What to do in the Bahamas besides beaches

Giantfan13

We are sailing the Carnival Splendor into the Bahamas mid February. We do not do beaches or much sun for that matter as I have had a bout with melanoma, so what are our options for some fun?.

We are both seniors and can get around, and my DW loves to shop, but we do not want to spend the two days there just shopping.

We will be in Nassau and Freeport, and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Len

I can't answer your question, as I haven't been there ... I am bumping your post with the hopes that someone answers you! Good luck! Did I read somewhere that there is a distillery in Nassau that you can visit? ... I just did a quick google search and it's called John Watling's Distillery ... free rum tastings, too! :D

• 2 weeks later...

The rum tasting sounds like something we might be interested in.

We usually don't do bars, but like to sight see and see what the country has to offer, if you know what I mean.

Are there attractions that do not require swim suits and sand?

Cheers

Len

I visited John Watlings last week. We loved it. The property is nice and the rum was excellent. You can buy drinks as well, we loved the Mojitos. I would recommend visiting. The walk from port is about 10-15 minutes. We did a walking tour from Frommers and just added the distillery. We saw the Queens staircase, Fort Fincastle, and other hostorical sites. It was a good day. The walking tour it self maybe takes 2 hours.

This a small & quick tour of a great little zoo that doesn't cost much at all. They have marching flamingos!! Flamingos galore that you can walk right up to...Peacocks everywhere and you can feed the Lory Parrots. We really enjoyed this. You can catch the Jitney for about $1.50 one way. Here is the link..

http://www.ardastra.com/