Half Moon Cay

swom

Going to my very favorite island in Feb and haven't been there in......7 or 8 years....anything new? I know they have the stingray thingy, but did that in Grand Cayman, any new shops or things I haven't seen.

Hope they still have my favorite bar....I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever!!! Love that sign and it's so true!!!

If you read down the board there are three large, very comprehensive threads on HMC.

That's the problem. One of the threads in particular is huge and has outdated info in it because it goes back so far.

OP -- you've probably seen that there are now two-storey villas on HMC which can accommodate 8 people, IIRC, and then there's a surcharge for each additional person. You can also get butler service.

The parasailing and deep sea fishing excursions don't appear to be offered any more.

Enjoy your trip!

That's the problem. One of the threads in particular is huge and has outdated info in it because it goes back so far.

OP -- you've probably seen that there are now two-storey villas on HMC which can accommodate 8 people, IIRC, and then there's a surcharge for each additional person. You can also get butler service.

The parasailing and deep sea fishing excursions don't appear to be offered any more.

Enjoy your trip!

You read on the later pages, if you are concerned. But as the OP says they haven't been there in many years, knowledge will be gained by reading all of them, if the OP can. Reading is not a bad thing.

You read on the later pages, if you are concerned. But as the OP says they haven't been there in many years, knowledge will be gained by reading all of them, if the OP can. Reading is not a bad thing.

LOL!! IIRC it's over 40 pages long now and goes back four years. There's outdated info on the very first page, so not much point in reading all of it. Yes, people can read the last year or so of postings and/or they can start their own thread and hope that other CCers won't just steer them to unwieldy threads started years ago.

The villas don't really excite me. I can't afford them anyway, but a new bar shaped like a pirate ship???? Really? Do they still have the kids area over by the jetty?

Captain Morgan's, between cabana #6 and Villa A....

A530.JPG

Villas A,B,& C ...

A532.JPG

Children's Play Area....

A519.JPG

Thanks Jamman54 for the pics. The ship-bar is new to me. Looks nice and so are

the villas. They look wonderful. The childrens area is still the same since I was

there last though Looks a lot more built up which kinda makes me sad. Hope it's

as wonderful as I remember.

Again, thanks for the pictures. A lot has changed there.

Thanks Jamman54 for the pics. The ship-bar is new to me. Looks nice and so are

the villas. They look wonderful. The childrens area is still the same since I was

there last though Looks a lot more built up which kinda makes me sad. Hope it's

as wonderful as I remember.

Again, thanks for the pictures. A lot has changed there.

You'll still enjoy it. As the pictures show, there are a few new items designed to generate some extra revenue. Other than that, it really hasn't changed.