Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

Please find that post and post at least a pointer here. This is how rumors start....I thought I saw!!!

Celebrity has been very consistent....no one has gotten bonus points to boost them into elite.

GHstudio...you need to quote what I said, and NOT what you think I said! Let's play fair...you are reading posts way to fast...this is what you said!

Edited by Lastdance

I called the Captains Club and they confirmed that even though my cruise in 3 weeks would have made us both Select under the old system, the new system leaves us 10 points short. And they also said that they are giving bonus points for people in my situation but only for those between Select and Elite, not Classic and Select. And there's nothing they can do.

Really annoyed now. They should grandfather people in my situation or provide bonus points just like they're doing to get to Elite.

I wouldn't be as frustrated if I knew this 3 months ago when I made final payment and could change my mind about the extra cost of Concierge Class. But now it's too late and the perks that they advertised are being taken away. That's called false advertising in my opinion.

I followed it up with an email and will continue to correspond with Celebrity and probably Michael Bayley, the President/CEO until this is fixed.

Life is so unfair, isn't it?:rolleyes:

I thought I saw...shouldn't you have put that in blue? Just because someone says it on CC, doesn't mean it's true either! So, now I'm starting rumors...what is your problem? You are very rude, in my opinion, with your words.:eek:
Also, it is so good to know that you have all the answers to all of our questions...posting is your job with Celebrity? I think NOT! Edited by Lastdance

I called the Captains Club and they confirmed that even though my cruise in 3 weeks would have made us both Select under the old system, the new system leaves us 10 points short. And they also said that they are giving bonus points for people in my situation but only for those between Select and Elite, not Classic and Select. And there's nothing they can do.

Really annoyed now. They should grandfather people in my situation or provide bonus points just like they're doing to get to Elite.

I wouldn't be as frustrated if I knew this 3 months ago when I made final payment and could change my mind about the extra cost of Concierge Class. But now it's too late and the perks that they advertised are being taken away. That's called false advertising in my opinion.

I followed it up with an email and will continue to correspond with Celebrity and probably Michael Bayley, the President/CEO until this is fixed.

While I can understand your disappointment this is not false advertising. I suggest that you read the terms and conditions of the Captain's Club program. The last sentence states:

Note: the Captain's Club program and inclusive member benefits are subject to change without notice.

They gave covered themselves in this situation. Nothing is guaranteed.

Edited by cruisingator2

If Celebrity is reading this thread, they will certainly get the bad vibes that have many people upset. If they really wanted to keep the loyal CC guests happy, extend a bonus set of points. 50 points would make the transition more equitable. I am sure that Celebrity never imagined all the ways that the conversion would affect guests. Too many different situations. I was elite on the old system...and will stay elite on the new system for many years to come. The point difference between the 300 for elite and the 750 for elite plus is extreme. I have been elite for a long time. I enjoy the benefits. As an elite when it is the top level, I get the feeling that I am a valued guest on Celebrity/Azamara. Those benefits are valuable to me. People enjoy feeling that Celebrity values them as loyal guests. Everything previously stated that Celebrity values the "elites as their most loyal guests." With the change, it seems that "elites" will no longer valued as their most loyal guests. Elites will be the 3rd class.

While I can understand your disappointment this is not false advertising. I suggest that you read the terms and conditions of the Captain's Club program. The last sentence states:

Note: the Captain's Club program and inclusive member benefits are subject to change without notice.

They gave covered themselves in this situation. Nothing is guaranteed.

Completely understand but then don't give the "bonus points" to Select members in the same position.

I also saw that post, but since I had the same exact wording, I asked what their status said and the poster said Elite. But I would question if they looked at their status or just the message.

Here was the message with regard to the bonus points: In the conversion, you were so close to Elite level, we moved you up by awarding you bonus points.

Here was the posters post: I had 9 credits with Celebrity = 270 points.

Since we were only 1 point away from being Elite (in our own right:)) Celebrity gave us 16 points making our new credits 286.

In the conversion, you were so close to Elite level, we moved you up by awarding you bonus points.

So, according to Celebrity Elite is not at 300 points....???

I questioned it, because they have 286 points like other posters who are saying they are one cruise away with 286 points. Don't believe Celebrity would up one customer that had less than 300 points and not up everyone who had 286 or more points.

If I remember correctly that poster said they were elite but it was as a ricprical from being Diamond on RCL

If Celebrity is reading this thread, they will certainly get the bad vibes that have many people upset. If they really wanted to keep the loyal CC guests happy, extend a bonus set of points. 50 points would make the transition more equitable. I am sure that Celebrity never imagined all the ways that the conversion would affect guests. Too many different situations. I was elite on the old system...and will stay elite on the new system for many years to come. The point difference between the 300 for elite and the 750 for elite plus is extreme. I have been elite for a long time. I enjoy the benefits. As an elite when it is the top level, I get the feeling that I am a valued guest on Celebrity/Azamara. Those benefits are valuable to me. People enjoy feeling that Celebrity values them as loyal guests. Everything previously stated that Celebrity values the "elites as their most loyal guests." With the change, it seems that "elites" will no longer valued as their most loyal guests. Elites will be the 3rd class.

Sorry but this post is ridiculous. If you feel like 3rd class then no one is making you feel this way but you.

I think I am going to need to stay away from this type thread. Too many woe is me people.:rolleyes:

All the new elite plus and zenith members were elites on Friday so I really don't see your point.

If Celebrity is reading this thread. Even though I'm Select (will be Elite with one more concierge cruise), I feel like a first class customer. You have done an outstanding job on the new program and the conversion of all of us over to it. Celebrity has show all customers that they are valued as loyal customers, whether they be Classic, Select, Elite, Elite+ or Zenith.

