Where did you end up after the Captain's Club Shuffle?

kelmac

What Captain's Club Category are you in?  

573 members have voted

1. 1. What Captain's Club Category are you in?

• I'm not a member of the Captain's Club
    • I'm in Preview
    • I'm in Classic
    • I'm in Select
    • I'm in Elite
    • I'm in Elite Plus
    • I'm in Zenith

We were Elite with 21 credits, so we are still Elite with 630 points. We have a B2B2B booked for next October/November. The bummer is we are in Aqua for the 3 cruises, but the first 2 are each 11 nights. That will give us 630+110=740, just 10 short of Elite + for the TA. Well, I think I will just cancel them all. Dang that mean Celebrity. Oh wait, I like Celebrity. Never mind.

We were Elite with 37 credits, now are Elite Plus. I think I calculated we needed roughly 44 14-night cruises in oceanview cabins to get to Zenith....I don't think that's going to happen, but we'll still enjoy cruising as much as we can.

Edited by CruisinCindy

I am elite. It is fine. Before the new levels were announced I never really thought much about getting to a higher level. It did not exist. Now that the elite plus and zenith levels are in the plan, so many people are expressing their opinions. Some good...some bad. In reality, it does not matter. Elite Plus . I may get there someday. As for Zenith......not in my lifetime. I have a life. I cannot decide whether I admire people who are at the Zenith level or feel sorry for them. I enjoy cruises. I also love other types of vacations....seashore, skiing, cultural events, time with family and friends, shopping in fabulous places, extended visits to places not on cruise ships, etc. To those people who attain the Zenith level, enjoy your free cruise. You deserve it. It will not be me.

Previously Elite was able to go to Michaels Club event and now not eligible anymore until Zenith is reached which is just about impossible--don't like that this was taken away. Even though I don't drink alcohol, I liked the COMPANY OF OTHER WORLDLY CRUISERS.

While I am not sure what a "WORLDLY CRUISER" is, I can assure you that there will be plenty of other cruisers, some very FREQUENT CRUISERS (is that a worldly cruiser) in areas other than Michael's Club. You might meet someone who is a frequent cruiser on another line and does not have access to Michael's Club. Or, you might meet someone who is well traveled (is that worldly?) but on their first cruise.

I will be on cruise 68 this month and do not have access to Michaels Club. I hope to meet other folks , who might be on their first or their 100th cruise. It makes no difference to me.

By the way, as an Elite we've never had any function in Michaels, but in fact have had the cocktail hour in the Sky Lounge.

It is my understanding that Michael's Club is restricted during the cocktail hours only. There are 22 other hours to enjoy the venue. On our last Celebrity cruise (May 2013) every time we went in, it was EMPTY, not just a few here and there, but Empty.

Enjoy the generous benefits.

M

Have been elite since our first Celebrity cruise through the reciprocity with RCCL where we are D+. We are now in love with Celebrity and cruising more often with them. With eight old credits I was given 240 points plus 25 extra points. Grand total of 265 points. Well, I was checking my husband's account and he was not given any credits for our last cruise on the Eclipse. We sailed on a RS for 14 days. I called CC to ask them to add the cruise to his account and instead of giving him the 3 old points or 90 new points he was given 168 points!! Now he has 318 points and I only have 265. The funniest thing is that he doesn't care!! I'm the CC member, I do all the research, I make all the reservations, I check the CC points and who gets the extra points!! Not ME!! :D:D Now the question is, should I call the CC and tell them that they made a mistake? :D:D

Have been elite since our first Celebrity cruise through the reciprocity with RCCL where we are D+. We are now in love with Celebrity and cruising more often with them. With eight old credits I was given 240 points plus 25 extra points. Grand total of 265 points. Well, I was checking my husband's account and he was not given any credits for our last cruise on the Eclipse. We sailed on a RS for 14 days. I called CC to ask them to add the cruise to his account and instead of giving him the 3 old points or 90 new points he was given 168 points!! Now he has 318 points and I only have 265. The funniest thing is that he doesn't care!! I'm the CC member, I do all the research, I make all the reservations, I check the CC points and who gets the extra points!! Not ME!! :D:D Now the question is, should I call the CC and tell them that they made a mistake? :D:D

LOL!!!:D

NO, do not call them - for all of the people on here that felt cheated by the new program consider yourself just retribution.

This poll does not reflect the percentage of each category you will see on a ship.

One of my Zenith friends reported recently that his TA cruise has 600 Elites, 130 Elite+ and 4 Zenith.

That is 0.5% Zenith while the poll returned 3.8% Zenith.

It also indicates that 1/2 of the ship should be Elite!

We have a much higher percentage of frequent cruisers here on Cruise Critic.

I still find it interesting.:)

Edited by TommyD3

I dont know because Celebrity website for Captains Club tells me no info is available. I was on 8 points, needing 1 more to be Elite. That 1 point I could have got by doing 1 more cruise in any cabin for any number of days

.I hope I can still reach Elite just as easy

Sent from my ST27i using Forums mobile app

• Were still elite. I have 3 more future cruise numbers that I was going to use this spring, but will not wait for feed back. Did 3 straight RCCL cruises a few years back as a diamond member. The first two we had a good cocktail hour and then they got cheap on the third and I have not been back since. Under the old system I had planned to do three more 7 days cruise in a CC class or above cabin and I would have been elite +. I'm sure the bean counters will dimmish our cocktail hour by this time next year just like they did on RCCL.

Royal Princess, 10/18/14 Canada/NE, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

This poll does not reflect the percentage of each category you will see on a ship.

