John and Diane are at it Again!

Johnny B

What do Malarone and other medications, Tide Sticks, and kitty litter have in common? Usually, not much, but today they were essentials in getting ready for our fourth world cruise. It's a real challenge getting the insurance company to approve enough medications for 130 days at sea (. . . but why CAN'T you just have them mailed to you?). There are always "stain emergencies," so two Tide Sticks are absolutely necessary, and the young man who's staying at our house will need a LOT of kitty litter to keep changing that troublesome little box for Phoebe!

We are really excited to find ourselves almost ready to set sail. Our luggage will be picked up this Wednesday (while I ring Salvation Army bells), and we set sail from San Francisco on December 18. Since we live in Central California, it was a no-brainer to sail from here instead of flying to Ft. Lauderdale. We'll have a chance to visit some colonial cities in Central America and start working on our tans. In addition, besides the four bags that HAL will transport for free, we can just throw the rest into the back of the rental car and take them when we check in. Did I mention a few cases of wine? The wine rule doesn't change until January 31, so we are taking full advantage!

We are hoping to have you join us for our longer-than-ever-before cruise, and we'll try to keep you informed and entertained. Stay tuned! (John, have you cleaned those rain gutters yet?)

In response to the luggage question, we have four suitcases picked up and delivered to our stateroom courtesy of HAL, and of course they are our largest ones. We do unpack everything, but in addition to having most of the suitcases hauled away and stored in the bowels of the ship, we keep two smaller ones under the bed, especially for overlands, as we're doing 10 days in South Africa, Botswana, and Zimbabwe on this cruise. The drawers and closets get pretty crowded, but we manage somehow!

Thanks so much for taking us along. It is how I get through our winter. It warmed up and was only -18 this morning as I got into my car and it took a full 40 km for the car to feel warm.

So yes, your posts really do make a difference!

What do Malarone and other medications, Tide Sticks, and kitty litter have in common? Usually, not much, but today they were essentials in getting ready for our fourth world cruise. It's a real challenge getting the insurance company to approve enough medications for 130 days at sea (. . . but why CAN'T you just have them mailed to you?). There are always "stain emergencies," so two Tide Sticks are absolutely necessary, and the young man who's staying at our house will need a LOT of kitty litter to keep changing that troublesome little box for Phoebe!

We are really excited to find ourselves almost ready to set sail. Our luggage will be picked up this Wednesday (while I ring Salvation Army bells), and we set sail from San Francisco on December 18. Since we live in Central California, it was a no-brainer to sail from here instead of flying to Ft. Lauderdale. We'll have a chance to visit some colonial cities in Central America and start working on our tans. In addition, besides the four bags that HAL will transport for free, we can just throw the rest into the back of the rental car and take them when we check in. Did I mention a few cases of wine? The wine rule doesn't change until January 31, so we are taking full advantage!

We are hoping to have you join us for our longer-than-ever-before cruise, and we'll try to keep you informed and entertained. Stay tuned! (John, have you cleaned those rain gutters yet?)

Yay!, another of your World Cruise blogs to subscribe to. I can't believe it's time again. I know you will have a fantastic cruise.

Thank you for taking us along.

May your days be sunny and your seas be smooth.

Edited by NMLady