Online checkin problems...

Smilin'Wave

My husband & I are going on a 5 day cruise out of Tampa in a few weeks. We thought today would be a good day to do our online checkin as with the holidays coming up we are going to be pretty busy. And besides, it's currently snowing here & we thought this would make for a good task to complete on a snow day :) Unfortunately when we tried to complete our checkin, it kept telling us there was an error & we can't complete the online checkin. We can't get past the first part of the checkin process. Not sure what's going on or why this is happening. When I called Carnival they told me their system seemed to be working & walked us through some basic stuff on our computer but still we ran into issues. We are going to try again, maybe tomorrow. Anyone else experience something similar? Any ideas on what could be the problem? I can't try another computer this weekend as we only have the one.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. We did delete our temporary files & cookies but that didn't seem to work. We were using Explorer. We are going to try again using a different browser. Hopefully that works. Unfortunately we only have the one computer & can't use another at the moment.

Anyone else experience something similar?

I sail TODAY and tried to pull up my booking as I normally do and something clearly was amiss!!!

We have 4 cabins and normally when I log on I see all 4 bookings. They were not there and it said my next sailing is in 360 DAYS!

I KINDA PANICKED!!

But then I was able to pull them up individually by entering the booking #s, birthday, etc.

But I agree, something clearly is not right!

I was on the site today booking some excursions and had no issues. If you try and access your booked cruise the day you sail you will have issues. At a minimum you won't be able to add or change anything since they shut off that capability 24-36 hr sheaf of time

Thanks everyone for all your help. We completed our online checkin yesterday using Firefox & we managed to complete it. Unfortunately, we are now unable to print our documents! When we try to print them, the PDF looks funny, the words are cut off at the bottom and only the top of the words are showing. Not sure what's going on with that.

Thanks everyone for all your help. We completed our online checkin yesterday using Firefox & we managed to complete it. Unfortunately' date=' we are now unable to print our documents! When we try to print them, the PDF looks funny, the words are cut off at the bottom and only the top of the words are showing. Not sure what's going on with that.[/quote']

I had to open each document, choose "File, Save As" and save it as a .pdf. Then I opened the pdf by double-clicking. It opened in my pdf reader and I was able to print just fine. I suspect the Carnival website or perhaps Firefox, as I was using a Mac.

I had to open each document, choose "File, Save As" and save it as a .pdf. Then I opened the pdf by double-clicking. It opened in my pdf reader and I was able to print just fine. I suspect the Carnival website or perhaps Firefox, as I was using a Mac.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried again this evening & was able to finally save the PDF on my computer & print the documents properly. I had to use Explorer as they were still not working properly with Firefox.

I've never had this much trouble before with cruise documents or online checkin. We cruised on NCL a few months ago & everything worked perfectly. We cruised on Carnival 2 years ago & also had no issues. Not sure what they did this time to make things so difficult!