walking distance ocho rios

gcam

There is a bar right outside the port area. Take the sideway on the right heading toward the Market Area (in fact the bar/restaurant is attached to the market area). I think it's called Coconuts Bar and Restaurant. They had $2 Red Stripes! Food looked good although we didn't eat. It is open air and you can see the water but there is no beach. Much closer than Margaritaville although Margaritaville is certainly walkable.

Edited by sml3

Isn't Margaritaville right there at the port....basically? I seem to remember walking off the ship, to the end of the dock area and it was in the Island Village right there, correct? Did they move it, or is this Coconuts Bar right at the Dock as well? It would be cool to have another option close by. I don't mind walking to town, but other may not like it as much.

Isn't Margaritaville right there at the port....basically? I seem to remember walking off the ship, to the end of the dock area and it was in the Island Village right there, correct?

You remember correctly ... it's right in Island Village where it's been for years. :)

Note: Sometimes, ships must dock at the other pier (Bond pier) ... but that's only about a 10 minute or less walk along a paved sidewalk. Taxis will take you if you wish ... about $4 or $5 for two people. We've been to Ocho Rios many times over the years and have only had to dock at the Bond pier once ... but it can happen.

LuLu

~~~~