Will an Alcove fit 6 people?

AnnaMiami

I just booked an Alcove for our Jan 11 Reflection sailing. We are traveling with friends and family, and I asked the gentleman who took my reservation if we needed to book 2 alcoves if there will be 6-7 or us using it throughout the day (website says it accommodates 2-4 people). He said one should be enough, but it may be a tight squeeze. We don't all plan on sitting in it all day, just figured it would be a good spot to have use of throughout the day. I am however concerned that "squeezing" might take the relaxation aspect away from it. Has anyone used them with more than 4 people?

On Silhouette last year there were 8 of us and we rented 2 of them and I believe we could have used just one because of the fact that not everyone is there all the time. It works out that people are coming and going all day. If you have looked at the pictures of them- they would seat maybe 6 at a time using the footstool as a seat.

We really enjoyed having the Alcove. It worked out great as a meeting place and we didn't have to worry about "chair hogs". There will be 4 of us on the "sisters only" Reflection cruise and we have reserved one for the whole cruise.

I just booked an Alcove for our Jan 11 Reflection sailing. We are traveling with friends and family, and I asked the gentleman who took my reservation if we needed to book 2 alcoves if there will be 6-7 or us using it throughout the day (website says it accommodates 2-4 people). He said one should be enough, but it may be a tight squeeze. We don't all plan on sitting in it all day, just figured it would be a good spot to have use of throughout the day. I am however concerned that "squeezing" might take the relaxation aspect away from it. Has anyone used them with more than 4 people?

We use with 2 to 4 people, however I have seen six in one. You might not be too comfortable however as you will have to squeeze to people in- If you bring in two chairs from the bar area, and the two extra folks do not mind sitting on the regular chairs- that should work- I never saw the butlers remove the extra chairs. Also, they book up fast- so best to get the second alcove- you can cancel, should you decide not to use it prior to the cruise. Not sure if the Reflection had 8 or 10 Alcoves. The Silhouette also has them.

Edited by Cruise a holic

If you Google "alcoves on Silhouette" and then click the "Images" tab on the Google results you'll find lots of photos of them so you can judge for yourself. It probably depends how you plan on using them and how many at once.

If you Google "alcoves on Silhouette" and then click the "Images" tab on the Google results you'll find lots of photos of them so you can judge for yourself. It probably depends how you plan on using them and how many at once.

Thank you! I did, and I think anything more than 4 voids the relaxation factor.