Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

I would like to know that also. If 30 points is one cruise that bonus is almost equal to two cruises.

Who knows...but there has to be more to the conversion than just multiplying by 30 (& possibly adding 50) or else why wouldn't they just keep the system that's in place but just add higher levels? I guess there's no use speculating. We'll find out when they're good & ready, right? :D

Oops , should that be 30 points per point.

I'd guess that's what existing points will be converted at.

But I wouldn't be so certain about new points.

Note that the new tier starts from 2 points. That's a fifteenth of a current tier point, so not currently possible.

I'm guessing the new program earn rate will be 1 point per night for an inside, with bonuses possible as at present. If so, that would mean a lower earning rate than at present.

Didn't RCL do something similar when they changed their system?
But Royal changed from counting cruises to counting days, and couldn't count past days accurately so they worked up the formula. X is not going to be counting days, apparently.

why wouldn't they just keep the system that's in place but just add higher levels?
Devaluing the points makes it possible to give a few out here and there as incentives. Say, spending in the shops or dining in the extra-cost restaurants ...

But Royal changed from counting cruises to counting days, and couldn't count past days accurately so they worked up the formula. X is not going to be counting days, apparently.

Devaluing the points makes it possible to give a few out here and there as incentives. Say, spending in the shops or dining in the extra-cost restaurants ...

Re: devaluing: Yes, I guess that makes sense.

Good morning.

I spoke with a Captain's Club rep this morning because I found the website to be confusing and contradictory. Under the current system, I will be Select after my next cruise and I was concerned with what I saw on the website as 150 points to become Select and not knowing how it was going to be calculated.

I was informed that the website is NOT complete. It will take a few more days until it is complete. The rep did say that no one will lose any 'standing' (for lack of a better word). She also did not 'promise' that I will be Select after January cruise, she did say that we will all by happy and no one will lose anything that they currently have (in other words ;) ;) DH and I will be Select after January cruise -but she can't promise anything).

Who knows...but there has to be more to the conversion than just multiplying by 30 (& possibly adding 50) or else why wouldn't they just keep the system that's in place but just add higher levels? I guess there's no use speculating. We'll find out when they're good & ready, right? :D

I think one of the reasons they are not "keeping the old way" is that it was way to easy to become Elite.

"Qualkity

qual.ki.ty

1 the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind, the degree of something : "the website shows an improvement in qualkity"

....general excellence of standard or level "the Celebrity website sets a new standard of qualkity"

.....(archaic) high social standard "Zenith level is reserved for people of qualkity"

2 a distinctive attribute or characteristic possessed by someone or something "the ad agency that prepared this shows innovative qualkity"

3. The newest level of Celebrity beverage programs "now you can upgrade your Premium package to our new Qualkity level, which includes our specialty, classic, premium, select, elite and all other adjectives we can come up with but never define"

4. Adj. describing a poorly constructed website or other promotional materials "Celebrity has rolled out a qualkity loyalty program, and announced it on its qualkity website"

"

No, that's not the definition of Qualkity

Qualkity is the act of endlessly discussing the details of a program that hasn't even been announced yet. :)

Just curious: Why do we think they're going to throw in 50 extra points as a bonus?

Probably for people who would otherwise end up missing a cutoff to a higher level by just a few points - this was a huge problem when RCI converted a few years ago.

Now if you miss by just a few points Celebrity can point out they already gave you 50 more points than you have actually earned. I think it's a very smart decision by Celebrity.

The Captain’s Club benefits page is now back to the old page and point system (9:30 AM EST).

While I did not see a conversion table, my guess from what was showing earlier is that you will use the points you earned for each cruise and multiply that number (1, 2 or 3) times the number of nights that cruise sailed. As an example a 12 night cruise in a standard cabin would convert to 24 points (12 days x 2 old points = 24 new points).

Just my guess.

Good morning.

I spoke with a Captain's Club rep this morning because I found the website to be confusing and contradictory. Under the current system, I will be Select after my next cruise and I was concerned with what I saw on the website as 150 points to become Select and not knowing how it was going to be calculated.

I was informed that the website is NOT complete. It will take a few more days until it is complete. The rep did say that no one will lose any 'standing' (for lack of a better word). She also did not 'promise' that I will be Select after January cruise, she did say that we will all by happy and no one will lose anything that they currently have (in other words ;) ;) DH and I will be Select after January cruise -but she can't promise anything).

The rep I spoke with said the same thing! You will all be happy with the new levels. I imagine if you called and talked to ten different reps they would say the same thing...

Assuming that elites all continue with the same perks (probably with coupons instead of a party), I don't see all that much plus in elite plus, however anything more is certainly appreciated. I just wonder if there is enough in (what we've seen) elite plus to make folks want to achieve that level....so I'm looking for more detail which is, of course, to come.

The Captains Club rep we just got off the phone with for a different issue, said the 2 new tiers were not suppose to be on the website till next week! Oops... They might have to make their announcement sooner.

LMAO.....their web site department just continues to shoot themselves in the foot. It really is to the point where you just have to laugh....

Assuming that elites all continue with the same perks (probably with coupons instead of a party), I don't see all that much plus in elite plus, however anything more is certainly appreciated. I just wonder if there is enough in (what we've seen) elite plus to make folks want to achieve that level....so I'm looking for more detail which is, of course, to come.

Elite plus looks to have more internet time and some discounts for dining and specialty coffee drinks . It would be nice if they added more complimentary laundy and dry cleaning also - bringing them in line with Princess Elite benefits.

For those sailing longer cruises the internet time and laundry are wonderful.

Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.

(I still have the page open on my browser);)

Probably for people who would otherwise end up missing a cutoff to a higher level by just a few points - this was a huge problem when RCI converted a few years ago..

That statement is just plane erroneous, there was not a huge problem. The RCI formula ensured no one lost status.

Edited by Oville