Many Elites wanted a slower progression of passengers to the next level and you gave them what they wanted. Great job!

I look forward to all the details to be released on your website tomorrow; I'm sure there will be more things that will show us how valued we are in the eyes of Celebrity.

Thank you!

I agree...they get an A for program design....and grandfathering everyone...as well as adjusting so those that needed one more cruise to get to an announced level. They get a D on roll out....earned by their IT department.

In my mind, There is one problem area which hopefully they will address tomorrow...folks past their final payment date who had a reasonable expectation of getting old cruise points. Let's see what comes out...

It would be fantastic if Celebrity would allow those that are unhappy and are past their final payment to cancel their cruises without any penalty.

Let me get this straight....someone will feel poorly treated because others who cruised Celebrity much more than they did will get a higher tier because they earned it. And this someone feels poorly because others are getting benefits that person didn't earn by cruising as much as those getting the benefits, and the Line is suppose to give that particular person more points they didn't earn so they get the bene's others are getting because they cruised on that Line more.

OK, got it. I'm sure Corporate will jump right on that.

if someone feels they are 2nd or 3rd or 5th Class because there are tiers above the tier they Earned.....I'll leave it there. Just be glad there isn't a Supreme Grand Wizard Zenith Tier at 10,000 pts and we'd all feel 2nd class!

Den

It would be fantastic if Celebrity would allow those that are unhappy and are past their final payment to cancel their cruises without any penalty.

Using the strictest definition of "fantastic" - a concept based in fantasy - you are correct.

To think they would give up what is essentially money in the bank because someone isn't going to get something they were told all along was not a promise, but instead program subject to change at any time without notice; is entirely delusional.

Harris

Denver, CO

Let me get this straight....someone will feel poorly treated because others who cruised Celebrity much more than they did will get a higher tier because they earned it. And this someone feels poorly because others are getting benefits that person didn't earn by cruising as much as those getting the benefits, and the Line is suppose to give that particular person more points they didn't earn so they get the bene's others are getting because they cruised on that Line more.

if someone feels they are 2nd or 3rd or 5th Class because there are tiers above the tier they Earned.....I'll leave it there. Just be glad there isn't a Supreme Grand Wizard Zenith Tier at 10,000 pts and we'd all feel 2nd class!

Den

I really like the way that you roll":D:D

Using the strictest definition of "fantastic" - a concept based in fantasy - you are correct.

To think they would give up what is essentially money in the bank because someone isn't going to get something they were told all along was not a promise, but instead program subject to change at any time without notice; is entirely delusional.

Harris

Denver, CO

Well, I'm guessing that is what those that are really unhappy want.

We also cruise with Royal Caribbean. We are Diamond and will never make Diamond+ or Pinnacle. We have never felt like third class guests. The Diamond+ and Pinnacle do get to use the concierge lounge, but the Diamond lounges they are putting on all ships are lovely and the quality of the snacks and beverages is every bit the same and as free as they are in the other lounge used by higher levels and suite guests.

My guess is that Celebrity will have another venue for the Elite+ and Zenith guests to enjoy their evening event and the regular Elite will have the big lounge on the upper deck or, if the group is too large, vouchers for free alcoholic beverages as has been done on some cruises with many Elite members. I don't think I'll lose much in the new program. Maybe priority tender tickets at most.

We are Elite on Celebrity and I don't expect that Celebrity will make me feel any less a valued guest than Royal Caribbean does at my Diamond level.

Both lines are well known for their excellently trained crews and for the most part, the crew members don't know what level you are, they just give you great service.

If you are Elite, you are still top level on Azamara, so why not cruise with them?

Den

I think that some Elites thought that they should be given a free ride to the top new tier, Zenith, no matter how many points they had and then everyone else would have a difficult time reaching the higher levels.

We also cruise with Royal Caribbean. We are Diamond and will never make Diamond+ or Pinnacle. We have never felt like third class guests. The Diamond+ and Pinnacle do get to use the concierge lounge, but the Diamond lounges they are putting on all ships are lovely and the quality of the snacks and beverages is every bit the same and as free as they are in the other lounge used by higher levels and suite guests.

My guess is that Celebrity will have another venue for the Elite+ and Zenith guests to enjoy their evening event and the regular Elite will have the big lounge on the upper deck or, if the group is too large, vouchers for free alcoholic beverages as has been done on some cruises with many Elite members. I don't think I'll lose much in the new program. Maybe priority tender tickets at most.

We are Elite on Celebrity and I don't expect that Celebrity will make me feel any less a valued guest than Royal Caribbean does at my Diamond level.

Both lines are well known for their excellently trained crews and for the most part, the crew members don't know what level you are, they just give you great service.

If you are Elite, you are still top level on Azamara, so why not cruise with them?

I agreed with you until I got to the part about the crew not knowing your level. I had to laugh at that one, since there are a lot of snobs who make sure the crew know exactly what their level is and that they expect special treatment. I've seen it. It isn't pretty. :D

ITA!!! Some think we should just be satisfied with the way things are. If I'm a LONG TIME loyal customer I want to be/feel valued.

Satisfied customers don't stay loyal, Happy customers do.

To NLH Arizona - just a quick question off topic - your dog is adorable - what breed is he/she.

Secondly, to everyone: I think Celebrity has done a great job of putting this together. So many people complained that they needed to make it harder to achieve these extra benefits (too many Elites) and that there should be higher levels. Now so many are complaining about exactly what was asked for. I ask you - can Celebrity ever win with this group?!