Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Reviews of the Week by Poolguppy, macusr, Singinman, lizinindy & CaribbeanBound!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Carnival Liberty Give me Liberty....and a broken ankle by Poolguppy

This was my seventh cruise, my DH's sixth and our second sailing from Miami. There was a total of 15 of us, seven of whom had never sailed before. We flew into FLL, rented three mini-vans and drove to Miami where we stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Coconut Grove. The hotel was nice, they had a great pool area and the bar, while not fully stocked, met our needs. They also sell Starbucks, which provided a light breakfast for us prior to leaving for the pier. The nearest supermarket was a Publix and was not within walking distance and some of our group found a liquor store but again, it was not close to the hotel. The CocoWalk outdoor mall was within walking distance where we had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and a few drinks at Fat Tuesdays. On embarkation day, we drove to the port, dropped everyone off, took the vans back to the airport and a taxi back to the pier. Our group waited outside the terminal for everyone to return, which took about an hour. Continue reading... Give me Liberty....and a broken ankle

Royal Princess Maiden Caribbean - Royal Princess 5 night by macusr

Background Information Having sailed with Princess several times, I followed the construction progress of Royal Princess with great (one might say obsessive) interest. When this cruise was announced, there was no hesitation about booking it. We had never booked a cruise so far in advance - over 500 days! Travel To Port of Embarkation We flew into Ft. Lauderdale three nights in advance. On our previous FLL departure cruises, we'd only stayed the night before, and we wanted to actually spend more time here, especially on Las Olas Boulevard. Hotel Info We stayed at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Boulevard. It's an older hotel, but we specifically booked a room in the recently renovated Tower section. We had a room on the 12th floor with a view of the downtown area. The room was large and comfortable. The hotel's location worked well for us as there were numerous dining choices along Las Olas, and the water taxi stop was within reasonable walking distance. Continue reading... Maiden Caribbean - Royal Princess 5 night

Grandeur of the Seas Fall Back to Bermuda by Singinman

Day 1, North to Baltimore Packing was easy. We did not have to worry about weight limits or heavy security, because we are driving to the port. We left Newport News, VA at 6:00AM in the dark. I do not think the sun rose until we were in Baltimore five hours later. Seriously, I have cataracts and hate to drive unfamiliar roads in the dark, but everything went well until Miss Shadow, our new car took us on a detour over the Rapahannock River that cost us an hour. Across the Potomac, we encountered heavy traffic, but we got to the pier at about 11:00AM. Gas was cheap in VA and expensive in MY. Parking was $105 for seven nights instead of $115 for eight days. We chose to drive the same day and park at the pier instead of stay one night in a hotel and park free in an unsecured lot. The difference was the new car. We thought a little bit of caution was prudent. There was no wait for the credit card line at the lot which is right at the pier entrance. We thought the whole procedure was well thought out. Continue reading... Fall Back to Bermuda

Eurodam Perfectly lovely! by lizinindy

Arrived in Miami the day of the cruise because non-stop airfare was less expensive than flying into Ft. Lauderdale by hundreds of dollars (kind of a last minute cruise). We investigated the supershuttle but found that renting a car in Miami and returning it to the Budget Port Everglades location and doing the reverse on the way home was a little less--plus we had an evening flight going back home so having the car was a plus. Stopped at the CVS by Budget on 17th St. but alcohol sales don't start 'til noon---alas, no bottles of wine for us! :-( We did buy some candy to fill our small haunted house Halloween treat boxes we gave to our cabin attendants and our Cabana attendants on Halloween (along with pairs of glow in the dark glasses frames for them to wear at the crew Halloween party!) Continue reading... Perfectly lovely!

Celebrity Summit Celebrity Summit and 5 Eastern Caribbean Ports by CaribbeanBound

Part I - Precruise A. Cruise Critic Cruisecritic.com was once again very helpful in securing key information for all of our ports of call and getting to know some of our fellow travelers before the cruise. B. Choice of Route The cruise left from San Juan, Puerto Rico, and traveled to St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, and St. Thomas. This was our first trip to St. Croix and a return visit to the others. We love forts and looked forward to exploring Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park in St. Kitts in more detail this trip. C. Choice of cabin We sailed on the Celebrity Summit. I wanted an opportunity to try the AquaClass cabins and check out BLU, the restaurant for AquaClass passengers. My wife lives on the balcony when we book them so she loved the idea. D. Passports Even though we were boarding in San Juan, PR (a territory of the USA), we were visiting 4 foreign countries, so we felt it would be a good idea to bring passports. This trip we used passport cards. They were accepted without a problem and were so much easier to carry around than the standard passport book. We did bring the passport book with us in case it was needed but was able to leave it locked in the cabin safe the entire trip. Continue reading... Celebrity Summit and 5 Eastern Caribbean Ports

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin

Sign in to follow this