The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Your cruises AND the number of days on the sailings should be in your sailing history in your "My Celebrity". :)

I understand that. Celebrity does not gave the manpower or technology to go back and calculate each and every past cruise to add up the number of days for each cruise taken. Impossible. They will have to do what RCI did. They can't get their website corrected so this would be an impossible task.

Edited by cruisingator2

Under the current system We are currently Select with 6 points (41 nights) with our cruises booked in we will be Elite with 10 points and (66 nights). Presuming that they use the RCI conversion rates,

What does that make us now? How many points?

and what will we be after the two future cruises?

:D

You didn't give enough information to be sure, but here is one scenario(assuming that Celebrity follows RCL exactly and creates Elite + at the same level as Diamond +)" All I know is 2 cruises, 25 nights and you expected to get at least 4 credits.

Current credits - 6 will convert to 45 points

1st cruise (assumed 11 nights in Concierge which would have been 2 credits) - 22 points

2nd cruise (assumed 14 nights in Concierge which would have been 3 credits) - 28 points

New total 95 points which would qualify as Diamond on RCL (takes 80) or Elite on Celebrity (again, assuming the same new scale)

You would be quite a ways away from Elite + or Diamond + (175 points). 6 or 7 cruises of 7 nights in Concierge or above using either method of accrual.

If they don't change, you would have 11 credits and still be Elite

I understand that. Celebrity does not gave the manpower or technology to go back and calculate each and every past cruise to add up the number of days for each cruise taken. Impossible. They will have to do what RCI did. They can't get their website corrected so this would be an impossible task.

Have you checked your cruise history lately, all this info is there.

Have you checked your cruise history lately, all this info is there.

I FULLY understand that but do you really think the X has the manpower to go back and look at each cruise for each and every Captain's Club member to calculate cruise days? If that were the case then RCI would have done it that way as the same information is posted there also. It would take them years to do it this way. Much easier for them to just take total points and multiply by a certain number which is what RCI did.

Edited by cruisingator2

I FULLY understand that but do you really think the X has the manpower to go back and look at each cruise for each and every Captain's Club member to calculate cruise days? If that were the case then RCI would have done it that way as the same information is posted there also. It would take them years to do it this way. Much easier for them to just take total points and multiply by a certain number which is what RCI did.

Ummmm...we have been waiting what seems like years. :)

In my cruise history on the Celebrity website, it shows both the number of nights sailed for each cruise as well as the cabin category.

It would be a simple thing to calculate exactly how many nights I have sailed and what bonus points should be assigned for the cabin category. So it is not necessary for them to estimate using a ballpark formula. They can be totally fair and accurate if they want to be.

Celebrity hasn't been around as long as RCI has been. Other cruise lines have gone back and looked at actual days. That's what NCL did when they switched from cruises to days.

Since you are already Elite, I doubt they will take it away. Of course, you know what they say about when you "assume." :rolleyes::D No one yet knows if the current benefits will change, so while you will probably still be Elite, the benefits may not be exactly the same. All of this is pure speculation. Folks are getting their knickers in a twist without knowing if there is something to be upset about.:D

With Royal, they did change the benefits in that Diamond could no longer access the concierge lounge. At first they said all Diamond would have was an (note singular) event. In other words, no nightly happy hour besides not being able to have the amenities of the concierge lounge like the specialized coffee and concierge available to help you out.

Huge big fuss went up and they back tracked that they would have a nightly happy hour BUT only house wine and champagne, with drinks for sale with a 25% discount. No appetizers, no soda. They gave in on the soda after the first couple of cruises and let you have that.

If it was one of the newer ships with a dedicated concierge lounge, they did have most of the concierge lounge amenities like specialized coffee, mixed drinks, and appetizers so it made little difference other than the concierge was only available during certain hours. Actually worked out better as the lounge was nicer (view) vs. concierge lounge with no windows. The biggest difference now is that children are not allowed in the Diamond lounge after a certain time but are in the concierge lounge (suite guests pushed for that). I've not been on one of the ships with a dedicated lounge so I could be in error with some of this.

As the ships are being refurbished, they are attempting to add dedicated Diamond lounges to all of them is my understanding. Again, could be wrong.

Whatever they do won't cause me to look elsewhere for cruises. I look at itinerary/price. If they throw in some perks, good for me. If they don't--Oh well. I've lived with out them on other lines and been just fine.