One of my Zenith friends reported recently that his TA cruise has 600 Elites, 130 Elite+ and 4 Zenith.

No surprise really. The majority I suspect of first and early cruisers never heard of Cruise Critic.

Anything polled here is likely skewed towards people who've cruised at least a bit before they ever read a post here.

My assumption is accurate 19 time out of 20, with a 4% error variation. :p

Oh Ya!!! Then there's always the "Interweb" factor.... if I say I am a world cruising black labrador retriever, I am a world cruising black labrador retriever!

514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg?region=name:FrontCenter,id:73634270,w:16

Edited by A Sixth?

Was Elite before the cruise - both by being Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean and by sailing 12 times with Celebrity. We were on the Reflection last week when the new rules went into effect so the big question was whether we would get 30 (or 60) points for the week or whether the new calculations would go into effect for the sailing which started 2 days before the new system. The Celebrity site has not yet put those in, but as we were in an Aquaclass suite, it would be either 56 or 60 points, which still makes us light years away from Elite Plus. I guess I will just have to folk over the extra $25 or so to make my internet package longer.

Looking at the perks, the goal to achieve is Elite, as the cocktail hour is really nice. Everything else, until you get to free cruises with Zenith, is not worth more than a few bucks, but it is nice to get recognized.

BTW, Celebrity is the first cruise line we have sailed which gives better perks to the Elite members than they give to suites.

I am elite. It is fine. Before the new levels were announced I never really thought much about getting to a higher level. It did not exist. Now that the elite plus and zenith levels are in the plan, so many people are expressing their opinions. Some good...some bad. In reality, it does not matter. Elite Plus . I may get there someday. As for Zenith......not in my lifetime. I have a life. I cannot decide whether I admire people who are at the Zenith level or feel sorry for them. I enjoy cruises. I also love other types of vacations....seashore, skiing, cultural events, time with family and friends, shopping in fabulous places, extended visits to places not on cruise ships, etc. To those people who attain the Zenith level, enjoy your free cruise. You deserve it. It will not be me.

Wow.

Previously Elite was able to go to Michaels Club event and now not eligible anymore until Zenith is reached which is just about impossible--don't like that this was taken away. Even though I don't drink alcohol, I liked the COMPANY OF OTHER WORLDLY CRUISERS.

Your disappointment is mis-placed.

The Elite cocktail hour has been held in either Michael's Club or the Sky Lounge, depending on how many were on board (or in extreme cases, replaced by vouchers).

The Elite cocktail hour has NOT been taken away. Only the Michael's Club venue has now been set aside for Zenith/VIP use. There will still be an Elite cocktail hour or vouchers. It just won't be in Michael's Club. Personally, I prefer the sky lounge with it's view of the outside.

Of course, you are correct Tommy! Cruise Critic samples are not the same as all Celebrity cruisers. But most of the people on this thread have cruised Celebrity, probably multiple times, and so you would expect it to be skewed toward the upper ends of the Captain's Club.

Just had dinner with a CCHostess. Told me that her list shows 40 Zenith level world wide.

So that would mean that 10% of all Zenith Level people were on the TA listed above in Tommy's post. And almost 15% of Zenith Level people responded to this poll. (assuming everyone is honest)

Edited by kelmac

No surprise really. The majority I suspect of first and early cruisers never heard of Cruise Critic.

Anything polled here is likely skewed towards people who've cruised at least a bit before they ever read a post here.

My assumption is accurate 19 time out of 20, with a 4% error variation. :p

Oh Ya!!! Then there's always the "Interweb" factor.... if I say I am a world cruising black labrador retriever, I am a world cruising black labrador retriever!

514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg?region=name:FrontCenter,id:73634270,w:16

LOVE your doggie, ASixth! He's all dressed up for formal night! ;)

Just had dinner with a CCHostess. Told me that her list shows 40 Zenith level world wide.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!:eek::eek::rolleyes:

40!!!!!!!!

Give it a few years and they're going to have to deal with all the money the hordes of Zenith passengers will eat up in free benefits!!!! :p:p:rolleyes:

Is it too soon to talk about reducing benefits and adding a ZennZone level?

I dont know because Celebrity website for Captains Club tells me no info is available. I was on 8 points, needing 1 more to be Elite. That 1 point I could have got by doing 1 more cruise in any cabin for any number of days

.I hope I can still reach Elite just as easy

Sent from my ST27i using Forums mobile app

The "old" Elite was 10 points so you were 2 cruises away from being Elite "in any cabin for any number of days".

• Were still elite. I have 3 more future cruise numbers that I was going to use this spring, but will not wait for feed back. Did 3 straight RCCL cruises a few years back as a diamond member. The first two we had a good cocktail hour and then they got cheap on the third and I have not been back since. Under the old system I had planned to do three more 7 days cruise in a CC class or above cabin and I would have been elite +. I'm sure the bean counters will dimmish our cocktail hour by this time next year just like they did on RCCL.

Royal Princess, 10/18/14 Canada/NE, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

The old system didn't have Elite+ so you couldn't possibly have planned anything towards achieving it.

The old system didn't have Elite+ so you couldn't possibly have planned anything towards achieving it.

LOL!!!!! How could anyone NOT plan for it in the back of their minds. :p

Anyone reading the Celebrity cruise critic threads even a little over the last three years knew there was a change to the captains Club coming and that it would include a new "higher" level....

Speculation ran thick at what number of "points" it would kick in.... 25 was a popular choice which has proven correct. :)