Radiance of the Seas

Just put a courtesy hold on this ship and itinerary because I saw the pricing for solo rate Deluxe Ocean view Stateroom with Balcony (E3) for $1672 9 nights 20 October. Just working out whether to pull the trigger. Its such a good price I believe for balcony for solo.

Thoughts. It will be the same itinerary as doing on 23 Jan on Rhapsody of Seas.

Sarah

Just put a courtesy hold on this ship and itinerary because I saw the pricing for solo rate Deluxe Ocean view Stateroom with Balcony (E3) for $1672 9 nights 20 October. Just working out whether to pull the trigger. Its such a good price I believe for balcony for solo.

Thoughts. It will be the same itinerary as doing on 23 Jan on Rhapsody of Seas.

Sarah

is that date the 11th october, its a good price for one but if you include your tips its close to $200 per day but if you're happy with the price go for it

Yeah its the one for the 11 October. I thought it was the same itinerary as my cruise on 23 January but I think I'm going to couple more ports.

Anyway, I thought it was reasonable, no OBC.

AUD Guest #1 Guest

Cruise Fare 1552.00

On Board Service Charge 102.60

Taxes and Fees 120.21

Total Charge 1774.81 so works out to be 197 per day.

I would think $200 per day for a solo is pretty good, especially for a balcony.

Yeap. I've had a look around couple of Australia TA and no one really offering better pricing or any OBC. So I just book directly with RCL as the pricing is the same and there is no incentive to use an agent.

Yeap. I've had a look around couple of Australia TA and no one really offering better pricing or any OBC. So I just book directly with RCL as the pricing is the same and there is no incentive to use an agent.

Seems like a great price for a Solo cruiser in a balcony cabin.:D

Yeap. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and book it.

What is the difference between a Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony and a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony?

Edited by icat2000

What is the difference between a Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony and a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony?

The only difference is more interior space - they're about 10-15% bigger. They also tend to be in 'better' locations e.g. aft and centre.

As a solo, if you're happy with the E3 location I'd say it's not worth it, since you've already got the room to yourself. :)

Edited by The_Big_M

I'm sure someone will know.

But you've got to love these marketing guros, as both mean the same to me. :)

Which is the best, superior or deluxe?

Edited by MMDown Under

The only difference is more interior space - they're about 10-15% bigger. They also tend to be in 'better' locations e.g. aft and centre.

As a solo, if you're happy with the E3 location I'd say it's not worth it, since you've already got the room to yourself. :)

Yeap I got a midship location on deck 7. Cabin 7124.

Edited by icat2000

Sorry, just realised my reply wasn’t fully clear – the Superiors are above the Deluxe as they’re generally about 10-15% bigger.

Your cabin location is good. The main reason those are the grade they are is because you can’t see down to the water, due to the lifeboats, and you’re also recessed, so you can’t see all the way up/down the ship. You can look out fine though.

E2 and E1 will give you higher positions so you can get a better view down if you want that, and the Superiors (D2 and D1) also have those better heights, but also more central.

Sorry, just realised my reply wasn’t fully clear – the Superiors are above the Deluxe as they’re generally about 10-15% bigger.

Your cabin location is good. The main reason those are the grade they are is because you can’t see down to the water, due to the lifeboats, and you’re also recessed, so you can’t see all the way up/down the ship. You can look out fine though.

E2 and E1 will give you higher positions so you can get a better view down if you want that, and the Superiors (D2 and D1) also have those better heights, but also more central.

I made sure my cabin was not one of the obstructed views. Will I still have the probelms with cant see down to water ?

I made sure my cabin was not one of the obstructed views. Will I still have the probelms with cant see down to water ?

Yes, cabins on deck 7 generally don't have obstructed views out. However, most of them (including your area) are blocked down.

Here's a picture I found from somebody else to give you an idea what it's like. It's actually from deck 8. Deck 7 is below on the left so you'll be able to see that you can't see down due to the tender covers.

IMG_2520-1.jpg

Thanks for going to the trouble of finding the picture. For the price I'm paying I'm happy with my choice cause to put 2 ppl in the same cabin its double the price. Do you think I would be better on deck 8. I change for about 30 bucks more

Edited by icat2000

Thanks for going to the trouble of finding the picture. For the price I'm paying I'm happy with my choice cause to put 2 ppl in the same cabin its double the price. Do you think I would be better on deck 8. I change for about 30 bucks more

That is a choice for you and your budget.:D

For $30 it's worth it :-)

Edited by The_Big_M

I've change my cabin to Deck 8 Cabin 8588. I think it was an extra 50 bucks. What I like about the RCL online booking thing is you can modify your cabin online. Anyway, please feel free to comment whether my choice is a okay, good or a dud go back to looking at plans. I've never cruised on the Radiance.

I've change my cabin to Deck 8 Cabin 8588. I think it was an extra 50 bucks. What I like about the RCL online booking thing is you can modify your cabin online. Anyway, please feel free to comment whether my choice is a okay, good or a dud go back to looking at plans. I've never cruised on the Radiance.

8588 is mid ship next to the elevator so you wont have any walking to do and its in between decks so you shouldnt have any noise problems