Tucker in Texas

It would take no manpower, the info is there. If you took a 7 day cruise in an S cabin it reflects the seven days as well as the double points. if you sailed on a 14 day cruise in a C3 cabin it reflects 14 days as well as the triple credits.

The reason Royal did their calculations the way they did was to make sure no one lost status and those within a cruise or two of the next level would be able to achieve that. It had absolutely nothing to do with having to hire extra employees to count days and points on an abacus.

Celebrity's website may not be primo but it's not archaic.

Edited by Oville

With Royal, they did change the benefits in that Diamond could no longer access the concierge lounge. At first they said all Diamond would have was an (note singular) event. In other words, no nightly happy hour besides not being able to have the amenities of the concierge lounge like the specialized coffee and concierge available to help you out.

Huge big fuss went up and they back tracked that they would have a nightly happy hour BUT only house wine and champagne, with drinks for sale with a 25% discount. No appetizers, no soda. They gave in on the soda after the first couple of cruises and let you have that.

If it was one of the newer ships with a dedicated concierge lounge, they did have most of the concierge lounge amenities like specialized coffee, mixed drinks, and appetizers so it made little difference other than the concierge was only available during certain hours. Actually worked out better as the lounge was nicer (view) vs. concierge lounge with no windows. The biggest difference now is that children are not allowed in the Diamond lounge after a certain time but are in the concierge lounge (suite guests pushed for that). I've not been on one of the ships with a dedicated lounge so I could be in error with some of this.

As the ships are being refurbished, they are attempting to add dedicated Diamond lounges to all of them is my understanding. Again, could be wrong.

Whatever they do won't cause me to look elsewhere for cruises. I look at itinerary/price. If they throw in some perks, good for me. If they don't--Oh well. I've lived with out them on other lines and been just fine.

Tucker in Texas

The dedicated Diamond lounges are very nice--at least the one on Allure. The "Diamond events" aren't as good, since you're limited to wine/champagne/soda. We turned Diamond right after the change, so we have never been in the concierge lounge. Now that we are almost D+, I'm sure that will change too! :D I'm with you, it won't make me change lines. I'm grateful for what they give us. What will be will be.

Tucker in Texas

No exactly. Diamonds access to the lounges was removed in March 2009. The conversion from credit to points was in January 2011. The change in benefits had nothing to do with the conversion.

M

The dedicated Diamond lounges are very nice--at least the one on Allure. The "Diamond events" aren't as good, since you're limited to wine/champagne/soda. We turned Diamond right after the change, so we have never been in the concierge lounge. Now that we are almost D+, I'm sure that will change too! :D I'm with you, it won't make me change lines. I'm grateful for what they give us. What will be will be.

Gee, I thought someone told me they did have mixed drinks. Shows how much I remember/know.

Tucker in Texas

The Diamond events have been replaced with Diamond Lounges on most ships and these lounges offer the same drinks and snacks as the Concierge Lounge.

Edited by Oville

Hi Everyone,

I know the announcement is today, been confirmed by Captains Club.

Here is the first definite change:

POINTS SYSTEM - Celebrity is changing the way you can earn credits for your loyalty status. Points will be rewarded for a variety of reasons (details to still be confirmed) but have been told will be length and cabin type.

Also it seems Celebrity is using extra points to entice customers to book. In an upcoming Celebrity Cruises campaign customers will be offered additional points if they book before a certain date. Sorry TA's aren't allowed to say much more than that at the moment, that's all I can give you about this.

Keep the new details posted here everyone as and when they come out (full details will be known by the end of today/tomorrow.)

I'm thinking someone does not know what "confirmed" means, since there are no actual details, nor really any information at all. I don't see how vague rumors can be "confirmation" of anything.

I'm thinking someone does not know what "confirmed" means, since there are no actual details, nor really any information at all. I don't see how vague rumors can be "confirmation" of anything.

But of course Celebrity Cruises added fuel to the rumor fire by posting on Facebook and here about the Captains Club "You've spoken, we've listen, stay tuned."

Your cruises AND the number of days on the sailings should be in your sailing history in your "My Celebrity". :)

I actually was looking for it earlier and only thing that was listed was my upcoming cruise...lol no clue where it is but i believe i was looking in the right place.

I actually was looking for it earlier and only thing that was listed was my upcoming cruise...lol no clue where it is but i believe i was looking in the right place.

There is a place on "My Celebrity" that says "Cruise History". You should be able to find your past cruises and days of sailing there. :)