Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Reviews of the Week by jerber, Scuttle, Almagetty, eroller & Pink35!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Jewel much better than anticipated by jerber

After reading months of Jewel reviews, I was prepared to be a little let down based on the comments of so many. Boy was I wrong! My wife and I are experienced cruisers including working for Cunard. I will try to keep my comments about the ship and crew and not the ports of call. Embarkation was relatively painless, although the construction around the terminal made for a huge traffic jam. Arriving on the ship we were greeted by music and a very welcoming cruise staff, and there was never a let down in the enthusiasm and courtesy for the rest of the cruise. The entire cruise staff had such a positive helpful attitude! Being a cc member I attended a meet and greet and the entire hotel management team showed up. We were given their personal phone extensions and asked that we call with any issues. I don't think they got a call all week! After meeting them I was amazed how often I saw them all week mingling with passengers or overseeing their people to ensure everything ran smoothly. Continue reading... much better than anticipated

Carnival Freedom First Cruise by Scuttle

We (wife & husband) have nothing to compare as this is first time on a cruise. Arrived Ft Lauderdale and stayed overnight at the Hyatt Place FLL Airport & Cruise at Dania Beach, FL. Hotel is a good pre-cruise hotel. Many guest are pre/post cruise so the hotel is geared for that as well as the other clientele they serve. A shopping mall is just a few blocks away. At the mall you are able to buy the last minute items you may need as well as soda, water and wine. A fair amount of restaurants in the area. Right at the intersection where the hotel is located are four fast food restaurants. Food inside hotel good but expensive Continue reading... First Cruise

Marina Spectacular Marina! by Almagetty

Oceania Marina, Cultural Connoisseur, September 27, 2013 – A Review About Us: My husband and I, both in our very early 50’s, booked this cruise aboard the Marina to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We have both cruised extensively on many different lines in the past, but this was our first “O” experience. We have usually cruised with our daughters and extended family. This was the first time in a very long time that we cruised with just each other. We initially had some reservations as to how we would fit in with the passenger demographics on the ship. I can now honestly report that, although we were probably among the youngest 10% or 15% of the passengers on the cruise, we never felt out of place and we met the most wonderful people onboard ... some of the most interesting people that we’ve had the pleasure of meeting in a long time. There was always a good conversation to be had, and we left the ship with many new friends who we hope to be able to travel with again in the future. Continue reading... Spectacular Marina!

Queen Elizabeth Tradition, formality, and civility! It still exists on Cunard. by eroller

My partner and I recently returned from a 12-day Mediterranean cruise onboard Cunard's QUEEN ELIZABETH. This ranks as one of those trips that was just about as near perfect as one could wish for. We flew to Rome nonstop from Miami on Alitalia. The agent took a liking to us and blocked four seats just for us in the center section. Off to a great start! The flight was very comfortable with good service, and it's the first time I've experienced live cameras providing a forward and ground view on the in-seat monitors. I thought that was pretty cool. Upon arrival in Rome we were met by Cunard's airport staff who really went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. They took our luggage and the next time we saw it was in our cabin. We only had to wait about 15 minutes before we were on the bus headed to the ship ... or were we? Actually since we were so early Cunard provided a motor coach mini-tour of Rome before heading to Civitavecchia where the ship was docked. This was certainly an unexpected surprise, and what a difference from our Costa experience in April where we basically had to loiter around the airport for almost four hours before they took us to the ship. Embarking QUEEN ELIZABETH was a breeze, with no lines, no waits, and a very simple check-in process. Disembarkation in Venice 12 days later was just as painless. Continue reading... Tradition, formality, and civility! It still exists on Cunard.

Allure of the Seas RCL Allure of the Seas E. Caribbean Cruise October 2013 by Pink35

RCL Allure of the Seas is a magnificent ship. There are so many options for entertainment, food, sport activities, and relaxation. Overall, I was very pleased with our vacation experience on this ship. I would like to highlight some Pros and Cons: Pros 1. Several different food choices available. There are 7 specialty dining options. I believe there are 22 restaurant options all together. We love the Park Cafe! The Wipe out Cafe serves fresh made to order omelets in the morning. The Chef's Table was well worth the money! Continue reading... RCL Allure of the Seas E. Caribbean Cruise October 2013

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin

Sign in to follow this