The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Oops, you're right (I just checked the deck plan). It's flow of the other end of deck 11 that they ruined with the AQ cabins and Tuscan Grill.

In any event, it was still due to Solsticizing.

I'm pretty sure that the Tuscan Grill on Constellation was in place before they put the AQ cabins on deck 11. It is in the area where some of the M class ships had a sports bar or flower shop.

Tuscan Grill was added several years ago. It replaced the "Conservatory", total wasted space.

The kids zone was moved to port side of the Reflection Lounge.

The former running track on 11 and the aft kid's zone now houses the new AQ cabins.

I'm pretty sure that the Tuscan Grill on Constellation was in place before they put the AQ cabins on deck 11. It is in the area where some of the M class ships had a sports bar or flower shop.

Interesting. All I know is that the restaurant was in the location that I would normally want to find an entrance to the elevators on that deck. I was on Summit before it was Solisticized and did not remember it being out of whack like that.

Partially Solisticiising. Mainly Revenue. More cabins=more passengers=more revenue. Can't blame them since business is business and they must keep an eye on the bottom line.

Well, doesn't Solisticizing = More Revenue?

Adious amigos, nobody is forcing you to stay.

Some people may still want to applaud /complain/ criticise/ voice their opinion on the new CC and how they are affected. I am still waiting for some to get back as to how they went with their enquiries to X about their respective situations.:D

I'm thinking their silence says a lot.

Adious amigos, nobody is forcing you to stay.

Some people may still want to applaud /complain/ criticise/ voice their opinion on the new CC and how they are affected. I am still waiting for some to get back as to how they went with their enquiries to X about their respective situations.:D

My complaints re CC and other issues emailed 10 days ago to Michael Bayley, Celebrity CEO, have gone unanswered so far. However, I'd guess they're dealing with many, many, complaints and we're also in holiday season. Perhaps they'll respond in due course and maybe not. My next two cruises have been booked with other lines who have not reduced my eligibility for status in their programs!

My complaints re CC and other issues emailed 10 days ago to Michael Bayley, Celebrity CEO, have gone unanswered so far. However, I'd guess they're dealing with many, many, complaints and we're also in holiday season. Perhaps they'll respond in due course and maybe not. My next two cruises have been booked with other lines who have not reduced my eligibility for status in their programs!

Yes, you may be right, the answers may take a while to come, if at all.:D

I think if you look at post #119 of the "Captain's Club Revamp-Stinks For Me" thread, you will probably see what the Captain's Club is saying.

That may well be what Orator is reporting that they said to him, but other people have differing cases and therefore they may get slightly different responses. Then again, they may not.

There is no 'loyalty' program anymore, just a 'reward' program now.

You are absolutely correct! In one of her conversations with Captain's Club my wife said that she needed to receive a dictionary for Christmas so she could look up the meaning of "Loyalty." No response from the person on the other end. They didn't even offer to send her a dictionary. This was concerning an issue not discussed on this board.

You are absolutely correct! In one of her conversations with Captain's Club my wife said that she needed to receive a dictionary for Christmas so she could look up the meaning of "Loyalty." No response from the person on the other end. They didn't even offer to send her a dictionary. This was concerning an issue not discussed on this board.

I'll preface this by saying that the changes have not adversely affected me so I obviously don't feel the same as you. But I think that loyalty leads to rewards, I don't see the difference. It seems like you're saying that loyalty means that they should make a special case for you, and you're upset that they're saying they will not.

Until they change them. What has Celebrity done to reduce what you were already eligible for?

I'll preface this by saying that the changes have not adversely affected me so I obviously don't feel the same as you. But I think that loyalty leads to rewards, I don't see the difference. It seems like you're saying that loyalty means that they should make a special case for you, and you're upset that they're saying they will not.

Until they change them. What has Celebrity done to reduce what you were already eligible for?

Very well put!

In that case, they changed the point system, therefore less points now means they are now not eligible for the expected rewards previously.

Celebrity kept their word. They said that no one would lose any of the benefits that they already had. They also did what many on here wanted and that was for it to be harder to reach the Elite level. Seems to me, that those should be upset with the Elites that wanted it to be harder for other cruisers.

I believe that you misunderstand my intent. Read my far too many posts and you'll see that my individual situation has been remedied by the current 25 point promotion. I have consistenty said that I have problems with HOW the program was implemented and the missed opportunity for marketing cruises. I have raised questions about limiting the 25 point promotion to only those booking AQ or higher. I argued that those who would have been at a new level upon completing a cruise that stated when the new program was announced should have been allowed that cruise to be counted under the old program. None of these things affect me in any way. I have also expressed concern about what at least to me appears to be a new attitude at the Miami Office. I have provided specific expamples to support my argument.

I think that there is sometimes a tendency for some to pick out one or two things, place them in their own context and then run with it. I can say that it's not about me from now to forever, but most of the posters don't know me and wouldn't a word I'd say. Many do know me and I trust I've provided some help. Received an e-mail from a very frequent cruiser this morning asking about my strategy to get to the next level. I outlined it here and was happy to provide him with additional information. You may believe this or not: I really enjoy cruising on Celebrity ships and feel a real sense of reward when a new cruiser comes up to me and says that I have helped them via Cruise Critic. isn't what this should really be about?

Edited by Orator

Celebrity kept their word. They said that no one would lose any of the benefits that they already had. They also did what many on here wanted and that was for it to be harder to reach the Elite level. Seems to me, that those should be upset with the Elites that wanted it to be harder for other cruisers.

In a way they probably are, I know I am to a certain degree in any case.

