Explorer Diamond Event

soxin2000

Could you explain the difference between the Diamond Lounge and a nightly diamond event. We were on the Brilliance repo and loved the Diamond Lounge! We have booked the Explorer and then read that that the Explorer does not have the lounge, just an event. Is it a huge difference???

Thank you,

Christine

The Diamond Event has free wine, champagne, soda and I think beer. Plus you get 25% off cocktails. This is as opposed to the lounge where basic cocktails are free. Also, on many ships the lounge has hot appetizers while the event has nuts or trail mix.

Edited by ktbr11crs

The Diamond Event has free wine, champagne, soda and I think beer. Plus you get 25% off cocktails. This is as opposed to the lounge where basic cocktails are free. Also, on many ships the lounge has hot appetizers while the event has nuts or trail mix.

No beer for Diamond, on the Explorer anyway. Unless it changed in the past several month. We had to get to D+ for my husband to get his beer. He's a happy man now. Just hope they don't change the rules. :rolleyes:

Gwen :)

Edited by cruzinlady1947

Could you explain the difference between the Diamond Lounge and a nightly diamond event. We were on the Brilliance repo and loved the Diamond Lounge! We have booked the Explorer and then read that that the Explorer does not have the lounge, just an event. Is it a huge difference???

Thank you,

Christine

We've been on Allure with a lounge and EX without. Not having the lounge with apps meant we had a snack in the late afternoon since we do late seating. With the lounge on Allure, we had apps instead of a snack. On EX, DH drank wine (as did I), on Allure DH had a screwdriver since it was "free".

Allure has a diamond concierge, EX doesn't.

Edited by BND

I think the difference is huge. However, being Diamond Ill take what I get and be thankful for it. This will be our first time attending the Diamond Event -we are on Explorer. All our other cruises were in GS so we had concierge access. Will be a change but it will still be all good. :)

EOS has a nightly "Diamond Event" held in the "19th Hole." it's the "Golf Bar" on this deck plan: http://voyager-class.com/virtualtour/deck14.html EOS does not have a dedicated Diamond lounge. the event will begin at approximately 5PM and expire at 9PM. Wine and champagne are served along with discounted beer and mixed drinks.

Edited by mbjboyle

Diamond Lounge = :):D

Diamond Event = :(:confused:

But, I will say that one of the best Diamond Events we've ever experienced was on the Vision last December. Great service, and they served hot appetizers and kept them well stocked every evening.

But, I will say that one of the best Diamond Events we've ever experienced was on the Vision last December. Great service, and they served hot appetizers and kept them well stocked every evening.

Can't wait until January when we can finally partake in the DL!

Edited by Colorado Babe

EOS has a nightly "Diamond Event" held in the "19th Hole." it's the "Golf Bar" on this deck plan: http://voyager-class.com/virtualtour/deck14.html EOS does not have a dedicated Diamond lounge. the event will begin at approximately 5PM and expire at 9PM. Wine and champagne are served along with discounted beer and mixed drinks.

They sometimes use the 19th hole as they did a few months ago while onboard. Onboard a few weeks ago they used maharaja's lounge on deck 5. Bartender said they moved because of space issue.

Most be something special about the vision because that was the best we have ever experienced as well!

the last 4 or 5 cruises on the Ex., the dia event was in Maharaja's lounge.

the hours were 5PM to 8:30PM.

the 19th hole lounge was for gold colored sea pass card holders only.

(suite guests & pinnacle)

As has already been said the diamond lounge gathering is a superb asset and most definitely rewards loyal customers.

The diamond event on ships without a lounge always leaves me feeling a bit cold being charged for a beer or even a soft drink when wine and "champagne" are free.

As D+ customers it is less of an issue these days as we can use the concierge lounge but as a diamond member I always struggled to understand the thinking behind the 2 tier approach to different ships.

Henry :)

Our experience has been the opposite -- in the Diamond lounge it has been basic cocktails/win and nuts or trail mix; at the Diamond event it has been cocktails/wine/champagne and finger appetizers. Maybe it depends on the ship and how they handle each.

We are not big drinkers, but enjoy the events as a way to meet other cruisers...so it just adds to our enjoyment of our vacation.

Our experience has been the opposite -- in the Diamond lounge it has been basic cocktails/win and nuts or trail mix; at the Diamond event it has been cocktails/wine/champagne and finger appetizers. Maybe it depends on the ship and how they handle each.

We are not big drinkers, but enjoy the events as a way to meet other cruisers...so it just adds to our enjoyment of our vacation.

I think you have lounges reversed.

They sometimes use the 19th hole as they did a few months ago while onboard. Onboard a few weeks ago they used maharaja's lounge on deck 5. Bartender said they moved because of space issue.

There was no food for the Ds, just nuts, in the Maharaja lounge for the B2B Canada NE cruises in Sept. Our friend is D and so we joined her there and was surprised there was no food for them. They have no D concierge yet, so she was told that was the reason, as other cruises she has had some snacks. D lounge was the 19th Hole for the following Bermuda cruise.

Our D+L was crowded and hard to get a seat, they used the card room. Many D+ were using the Maharaja Lounge as well, because space upstairs was lacking.

We did have a D+ & P breakfast room in the MDR with over flow room as well into the MDR!!

There were Many D, D+ and 20 Ps on board for those 2 NE cruises.

Dinner was 5:30 and then for our next Bermuda cruise back to 6 PM.

Seems the "older passengers" like to eat early we were told??:rolleyes: I think that is an excuse to finish up earlier in the MDR?

Late Show was 8:30PM. Sure was nice to get back to regular times on the Bermuda cruise.

The ship was in great condition we thought and the crew was very good as well!

Edited by CVU