New Pinnacle Menu

frankc98376

Is it possible it is a new USPH Regulation for ships calling in U.S. ports?

Considering Crystal was making tuna tartare, steak tartare and Chateaubriand tableside on US-docked cruises as of 10 or so days ago, I'd put a lot of money on no.

We have quite a few Japanese and Chinese restaurants in our area.

Would this new ruling affect them as they prepare your entire meal right in front of you -- flames and all?

Pretty positive there is no new ruling outside HAL's fiefdom.

Good Evening All!!!

Well here is my verdict..Just arrived home off the Nieuw Amsterdam 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise and we did dine at the Pinnacle Grill. This had to be the most disappointing meal we have ever had period! Four leafs of lettuce with a couple of croutons and a drizzle of Caesar dressing in a parmesan shell..bland. Soup was a tomato broth with a little seasoning. My DH filet mignon was beyond salty. I had the crab legs (yes Kazu. there is NO discount being a 3 or 4 star mariner) and in all honesty they were no different from what the serve at The Mandarin, so I've heard. All in all it was a huge let down. Our waiter was fabulous and mentioned how many others have commented on how poor the menu has become.:(

Considering Crystal was making tuna tartare, steak tartare and Chateaubriand tableside on US-docked cruises as of 10 or so days ago, I'd put a lot of money on no.

Well, that answers that !! :D

Maybe the same law that prevents only the Westerdam from using the side board in the NL

I cannot figure that out. It makes no sense that 14 of 15 ships do it one way and Westerdam does not. Why do they refuse to offer the same choices in Westerdam's Neptune Lounge? If it is a 'test', by now they have to have gotten whatever answer they were seeking. For what full paying guests pay to be in those Neptune and Pinnacle Suites, you wouldn't think they skimp on a few muffins, a wedge of cheese and whatever. :eek:

The three cruises we enjoyed on Westerdam, we had the usual selection like on all the ships and then some months later, they changed it.

Edited by sail7seas

Exactly

HAL is making their own rules.

Just like for the Westerdam -- Neptune Lounge sideboard was completely stocked when the CEO was on board for Christmas. Before and after -- nothing!!

I remember reading that.

Good Evening All!!!

Well here is my verdict..Just arrived home off the Nieuw Amsterdam 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise and we did dine at the Pinnacle Grill. This had to be the most disappointing meal we have ever had period! Four leafs of lettuce with a couple of croutons and a drizzle of Caesar dressing in a parmesan shell..bland. Soup was a tomato broth with a little seasoning. My DH filet mignon was beyond salty. I had the crab legs (yes Kazu. there is NO discount being a 3 or 4 star mariner) and in all honesty they were no different from what the serve at The Mandarin, so I've heard. All in all it was a huge let down. Our waiter was fabulous and mentioned how many others have commented on how poor the menu has become.:(

So disappointing to read this.

Really sorry you had a poor experience in Pinnacle.

Thanks for sharing the info with us.

Welcome Back. :)

Good Evening All!!!

No discount for 4 star mariners????:(

Ouch, disappointing to read this about PG. We are cruising to the Med with explore4 in April and will get the 'free' PG dinner. I'm expecting we likely won't be able to use it anyway because of the busy port schedules we have planned and the likelihood we'll get a too-late dining time.

So I wonder if they offer this freebie as incentive to cruise and to enjoy the PG sooo much you will pay for it next time, why offer such a ho-hum experience? Surcharges on top of surcharges also don't impress me.

Ouch, disappointing to read this about PG. We are cruising to the Med with explore4 in April and will get the 'free' PG dinner. I'm expecting we likely won't be able to use it anyway because of the busy port schedules we have planned and the likelihood we'll get a too-late dining time.

So I wonder if they offer this freebie as incentive to cruise and to enjoy the PG sooo much you will pay for it next time, why offer such a ho-hum experience? Surcharges on top of surcharges also don't impress me.

There is a separate thread where someone onboard right now is giving PG favorable reviews. There are definitely mixed opinions, like many things I guess. ;) Probably best for everyone to try it for themselves.

No discount when you order the Crab Legs, we were charged an additional $20 for mine. Goes the same for the caviar.:(

We just got off the Zuiderdam today and ate at the Pinnacle a couple of times. We're not crazy about some of the changes, but it's still a treat. I had the crab legs as well, and did get my 4 star mariner discount for the crab leg surcharge. It was listed as $20 surcharge with a $10 loyalty discount.

We just got off the Zuiderdam today and ate at the Pinnacle a couple of times. We're not crazy about some of the changes, but it's still a treat. I had the crab legs as well, and did get my 4 star mariner discount for the crab leg surcharge. It was listed as $20 surcharge with a $10 loyalty discount.

You know I really think the Mariner discount depends on the ship, In the past I have done the Wine Pairing with the Le Cirque and was giving my 4 Star Mariner Discount, on our most recent cruise did the pairing again and no discount at all :( In all honesty I think the ONLY thing that is consistent with Holland America is to know there is NO Consistency :D

You know I really think the Mariner discount depends on the ship, In the past I have done the Wine Pairing with the Le Cirque and was giving my 4 Star Mariner Discount, on our most recent cruise did the pairing again and no discount at all :( In all honesty I think the ONLY thing that is consistent with Holland America is to know there is NO Consistency :D

Right, Lisa!

On the ships the basics are the same, but all the details are up to the ship-board management.

I used to think some ships just didn't know the 'rules", but I have come to see it as the ships have a lot of leeway to do their own thing.

I've seen with some of the 5 star rewards that they are not a sure thing, but up to the ship.