It is like 'we have reached Elite level and now don't want anyone else to get to there as it is getting to common and less Elite'.

Edited by MicCanberra

I believe that you misunderstand my intent. Read my far too many posts and you'll see that my individual situation has been remedied by the current 25 point promotion. I have consistency said that I have problems with HOW the program was implemented and the missed opportunity for marketing cruises. I have raised questions about limiting the 25 point promotion to only those booking AQ or higher. I argued that those who would have been at a new level upon completing a cruise that stated when the new program was announced should have been allowed that cruise to be counted under the old program. None of these things affect me in any way. I have also expressed concern about what at least to me appears to be a new attitude at the Miami Office. I have provided specific expamples to support my argument.

I think that there is sometimes a tendency for some to pick out one or two things, place them in their own context and then run with it. I can say that it's not about me from now to forever, but most of the posters don't know me and wouldn't a word I'd say. Many do know me and I trust I've provided some help. Received an e-mail from a very frequent cruiser this morning asking about my strategy to get to the next level. I outlined it here and was happy to provide him with additional information. You may believe this or not: I really enjoy cruising on Celebrity ships and feel a real sense of reward when a new cruiser comes up to me and says that I have helped them via Cruise Critic. isn't what this should really be about?

I agree and I do believe you as well.:D

In a way they probably are, I know I am to a certain degree in any case.

It is like 'we have reached Elite level and now don't want anyone else to get to there as it is getting to common and less Elite'.

That is exactly what some Elites have been saying since I joined Cruise Critic. They said there were too many, it was too crowded and, most of all, it was too easy to get Elite (even thought I would bet my house on the fact that many used short cruises to get their as well). So Celebrity changed that and now they are not happy. I think they thought they would be taken care of and the rest would have to cruise longer and longer to become Elite.

I believe that you misunderstand my intent. Read my far too many posts and you'll see that my individual situation has been remedied by the current 25 point promotion. I have consistently said that I have problems with HOW the program was implemented and the missed opportunity for marketing cruises. I have raised questions about limiting the 25 point promotion to only those booking AQ or higher. I argued that those who would have been at a new level upon completing a cruise that stated when the new program was announced should have been allowed that cruise to be counted under the old program.

I agree that the switch-over was handled poorly (especially the way it happened before the announcement even occurred). It also would have been nice to have the 25 point promotion apply to more cabins (I had previously complained about it only being for AQ and above and was the one who asked for the number of cabins this actually applied to). I also don't fully understand the how they came up with 25 point bonus given to me during the conversion; all I know is that in my case it will still allow me to (barely) become Elite with my 7 night Concierge Class sailing in February, as I had planned when I booked the cruise. I'm guessing their goal was to have customers be exactly that type of cruise away from Elite if they were 2 credits away previously (which would be 7 nights in Concierge = 35, or 12 nights in Veranda = 36). of course, for some people that didn't work out.

Edited by MisterBill99

I agree that the switch-over was handled poorly (especially the way it happened before the announcement even occurred). It also would have been nice to have the 25 point promotion apply to more cabins (I had previously complained about it only being for AQ and above and was the one who asked for the number of cabins this actually applied to). I also don't fully understand the how they came up with 25 point bonus given to me during the conversion; all I know is that in my case it will still allow me to (barely) become Elite with my 7 night Concierge Class sailing in February, as I had planned when I booked the cruise. I'm guessing their goal was to have customers be exactly that type of cruise away from Elite if they were 2 credits away previously (which would be 7 nights in Concierge = 35, or 12 nights in Veranda = 36). of course, for some people that didn't work out.

You are correct in your interpretation of the "extra" points. The problem is that some got them, some didn't. Also they only gave these points if one was less than Elite. No extras if you needed a few points to get to Elite+. The assertion that everyone was treated equally appears not to be completely correct. I base this conclusion on what has been said in posts by those who were at a new level following their cruise and conversations I had with people on both Silhouette and Connie.

Edited by Orator

The way I understood it, they gave bonus points to those close to elite (7, 8 and 9 points), to keep them in the same position they were in prior to the change. Even though I'm sure that there are some that feel that it should be harder for them to become Elite, since some have been complaining that there were too many Elites. I think they also listened to those that have been complaining for years that it is unfair to reach the tiers using the shorter cruises, thus for those with 7, 8 or 9 points would have to take 7 night or more cruises to get to Elite.

Someone with 7 points received 210 points, plus 30 bonus points for 240. That leaves them 60 points short - which would be three cruises (might not be the ones the customer was planning) seven nights in inside or oceanview, but is still only 3 cruises short. Which left them in the same position they were in prior to the change.

Same goes with someone with 8 points. They were 35 points short of Elite after the change. 1 cruise in a veranda cabin and one in an inside would get them to Elite.

Same goes for those with 9 points. They were 1 cruise short and 1 seven night cruise in an inside or oceanview would get them to Elite.

I think Celebrity did a wonderful thing for those that were close to Elite, since Elite was the top tier prior to the change. Since there was no Elite+ or Zenith, I'm sure they felt that since the posters were not close to that goal (since there wasn't these tiers) prior to the change, they would not give them bonus points. And for those with 1 to 6 points, I guess they might have felt that they were not close enough to Elite to give them bonus points.

Are some going to think that it is not fair because they personally didn't get the bonus points, sure, but then there are always those that want it all or want to be treated special by the cruise line. I particularly loved the comment that they are now considered a 3rd class customer of Celebritys, because they are still Elite and there are two tiers above them now. Really, all this fuss over a few perks, but I guess some really feel that they have to be upgraded to that next tier or they are not being treated special by Celebrity.