an hour there may not be a big deal to you but others may feel different....

And for some people the ship is not the primary reason for a cruise...for me personally I love Oasis class ships and it is my primary reason for choosing, but for others it's not....you can't tell someone that they shouldn't book a cruise for the ports....that's YOUR opinion....

This is all personal choice....you can't criticize someone because they like something that you don't....losing an hour there may not be a big deal to you but others may feel different....

And for some people the ship is not the primary reason for a cruise...for me personally I love Oasis class ships and it is my primary reason for choosing, but for others it's not....you can't tell someone that they shouldn't book a cruise for the ports....that's YOUR opinion....

I book cruises for ports. But for Allure of the Seas or Oasis, nope. And losing an hour in Nassau is no loss. Nassau is a crummy port. Will be in Nassau in a few weeks and I will go to John Bull which is a great department store on Bay Street, the only thing to do in Nassau that is worth the time, and maybe check out boats at the Atlantis Marina. the cruise line won't tell you about John Bull because they don't pay off the cruise line to be on the cruise line shopping list. I have been to beaches in Nassau, snorkeled in Nassau, and none of that was very good because the tour operators were terrible. They crammed to many on their boats and when we got there they were terrible. Like at Blue Lagoon could only snorkle in a roped area when the best part of the reef was outside that area. The port is only worth two hours and then back on the ship. The only ports I have find worthwhile in the Bahamas are the private islands. Freeport is even worse than Nassau.

Edited by Charles4515

Some posters here seems to think just because they don't mind the change, nobody should.

This has got to be the brightest answer I have read in I dont know how long.

Everybody is flaming the OP because to them -the ship is the destination- or -they have been to Nassau several times- or - they want to have th eship to themselves-

Well, that might be for other people, but not for the OP its clear. We dont know if its the OP first time to Nassau, or they did want to enjoy and make the best of the already super short stop there.

If it happened to me I would be upset and I would also like some type of compensation because I booked a cruise that will stop 7-2 in Nassau and it will not happen, for whatever reason you wanna call it, blame who you want, its just not happening, hence I AM NOT GETTING WHAT I PAID FOR. If it was weather related I would understand and I would appreciate the fact that they are doing it for my own safety and be glad they are not putting me in any risk. But you are taking time out of my already short time in port becaus eof your faulty ship. Why would I have to take the consequences of your faulty ship and not say a thing or be compensated even in the smallest way?

Now I do understand the part of the policy that ports might change for whatever reason. I am ok with that, but again, its because of RCIs faulty ship. Its not because the weather will not allow us to dock, or because Nassau will not let the ship dock, or because they want us to leave earlier. It is RCIs fault. Why would I have to be responisble for it and sacrifice my time on the island?

Flame me all you want but I think the OP has a valid point. OP booked a vacation that will be affected and not be what it was supposed to be because of the companies fault.

Edited by voyager89