Ft. Lauderdale pre cruise hotel

Flyby

I am just wondering which hotels are good to stay in in FLL before a cruise. Are there some that will drop you off at the port? Also are there any that will let you leave your car there while on the cruise? Thanks for the tips!

our preferred hotel in the area is Embassy Suites on SE17th. The rooms are very large, so it's good for a family. A full breakfast buffet and evening happy hour are included. The pool area is very nice too.

They have a shuttle to/from the airport or pier. It's $7 pp. However, we found it much cheaper to just get a cab for less than $15 including tip to either of those places.

Edited by DonnaK

our preferred hotel in the area is Embassy Suites on SE17th. The rooms are very large, so it's good for a family. A full breakfast buffet and evening happy hour are included. The pool area is very nice too.

They have a shuttle to/from the airport or pier. It's $7 pp. However, we found it much cheaper to just get a cab for less than $15 including tip to either of those places.

I second.

I am just wondering which hotels are good to stay in in FLL before a cruise. Are there some that will drop you off at the port? Also are there any that will let you leave your car there while on the cruise? Thanks for the tips!

We've stayed at the Springhill Suites a few times, and they have a free shuttle to the port.

Also check the Florida Depatures board for more suggestions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We're staying at the Hampton Inn at Fort Lauderdale airport.

The rooms are clean, and, affordable. Hilton Hotel points, Free breakfast, Wi-Fi. They also have cruise parking for a fee, but, not sure how much since we won't have a car. I think it is about the closest hotel to Port Everglades and, they do have shuttle service.

We stay two days pre-cruise.

For us, closest and, cheapest, and, most convenient. ;)

We've stayed at and been very happy with Springhill Suites, Hyatt House and Hyatt Place in Dania Beach which offer shuttle service to the port. We were able to bid $50-$60 a night on Priceline and been quite successful at various times during the year.

Westin Diplomat. Worth a few extra miles into Hollywood FL, and worth a few extra $$$. It's a vacation before your cruise vacation!

At $459 per night, I'd expect it to be very luxurious. Little outta my price range for a pre-cruise hotel, but it looks pretty nice!

We've booked the Crown Plaza, anyone stayed there?

Stayed there a couple of times (Holiday Inn points). It is fine - but more of a "business location."

Rooms are typical Crowne Plaza/Holiday Inn. No really complaints - it's just kind of odd!

Design of hotel is very different. The "lobby" is really non-existent. You check in on the ground floor - right from the parking garage. We took their airport shuttle (free) and it just pulls right into the garage. From there you have to take an elevator to everything - I believe the main floor - restaurant, bar, small outdoor pool, are on the 5th floor (?). There are no "grounds" or outdoor places, or lobby.

We were happy for an overnight prior to a cruise, but wouldn't recommend it for an extended stay. It is just like an office building.

Prefer the Embassy suites on 17th Street.

Westin Diplomat. Worth a few extra miles into Hollywood FL, and worth a few extra $$$. It's a vacation before your cruise vacation!

Concurred! Awesome place! We've stayed there numerous times. As you say, it's a vacation in a vacation. We stay 3-4 nights before our cruise.

At $459 per night, I'd expect it to be very luxurious. Little outta my price range for a pre-cruise hotel, but it looks pretty nice!

One word. Hotwire.

I've never paid even close to half that via hotwire! Will be staying at the Westin Diplomat this time for $110 a night! Awesome deal. Paid $119 the last time and "talked my way" into a suite on the Starwood Preferred guest floor! :D

Stayed there a couple of times (Holiday Inn points). It is fine - but more of a "business location."

Rooms are typical Crowne Plaza/Holiday Inn. No really complaints - it's just kind of odd!

Design of hotel is very different. The "lobby" is really non-existent. You check in on the ground floor - right from the parking garage. We took their airport shuttle (free) and it just pulls right into the garage. From there you have to take an elevator to everything - I believe the main floor - restaurant, bar, small outdoor pool, are on the 5th floor (?). There are no "grounds" or outdoor places, or lobby.

We were happy for an overnight prior to a cruise, but wouldn't recommend it for an extended stay. It is just like an office building.

Prefer the Embassy suites on 17th Street.

I agree 100%. You will need a car / cab to get anywhere. Its clean, but I wouldn't stay here again. My first choice is the Hyatt Place. Here's the link http://ftlauderdaleconventioncenter.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Carol

Embassy suites was a great deal and included happy hour drinks and snacks in the evening and a great breakfast buffet in the morning...including omeletes made to order! Enjoy!

Except on weekend mornings that breakfast buffet is mobbed with pre-cruise guests Hard to find seating.

We've booked the Crown Plaza, anyone stayed there?

We stayed there this past May before our Oasis cruise. We had absolutely NO complaints! Our room was very large and spacious. Everything worked and we loved going out walking around the area. There was a 7/11 (or something) across the street where we grabbed some stuff for the mini-fridge and some sodas for the cruise.

My hubby realized once we got there he forgot his razor. The front desk gal gave us five or six disposable ones for him to take with him on the ship!

I would definitely stay at Crown Plaza again.

Ann

Add another vote for Embassy Suites. We stay there before all of our Ft. Lauderdale departures. I like the rooms, the free, cooked breakfast is great, and the free evening drinks are an added bonus. I love the courtyard where breakfast and drinks are served, and I really like their outside pool area.

If the Ritz Carlton is out of budget, try Hyatt Pier 66. Nice pool area, walkable to restaurants.

We just discovered Last Minute Travel dot com and found FLL hotels to be much cheaper booking on that site.

They Hyatt is a nice hotel, and we walked up and over the bridge to the restaurants. I wouldnt say it was easy at all if you have any mobility problems.

Also stayed at the Embassy in October of this year and wasnt as impressed as everyone else. In fairness, there was tons of construction going and it was very chaotic. Great location though.

We're staying at the Hampton Inn at Fort Lauderdale airport.

The rooms are clean, and, affordable. Hilton Hotel points, Free breakfast, Wi-Fi. They also have cruise parking for a fee, but, not sure how much since we won't have a car. I think it is about the closest hotel to Port Everglades and, they do have shuttle service.

We stay two days pre-cruise.

For us, closest and, cheapest, and, most convenient. ;)

Is this the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port? This is where we are staying and I was wondering how nice it is and how close to the airport and cruise port.