Formal Wear, evening dress

Mariarose38

Can any one please tell me what the dress code is in the MSC Divina, for dinner including the formal nights.

We will be doing a 14 night in March 2014 and the reviews seemed not to include this information.

PLease help Very confused first timer?

Your subject grabbed me but then I realised you are a lady and sailing on the Davina so I am not qualified to answer.

And you ask such difficult questions.

I hope those more qualified than I will be along here shortly to give answers.

All I would say is dress for the occasion you want it to be. Let others follow you.

Tim.

I'm not sailing the Divina so not sure if there is a difference in what people are doing on that particularly sailing. But normally you'll have 4 formal nights in 2 weeks. I'm assuming you're on 2 back to back cruises rather than one 14 night? There will also be an Italian night each week (red, white and green) and a white party. It's up to you whether you bother with the red, green, white thing or white party - I never do but do dress for formal evenings. Sometimes I wear a long gown but I'm in the minority, sometimes a cocktail dress (far more common).

Hopefully someone just returned from the Divina will assist you with what is being experienced onboard on the US sailing.

Your subject grabbed me but then I realised you are a lady and sailing on the Davina so I am not qualified to answer.

And you ask such difficult questions.

I hope those more qualified than I will be along here shortly to give answers.

All I would say is dress for the occasion you want it to be. Let others follow you.

Tim.

Thank you Skipper Tim, great advice :)

I'm not sailing the Divina so not sure if there is a difference in what people are doing on that particularly sailing. But normally you'll have 4 formal nights in 2 weeks. I'm assuming you're on 2 back to back cruises rather than one 14 night? There will also be an Italian night each week (red, white and green) and a white party. It's up to you whether you bother with the red, green, white thing or white party - I never do but do dress for formal evenings. Sometimes I wear a long gown but I'm in the minority, sometimes a cocktail dress (far more common).

Hopefully someone just returned from the Divina will assist you with what is being experienced onboard on the US sailing.

Oh thank you, I wasn't sure about the other nights (Italian and white party) I think I'll see what space there is in my case before I decide to pack to include those two. I wasn't to sure if long dress would look out of place, but I think I'm just going to go with the longer ones (as I look better in them I think)

Thank you for the help AmoMondo;40910522

Edited by Mariarose38

Oh thank you, I wasn't sure about the other nights (Italian and white party) I think I'll see what space there is in my case before I decide to pack to include those two. I wasn't to sure if long dress would look out of place, but I think I'm just going to go with the longer ones (as I look better in them I think)

Thank you for the help AmoMondo;40910522

You are very welcome. Nice to be thinking of packing cruise clothes rather what it's doing outside. I love wearing long dresses and whilst I may not be in the majority, I don't feel out of place. A plus is the crew appreciate it and fuss over you a bit more!