Suite vs Mini Suite

ctemkg

The mini-suites do not get all of the "suite benefits" listed here which go way beyond the few you listed.

And the suites are a bit larger. It's up to you whether the benefits are worth the price.

DH and I go on cruises for the luxury and indulgences, so for us it's usually worth the price. A good friend of mine couldn't care less about that stuff, takes the cheapest inside cabin and also has a wonderful time.

For me, it is wonderful that suite passengers can order from the main dining room menu for room service. This has therefore allowed for wonderful meals on the balcony. For me, this is better than dining at the Eiffel Tower or the Tour 'd Argent.

This perk doesn't send everyone, but for me it is fantastic. Special room service meals while viewing the wonders of Tracy Arm, Snow Pass, and the Lynn Canal are experiences beyond belief.

To each his own, of course.

Bon. Voyage and Bon appetit :) :) :)

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

Zero perks in a mini suite and lots in a full suite. Whether you use all of them will depend on you and the length of your cruise. Just off the Golden for a 3 day trip and didn't use the laundry service for example. Next trip in Apr 14 is 31 days and will use that perk extensivly. Lets me pack as if the trip were ten days and not a month. Fot the most part the cabins are twice the size or better. The wife loves the whirlpool tub (Royal doesn't have them) and I enjoy the huge aft facing balconies in the suites we choose. Breakfast at Sabitinies is probably the best perk of the bunch. I was upset when Princess took away the free internet but our Captains Circle status gets us more than enough minutes. The free dinner at a speciality restaurant is also nice. Did one mini and had the coveted last one on Emerald deck with the double sized balcony. After that it has been nothing but suites and there is no going back. Three more currently booked. There is nothing like the "sweet life" in my opinion.

The free dinner at a speciality restaurant is also nice.

Can someone explain the specialty restaurants a bit. Last trip I went to the MDR and the buffet, not to any of the other restaurants.

What are the different types of restaurant choices on the Sapphire?

What is the general charge for these restaurants?

Does the Suite give us a free meal at one of them?

Does room service deliver the full MDR food to the suites or is it just a better room service menu than the regular cabins?

Thanks.

Edited by ctemkg

Can someone explain the specialty restaurants a bit. Last trip I went to the MDR and the buffet, not to any of the other restaurants.

The Sapphirfe has an Italian specialty restaurant (Sabatini's) and the cover charge is $25. It also has Sterling Steakhouse with the same cover charge. Full suite guests can dine at one of these the first evening with no cover charge.

What are the different types of restaurant choices on the Sapphire?

What is the general charge for these restaurants? See answer to first question for charges. See http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/sa/amenities_publicrooms/personal_choice_dining/ for all dining options,

Does the Suite give us a free meal at one of them? See answer to first question.

See above in red

Thanks caribill for the details and the link. It makes sense to eat at one of the specialty restaurants on the first night since for Suites it saves $25.

Does anyone know about the Suite Room Service? Do they deliver the full MDR food to the suites or is it just a better room service menu than the regular cabins? Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner?

There is usually a huge difference in prices and full suite prices rarely do down. You could take a top price mini guarantee and hope for an upgrade. That is a kind of a compromise.

Right about suites rarely being reduced. On many routes they are sold out first.:D We love them, particularly the aft ones.

Thanks caribill for the details and the link. It makes sense to eat at one of the specialty restaurants on the first night since for Suites it saves $25.

Does anyone know about the Suite Room Service? Do they deliver the full MDR food to the suites or is it just a better room service menu than the regular cabins? Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner?

In a full suite, your cabin steward will bring you the main dining room menu each day for your information and to use to order room service. Some like to have a room service dinner. Some don't care for it since the entire meal is brought at once rather than one course at a time.

In my opinion, you should try a full suite on a relatively short and less expensive cruise to determine if you feel it is worth the cost. If I had to choose between being able to afford cruising in a suite once per year and cruising in a mini-suite twice per year, I would take the mini-suite.

If I had to choose between being able to afford cruising in a suite once per year and cruising in a mini-suite twice per year, I would take the mini-suite.

It looks like the mini suite shower is in the bathtub. What does the mini suite give you besides the extra sitting area compared to a balcony cabin? Are there any other perks?

*** Looks like DrivesLikeMario answered my question while I was still posting it...

Edited by ctemkg

The mini suites on the two little Princess ships are much larger than the normal mini suite on the other ships in the line except for the minis on the Sun, Sea and Dawn which are more like a suite, but you do pay a lot more for them. In fact, the mini's on the rest of Princess ships are really similar to a veranda cabin on some of the other lines eg. HAL and Celebrity.

Whereas the mini suites on HAL (Signature suites) are nearly as large as their full suites which are the Neptune suites.

Jennie

We choose the mini suites over the suites and can usually get them at a reasonable cost. Not that we didn't enjoy the "suite perks," but the cost difference pays for a lot of indulgences we get to pick and choose on our own.

Here's hoping you can enjoy the suite life once and decide for yourself!

No perks for a mini-suite.

Maybe that awful glass of champagne but I honestly don't know if we get it because we are in a mini-suite or Elite. :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

Only suites get the oxigenated vinegar. Elites only get the bar set up.

No perks for a mini-suite.

Maybe that awful glass of champagne but I honestly don't know if we get it because we are in a mini-suite or Elite. :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

Only suites get the carbonated vinegar. Elites only get the bar set up.

Suites DO go on sale in spite of what some people will tell you on these boards. Have seen them on sale anywhere from $50-$2000 in the past depending upon date, itinerary and ship and have provided examples in the past. Have benefited on reductions on suite prices after booking on multiple occasions. Will they be on sale for the cruise you want? Maybe not, but if you are vigilant and check around, you can find deals on suites.

The mini-suites do not get all of the "suite benefits" listed here which go way beyond the few you listed.

A mini is more like a balcony cabin, while a suite is a totally different cruise experience. Suites cost more, and to me they are worth ever dime. If you want to understand it, book a suite.:cool:

Suites DO go on sale in spite of what some people will tell you on these boards. Have seen them on sale anywhere from $50-$2000 in the past depending upon date, itinerary and ship and have provided examples in the past. Have benefited on reductions on suite prices after booking on multiple occasions. Will they be on sale for the cruise you want? Maybe not, but if you are vigilant and check around, you can find deals on suites.

The only suite reductions I've seen are in the smaller suites on less popular routes.;) Usually what happens is that the suites sell out first, and the more popular the route, the faster.